The Student Room Group

Got my driving test tomorrow and I'm already nervous :(

Any useful tips please? :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by aqeela09

Wear a very short skirt and low cut top, then hope you have a pervy driving test guy who will not focus on your driving so much.
Reply 2
Original post by ebam_uk
Wear a very short skirt and low cut top, then hope you have a pervy driving test guy who will not focus on your driving so much.

Haha only the woman does the Saturday tests, so that wont work lol
Reply 3
Spray loads of deodorant on the morning before, I sweated so much my t-shirt stuck to the seat and the steering wheel got slippery...yeah, not nice haha. Don't drink loads beforehand - I was bursting for the last 10 minutes or so :P. But do stay hydrated, you focus better. Lastly don't let the nerves get to you, stay calm and you'll do fine :smile:.
Reply 4
Original post by lucus18
Spray loads of deodorant on the morning before, I sweated so much my t-shirt stuck to the seat and the steering wheel got slippery...yeah, not nice haha. Don't drink loads beforehand - I was bursting for the last 10 minutes or so :P. But do stay hydrated, you focus better. Lastly don't let the nerves get to you, stay calm and you'll do fine :smile:.

Awwww i prob do same tbh :L.. Yeah my instructor said have some red bull I was like okay =/ lol.. Thank you hopefully will go okay :smile:
Reply 5

awwh dont worry! i did mine only a few months ago and i got really nervous but it was fine!! i just pretended that i was doing my normal lesson and tried to make myself think that the examiner was just my instructor. CHILL!! it will go brilliantly :biggrin: just remember that your instructor would never have entered you for the test if you weren't ready! just go for it! you'll be so proud of yourself when it's all over! :smile:
GOOD LUCK :biggrin:
Reply 6
Picture your driving instructor/pedestrians and other drivers naked.
Mine is in two weeks and I am already nervous!!! Ugh! To make everything worse I had the most horrific lesson today!
I focused on the test and don't worry about doing things wrong, before my test i went through the structure the test and my general driving methods, also carry on even if you think youve made a mistake
Original post by lucus18

oops, accidentally negged you when i meant to pos >_< remind me to +pos you in a month. feel free to neg me!

i agree though, i get really sweaty when im nervou s in the car =/
Reply 10
Original post by flutegirl
awwh dont worry! i did mine only a few months ago and i got really nervous but it was fine!! i just pretended that i was doing my normal lesson and tried to make myself think that the examiner was just my instructor. CHILL!! it will go brilliantly :biggrin: just remember that your instructor would never have entered you for the test if you weren't ready! just go for it! you'll be so proud of yourself when it's all over! :smile:
GOOD LUCK :biggrin:

Awhhh thanks.. Yupp I know I can drive but am a bag of nerves thinking about it =/
Reply 11
Original post by scotttb
Picture your driving instructor/pedestrians and other drivers naked.

Is that to make you scrunch your eyes closed when you see a fat pedestrian crossing in front of you? :colone:

OP, if you can, talk to your instructor beforehand (mine picked me up from my house to drive me to the centre because I was using his car for the test, are you doing teh same?), and s/he'll tell you what you need to look out for, if there is anything. Hopefully there isn't anything you need to worry about, and good luck :smile:
Reply 12
Original post by whattheheck
Mine is in two weeks and I am already nervous!!! Ugh! To make everything worse I had the most horrific lesson today!

Know how you feel :frown:
Know how you feel :frown:

It is one of the most horrible feelings! Its my re-test as well. I failed on the most silliest of mistakes last time. I just have a feeling I will get the Chief Examiner and he is known for being a meanie!! But, I'm thinking positively. I have two weeks to clear everything up. Might look into getting that Rescue Remedy. Anyone tried it on here?
Reply 14

never worry...the day before my test i had a lesson during which i mucked up my parallel park (like 5 times), couldnt do the reverse park AT ALL and hit the curb at least twice during my 3 point turn!! and i passed my test the next day!!! :biggrin: i wouldnt worry, especially as there are still a few weeks to go until your test! i am a horrific driver and managed to pass first time so i'm sure you'll be absolutely grand!! :smile: good luck :smile:
Reply 15

Drive on the left hand side of the road.
Because Boone else gets nervous right? Poor you.
I failed 7 times. Got my 8th booked. Its not as bad as you think...
Reply 18
It is one of the most horrible feelings! Its my re-test as well. I failed on the most silliest of mistakes last time. I just have a feeling I will get the Chief Examiner and he is known for being a meanie!! But, I'm thinking positively. I have two weeks to clear everything up. Might look into getting that Rescue Remedy. Anyone tried it on here?

I heard the remedy is suppose to work.. Yup am sure you'll do well I make the silliest mistakes of all too.. Good luck :smile:
Reply 19
its the same as driving during your lessons...be calm and relaxed :smile: good luck

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending