The Student Room Group

Women are now going for effeminate men.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Arnotts
Its been my type since I can remember or even knew what a type was. Its nothing to do with fads or what looks 'in' at the moment, I've always been repulsed by extreme masculinity.

Same. I've always been repulsed by extreme masculinity. I just see it as broad and vulgar. I don't see it as classy or sophisticated. I am drawn to creativity and sensitivity and articulateness. A beer swilling football mad yob built like a brick **** house just seems like someone I just couldnt connect with.

I'm not on the pill by the way. I've always preferred slightly androgynous looking men.

Slim athletic I'd say is my ideal build but I'm not really THAT arsed. As long as he isn't really muscly it's a win.

I'd rather date someone a bit overweight than someone bulked up with huge muscles. YUCK
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Eveiebaby

Original post by Eveiebaby
Same. I've always been repulsed by extreme masculinity. I just see it as broad and vulgar.

I'm not on the pill by the way. I've always prefered slightly androgynous looking men.

Slim athletic I'd say is my favourite ideal build but I'm not really that arsed. As long as he isn't really muscly it's a win.

I'd rather date someone a bit overweight than someone bulked up with huge muscles.

shut the **** up
Reply 82
Original post by reisen
Do not understand that at all but they do seem to like "cute" things over there. Give me a hunk of a rugby player any day! :P

What the hell was the neg for? explain yourself!

+1, balance is not restored :tongue:

oh and i used to play rugby in high school :sexface:

:laugh:
Reply 83
Original post by ShinyLittleTit™
shut the **** up

I'd say what I like thanks. Just because you don't want to hear it doesn't give you the right to censor it.

:smile:
Reply 85
Original post by hareandhound
I think that lots of effeminate men, especially when they have the emo/androgynous style, are very manipulative and trick women into bed, to a far greater extent than most normal guys.

Haha, right on the dot mate!

I wouldn't say they are 'effeminate men', i call them tactical men.
Reply 86
So that's why far eastern women don't want me :frown:
Original post by Harry.C
It's so they can have someone to chat to about desperate housewives. The only conversation I ever have with a women involves pirates, sandwiches and tabasco.

haha....I talk about boobs and stuff with the girls I know :biggrin:
Original post by 4ttari
Haha, right on the dot mate!

I wouldn't say they are 'effeminate men', i call them tactical men.

I call them "deserve to be shot so as not to sully the human gene pool men".....
Reply 89
Yes because men pretending to be women on a forum and whining about effeminate men getting too much attention is the way to go.
Reply 90
Original post by frequent_flyer
Wearing skinny jeans or straightening your hair doesn't suddenly change your biology!

Not on there own they dont make you effieminate some of my mates straighten their hair but they are still one of the lads but its a combination of long hair, being extremely skinny to the point where you think their starving themselves and generally not looking very masculine.

Original post by frequent_flyer
I personally only find really feminine looking men or really masculine ones attractive, somehow skipping out the middle.

So basically, don't do things by halves :biggrin:

That makes no sense thats like me liking girly girls (which i do) and the dyke looking ones that wear g-star raw and jack wills i.e looking like a lad.
Reply 91
I think this is the same as how so many girls seem to really hate beards.

Am I only in thinking a little bit of manly facial hair is no bad thing (within reason)?
Original post by Zander5
Not on there own they dont make you effieminate some of my mates straighten their hair but they are still one of the lads but its a combination of long hair, being extremely skinny to the point where you think their starving themselves and generally not looking very masculine.

Obviously I don't advocate anyone starving themselves :eek: but honestly, I think feminate guys are pretty. Feminine clothes such as skinny jeans often accentuate a broad chest and strong jaw, so the guy ends up looking more masculine than if he was wearing a t shirt and baggy jeans.

That makes no sense thats like me liking girly girls (which i do) and the dyke looking ones that wear g-star raw and jack wills i.e looking like a lad.

There's definitely a difference between wearing trackies and looking dykey! I think the most attractive people are comfortable with themselves and their style reflects that.
Reply 93
Original post by dmz
+1, balance is not restored :tongue:

oh and i used to play rugby in high school :sexface:

:laugh:

Well helloooo :fan:
Reply 94
Original post by reisen
Well helloooo :fan:

:wink:
Haha to be fair i did just about every sport available :tongue:
Original post by ConorMC
Hong kong is not in Japan -_-
look at an atlas.

My thoughts exactly.
Just my opinion but I could never be attracted to an effeminate man. Love the rugged, masculine, alpha male type.
Reply 96
Original post by dmz
:wink:
Haha to be fair i did just about every sport available :tongue:

where did you go to school?
Nothing wrong with looking pretty
If you look at pictures of men who women find most attractive, you'll find they invariably look effeminate "cute".

Take a look at this: http://www.plentyoffish.com/hot500.aspx

The "top 500" is mainly women, but even though I'd probably get 4 out of 10 on there, I'd rather look like me than most of the men there!
Reply 99
Original post by reisen
where did you go to school?

Manchester

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending