The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Provided that there were certain boundaries, I wouldn't find it strange in the slightest. If anything, it is quite nice to have a situation where a teacher and a pupil both gained enough from their experience of education together that they became friends afterwards.
Reply 2
I wouldn't, but that's because I was friends with some at A-Level and I'm friends with some of my uni lecturers now too. You're both human beings who can share the same interests so I don't see the problem.
No there is nothing wrong with it, just carry on being friends
Reply 4
My teacher from secondary school added me on FB. I definitely want to tap it but... I don't know whether to address her as Miss or by her name. :erm:
As long as it stays as a friendship, it's fine. You say it wouldn't be romantic but, after meeting up a few times, there's a danger that you may begin to 'fall' for her...
Reply 6
I'm friends with two of my college teachers, but high school, dunno :\
I'd say it's ok. I myself am still in contact with some of my ''middle school'' (equivalent to your GCSE) teachers, I go and visit them now and then. I also am friends with a couple of my current high school teachers, though I cannot call it a proper friendship as long as I am their pupil
(edited 13 years ago)
A teacher at my brothers GF's old school got suspended just for texting pupils. It wasn't even anything out of line either. It was little texts like coursework deadlines and the odd Merry christmas or something like that.

They started a massive petition to get her brought back but in the end she didn't even want to come.

Point of the story is that you need to be careful not to cross a line. You'd feel awful if something happened to their job because of it.
Hell no! :angry:
Original post by TheFlyingDutchman
A teacher at my brothers GF's old school got suspended just for texting pupils. It wasn't even anything out of line either. It was little texts like coursework deadlines and the odd Merry christmas or something like that.

They started a massive petition to get her brought back but in the end she didn't even want to come.

Point of the story is that you need to be careful not to cross a line. You'd feel awful if something happened to their job because of it.

Yeah, but in the case of OP, she's his EX-teacher
Just be careful :smile: You may know that there's nothing romantic going on, others aren't so understanding.
Original post by Zebra-Zahra
Just be careful :smile: You may know that there's nothing romantic going on, others aren't so understanding.

I agree :smile:
Reply 13
If you don't find it weird, then go for it :smile: it's not like she's still your teacher anymore anyway
Are you sure it would be 'nothing romantic'? :sexface:
Reply 15
I think it's ok to be friends with teachers but I'm not sure about going to a meal with one.
Unless there is a bunch of you.
Reply 16
No. Not strange at all. After all they aren't your teacher anymore - there's no reason why you shouldn't be friends. You're both adults, who presumably share similar interests and like each other enough to hang out.
You're both adults, and you're not a pupil anymore, so there isn't a problem. :-)
Reply 18
Original post by Wildebeest
Provided that there were certain boundaries, I wouldn't find it strange in the slightest. If anything, it is quite nice to have a situation where a teacher and a pupil both gained enough from their experience of education together that they became friends afterwards.

Couldn't have put it better myself :smile:
Original post by Scaramouche11
Are you sure it would be 'nothing romantic'? :sexface:

Haha, I love :sexface:!

Latest

Trending

Trending