The Student Room Group

To what extent are you okay with your girlfriend/boyfriend flirting with others?

I don't mind it at all when it's playful teasing as I do the same, but when it's overt and sexual it really upsets me... but I'm not sure if I'm abnormal in feeling like this and need to chill out about it more.

So how do you feel about it?
(Anon as he uses this. Thanks.)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Threesome...
Zilch. The next step after flirting is cheating...
My boyfriend does it lightly, in front of me... it really is actually upsetting.
i'd get angry, upset and jealous if she didn't flirt with other people.

im just joshing. i dont have a girlfriend
(edited 13 years ago)
If she doesn't sleep with them, then it's ok.
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
I don't mind it at all when it's playful teasing as I do the same, but when it's overt and sexual it really upsets me... but I'm not sure if I'm abnormal in feeling like this and need to chill out about it more.

So how do you feel about it?
(Anon as he uses this. Thanks.)

I'm okay with it as long as it's just verbal. I don't mind him flirting a little, because I'm a big ol' flirt so it would be a tad hypocritical of me. :colondollar:
Reply 7
I enjoy it. But i'm cuckolded so...
No extent.
Reply 9
I'm not ok with it lol, it just indicates a constant need for attention and general needyness.
Reply 10
Like most other men i have met, im not okay with it in the slightest.
i flirt with people... but i think it really is that i'm an over friendly drunk, and behave the same to all genders. boys and girls.

i was 'overfriendly' to a guy once, whilst i had a boyfriend, and i offered to walk with him somewhere he had to go after a night out (as i would so for any friend) then i was cold. he gave me his jaket, even though i said no.. then he came on to me. so i led him on?

i've never actually seen my boyfriend flirt with anyone in front of me. thankfully.
Reply 12
I don't get it - why would you want to flirt with others when you have aperfectly fine boyfriend/girlfriend with you (unless they're not good enough). This isn't an insult to those who do, i'm just curious as to why?
i would not be okay if he did this with others at all.

thankfully my guy has zero social skills, so i think i'm safe on this :'D
Reply 14
i flirt with people... but i think it really is that i'm an over friendly drunk, and behave the same to all genders. boys and girls.

i was 'overfriendly' to a guy once, whilst i had a boyfriend, and i offered to walk with him somewhere he had to go after a night out (as i would so for any friend) then i was cold. he gave me his jaket, even though i said no.. then he came on to me. so i led him on?

i've never actually seen my boyfriend flirt with anyone in front of me. thankfully.

I read that as 'he came on me'.

I was like no wonder your boyfriend wasn't happy with it...!
Reply 15
Wow, a lot of posessive men on here! :lolwut:
strikes me as disrespectful. if you really absolutely cannot help but do it, at least try not to do it when your other half is RIGHT THERE.
Original post by JongKey
I don't get it - why would you want to flirt with others when you have aperfectly fine boyfriend/girlfriend with you (unless they're not good enough). This isn't an insult to those who do, i'm just curious as to why?

Alcohol maybe?

I don't flirt with other girls out of respect for my girlfriend, and I expect she does the same.
Original post by .Ali.
Wow, a lot of posessive men on here! :lolwut:

Or lots of men that don't want to date slappers.
Reply 19
Or lots of men that don't want to date slappers.

Flirting =/= slapper :facepalm2:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending