The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
I may have the occasional toot...which i swiftly blame on ibs so its all good

But seeing used sanitary products....the line has well and truly been crossed there :puke:
Original post by Anonymous
I was not talking about him purposefully farting just when I'm about to ravish him. but it happens, it is a natural bodily function, doesn't mean he's less attractive. to me it's almost a part of how close we are and comfortable we are with each other. you are meant to pee you know, as for farting, it happens..

I appreciate it happens, but it's not something I'm overjoyed to see nonetheless. I'm very close to my partner also, but clearly in a very different way. Peeing may be natural, it's also something we as a society do in private hence why there's only one toilet in our bathrooms and public toilets are separated into cubicles.
My boyfriend is a typical bloke, will fart in front of me, doesn't see a reason to lose the door when peeing etc. I try and hold it in out of politeness (as I would with anyone, really) and always shut the door when on the toilet. Idk why, just see it as quite a private thing and something he doesn't need to see/hear =)

We've had sex when I've been slightly on my period, or more 'spotting', which didn't really bother either of us but I would be fairly concerned if he saw any used sanitary products. Urgh!
I read somewhere a while ago that British women will openly fart and don't see anything wrong with it i just laughed and dismissed it and just thought to myself "no woman is that disgusting." Than I made the mistake of reading this thread while eating and :puke:
Original post by Anonymous
so I'd like to ask what you think or how you act regarding these things.

I'm a girl, my bf would fart in front of me, I wouldn't have issues about peeing in front of him, we have had sex numerous times when I was on my period, ie he's seen sanitary towels half used (you know what I mean) as well and just generally discuss every tiny detail even regarding that if he asks..

are you the same or do/would these things gross you out?

:puke: disguisting!
Original post by Lell
This and Ilora-Danon :smile: I wouldn't fart freely in front of my boyfriend and if he started doing it I think I'd request that he stop! It's a sign that you don't feel the need to impress each other anymore in my eyes...dangerous :s-smilie:

I'm supposed to be impressed that someone holds a fart in ? :s-smilie:

That's the last thing that impresses me about someone. If your partner is still making the effort to look good for you, prepare romantic everings and surprise you with things then they are still trying to impress you. Why can't they be comfortable enough around you while doing it ? I don't know about everyone else but holding it in gets pretty uncomfortable for me.

If a girl ever told me to stop I'd tell her to do one.
Reply 106
Original post by TheFlyingDutchman
I'm supposed to be impressed that someone holds a fart in ? :s-smilie:

That's the last thing that impresses me about someone. If your partner is still making the effort to look good for you, prepare romantic everings and surprise you with things then they are still trying to impress you. Why can't they be comfortable enough around you while doing it ? I don't know about everyone else but holding it in gets pretty uncomfortable for me.

If a girl ever told me to stop I'd tell her to do one.

Well I've been with my bf a while and we don't do it in front of each other. I'd just see it as a sign that we were getting too comfortable with each other, perhaps becoming a bit 'sloppy'...I wouldn't do it in front of even my closest friends so why would I do that in front of the man who I want to see me as sexually attractive? I guess I just see it as a lack of manners...he hasn't done it so far, why start now. I really would ask him to leave the room if he wanted to do that, same as I would my friends...

Same with peeing in front of each other really - I don't feel compelled to leave the door open while my friends are round, or to pee while they are in the bathroom if they stay over at my house, so why do I suddenly need my boyfriend to be present when I'm emptying my bladder?

(and FYI I'm 24, have been in a couple of serious relationships and lived with my ex-boyfriend for two years so I'm not exactly immature or inexperienced in relationships...)
Original post by Lell
Well I've been with my bf a while and we don't do it in front of each other. I'd just see it as a sign that we were getting too comfortable with each other, perhaps becoming a bit 'sloppy'...I wouldn't do it in front of even my closest friends so why would I do that in front of the man who I want to see me as sexually attractive? I guess I just see it as a lack of manners...he hasn't done it so far, why start now. I really would ask him to leave the room if he wanted to do that, same as I would my friends...

Same with peeing in front of each other really - I don't feel compelled to leave the door open while my friends are round, or to pee while they are in the bathroom if they stay over at my house, so why do I suddenly need my boyfriend to be present when I'm emptying my bladder?

(and FYI I'm 24, have been in a couple of serious relationships and lived with my ex-boyfriend for two years so I'm not exactly immature or inexperienced in relationships...)

I didn't mean to imply you were immature or inexperienced I'm just responding to your post with my opinion.

There is a difference between farting and peeing though. Pee is obviously messy and unsanitary (I know pee itself is sterile but it provides the perfect environment for bacterial growth). Farting on the other hand is completely different. Aside from the smell (which lets face it is far from the worst thing you will ever smell most of the time) then what is the problem with it ?

Why inconvenience someone to leave the room ? When it's something everyone does. There is a difference between your bf having to actively move to go to the toilet with you to watch you pee as apposed to him just being able to fart where he is. I mean leaving the room to fart when I'm with someone I'm supposed to be completely comfortable with ? Doesn't make sense to me.

I think too many women let men fart and they don't do it themselves (not talking about you anymore here because you said your bf doesn't do it in front of you). It sounds weird but to me it sort of gives the boy some sort of upper hand ? I think girls should be doing it as well.

My posts make me sound like some sort of "Lad" but I don't have this free approach all the time. Obviously I wouldn't fart in front of lots of people I don't know very well but she's my gf. I personally think it's a sign that both people are truly comfortable with each other. This may sound weird but to me you are trusting the other person not to judge you for farting like they would judge most other people.
Why on earth would I want to see my Gf taking a piss or her sanitary deposits? ****ign freaks that people are these days.
Original post by Lell

i think it is a higher level to feel that comfortable with your bf, all this about trying to impress them sounds a bit iffy to me. and if you lived with someone, surely you eased up a little...

must be awful , trying to impress your other half all the time. my bf is the person i feel most comfortable with in the world...
Reply 110
Original post by HARRY PUTAH
Why on earth would I want to see my Gf taking a piss or her sanitary deposits? ****ign freaks that people are these days.

not purposefully, you idiot..
Original post by TheFlyingDutchman
I didn't mean to imply you were immature or inexperienced I'm just responding to your post with my opinion.

There is a difference between farting and peeing though. Pee is obviously messy and unsanitary (I know pee itself is sterile but it provides the perfect environment for bacterial growth). Farting on the other hand is completely different. Aside from the smell (which lets face it is far from the worst thing you will ever smell most of the time) then what is the problem with it ?

Why inconvenience someone to leave the room ? When it's something everyone does. There is a difference between your bf having to actively move to go to the toilet with you to watch you pee as apposed to him just being able to fart where he is. I mean leaving the room to fart when I'm with someone I'm supposed to be completely comfortable with ? Doesn't make sense to me.

I think too many women let men fart and they don't do it themselves (not talking about you anymore here because you said your bf doesn't do it in front of you). It sounds weird but to me it sort of gives the boy some sort of upper hand ? I think girls should be doing it as well.

My posts make me sound like some sort of "Lad" but I don't have this free approach all the time. Obviously I wouldn't fart in front of lots of people I don't know very well but she's my gf. I personally think it's a sign that both people are truly comfortable with each other. This may sound weird but to me you are trusting the other person not to judge you for farting like they would judge most other people.

it's not about having a deliberate entourage when going to the bathroom, rather if he was there brushing his teeth or having a shower, i wouldn't mind peeing in front of him...
Well I wouldn't say we go out of our way to see each other peeing, but sometimes it happens, it's not a big deal.

As for sex on period, yes we've done that, though not recently, but I wouldn't go waving half-used sanitary towels at him...why would I? There's a bin next to the toilet, if my sanitary towel is used, it gets wrapped up and goes into the bin! I mean, I wouldn't be an issue if he DID see a sanitary towel of mine for whatever reason, but I don't think it has ever happened, because the situation hasn't arisen, and I can't see any reason that it should to tell you the truth.

He has seen me giving birth - there's nothing much messier than that to be honest lol.

And yes, we fart in front of each other. At the beginning of the relationship, maybe for the first year, I used to hold them in, but the longer you're with somebody the more comfortable you feel being yourself around them.

We've been together nearly 10 years (married for 6). We know each other extremely well and are very comfortable with each other.
Original post by Tommyjw
Yes, my main point was you calling someone wrong because they are of one opinion. Thus im trying to get it into your obviously already so full mind that many other people are of the same opinion thus you have no right to call someone 'wrong' for it.

Good luck with the inability to form any type of argument :smile:. Really, it's amazing, trying say someone is immature for having a certain opinion, an opinion that is widely known to be widely 'popular' .. it's really quite cute, bless, dropped on the head i guess?

I look forward to your next reply, probably try to comment on grammar or spelling again whilst still avoiding the main point. Should be fun, no?

her 'opinion', that it was always certainly unhygienic was factually incorrect.

by the way, it's completely irrelevant to the thread, but just because an opinion is popular doesn't make it somehow less objectionable, im astounded at your 'logic' there.

it's like saying, in my opinion, Bury is bigger than London. it just isn't. just because i said 'in my opinion' first doesn't make it beyond criticism.

frankly im surprised by the level of vitriol in your post, stop clogging up the thread by insulting other members in a rather childish and pointless fashion. feel free to pm me if it helps to relieve your clearly massive level of anger.

what's up, girlfriend dumped you cause you cried about period blood? :smile:
Done all those things, no problem.
This is disgusting, I feel sick.
my boyfriend once wrapped my 'used' sanitary towel for me >.< He said that he was 'sure' I'd do the same for him :tongue:
Straight up, you kids arent ready for the bonds of farting
Reply 118
Original post by petitflam
her 'opinion', that it was always certainly unhygienic was factually incorrect.

by the way, it's completely irrelevant to the thread, but just because an opinion is popular doesn't make it somehow less objectionable, im astounded at your 'logic' there.

it's like saying, in my opinion, Bury is bigger than London. it just isn't. just because i said 'in my opinion' first doesn't make it beyond criticism.

frankly im surprised by the level of vitriol in your post, stop clogging up the thread by insulting other members in a rather childish and pointless fashion. feel free to pm me if it helps to relieve your clearly massive level of anger.

what's up, girlfriend dumped you cause you cried about period blood? :smile:

You also said it was immature, or are you ignoring that point.. you know.. the point i actually commented on? :smile:

Yet again, you fail to understand the basic English language and how to read, and continue to ramble on about points i did not make.

I do hope your at least taking classes for it or something, because i feel quite embarrassed for you, because it is quite obvious the whole way through i have been talking about you calling her immature, i have mentioned it several times, and yet you still ignore it, i congratulate you on your persistent inability to form any real argument here.

Oh, and terrible 'example' if that's what you want to call it. One city being bigger than another is a fact, obviously your too stupid to realise that the current topic is not a fact or not so i'll spell it out for you. Lots of girls don't mind having sex on their period, lot's don't want to.

That's right, lot's don't, do i need to google that word for you? . If you talk to any large group of women, or look at any thread on the same topic you will notice countless people saying they will not have sex on their period. Now.. obviously your a bit of an idiot so your going to ignore this fact again and ramble on about something else,m so good luck with that.
Farting, yeah why not?? peeing... probably not, and sex on my period??? bloody hell no thanks :lolwut:
:h:
(edited 13 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending