The Student Room Group

I like this guy but he is 26? I'm 19.

Two years ago I met him. he's my sister's best friend's older brother. I remember feeling instant shyness when i saw him. I was 17 and in the driving seat of a car and he was in car beside me. windows down while people in the passenger seats talked over us. and we were just glancing at each other.
my sister then told me he was asking my age. and he said he thought i was about 19 and shocked to find out i was 17.
the next year i was going out a lot with sister and her friends and kept bumping into him. everytime i saw him i'd get nervous, just loved the way he looked, the way he smiled (like sharing a private joke with himself - as cheesy as it sounds!)
the way he looked around and at me. and i overheard him talking to people and he was really lovely and funny and smart.
the thing is we never spoke. i am seriously shy, and in that situation i barely knew my sister's friends that well. thre was a time i sat next to him on the sofa and we just didnt look at each other or speak to each other. i began to think he ddn't like me. and thought why would he, he is far older than me etc. but there was like a certain awkwardness between us (just assumed it's cause we were sitting so close and didn't know each other).

and so i kept ignoring him. just sort of smiled if he came in with people then carried on talking to people i knew better. my sister then told me ( and another of my sister's friends) that he always asks about me. and that he finally admitted one night he really liked me and found me really lovely looking. but they were giggling because they found it funny (and they had no idea i liked him.) so i was really shocked and flattered and just told them i was flattered. but they said he had said "I won't do anything because she's your sister and that wouldn't be right."
another one of their friends was dancing with me on the dancefloor, and they told him this and apparently he seemed really surprised and disapointed. he took it the wrong way.
by that stage i had exams so had to stop going out with them for a few months. then i didn't meet up with that crowd that much, when i did, he wasn't there.
i went out with another guy for a few months which didn't work out. but even though i cared about him, there was none of the same nervousness and excitement i felt whenever i was near that other guy. i was in town last week, and he passed me and he smiled and it completely melted me inside. and it had me feeling giddy the next few days.... can't stop thinking about him now.
Reply 1
Cool story.

Did you want some input or something?
Reply 2
Original post by chrislpp
Cool story.

Did you want some input or something?

nah. bless you for asking though.
Reply 3
Reply 4
Reply 5
Original post by G550NDH

you're right.
i should just go to sweden.
thanks bro
Reply 6
Reply 7
I know the feeling. I'm 19 and Prince Harry is 26.
D:
It depends on the stage of life he's at. Some people mature quicker than others.
I'm 26 and a student and find myself more at home most of the time with other students, who just mainly happen to be younger.
If you like him then go for it. The age difference isn't really a big deal unless you let it be one.

I can't think of many 26 year old guys who wouldn't be happy that a 19 yo is interested in them :wink:

What have you got to lose?
That's so cute! I would deffo go for it, it's not that big of an age gap :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by Anonymous

you're right.
i should just go to sweden.
thanks bro

no worries fam
Reply 11
Original post by C. Nworb
I know the feeling. I'm 19 and Prince Harry is 26.
D:

gah...

don't give up hope
are you serious? im 21 and most of my boyfriends have been in their mid twenties. I like Men.
Reply 13
Reply 14
if he likes you and you like him and something happens, dont let age gap stop ya cuz its not that bad tbh.
I can't really talk since i've 22 and my bf is 30 but yeah it can be hard when you're in very different places.

If one of you is looking to settle down and the idea of marriage terrifies the other one its hard. Also if one of you is settled in a job and the other one is at uni etc its much harder.

Make sure you're the same maturity level and know what you both want out of the relationship else it just won't end well
Reply 16
Tl;dr, BUT just from the title... 7 year age gap is fine, imo.
I have no idea what the point of this thread is. If it's reassurance you're after that it's okay, it's okay, there we go.
Reply 18
If you love him, go for him. If you don't have feelings for him then just stay friends.

I date someone 2 years older than me when I was 15.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending