The Student Room Group

Online Assessment Boots

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MrsJaredLeto
Omg I just received this cos I applied for another job at Boots:

Thank you for applying for the position Customer Assistant - Bolton Market Place.

As you have recently been unsuccessful in an application for an equivalent role, we are unable to consider this additional application.

How unfair is that??

Geez dont think I want to work there anymore!

They do that if you fail the questionnaire thing. You have to wait something like 6 months before you can re-apply...

If you apply to a second position and don't get that, it just means that they filled up their interview spots or something before you sent your application in :smile:
Reply 21
Well i just got my response.
Rejected. Some of you are saying you cant apply for another job for 6 months, mine didn't say anything about that.

Dear ____
Thank you for applying for the position of Christmas Customer Assistant-Sheffield Meadowhall Shopping Centre.

We have received a high volume of applications for this specific role and unfortunately you have missed out on this occasion. We appreciate the time you have taken so far and would like to encourage you to go to www.boots.jobs and register for job alerts in order to be the first to hear of our new vacancies. Once again we would like to thank you for your interest in Boots.

Kind Regards,
Boots Recruitment Team
I applied for a permanent position a couple of weeks ago now, still nothing :frown: probably cause I'm an internal applicant... I wanted to know by Saturday (I leave my old job on Saturday)
Reply 23
I finally got a response from Boots which which wasn't simply "we've received a high number of applications and you've missed out this time". I got asked to do the online questionnaire thing - has anyone done this, and got an interview? The last set of questions, the personality ones, were awful and repetitive. I had no idea if I've chosen the answers they want. :dontknow:
would anyone(who is successful in getting job there) like to give me some hints and tips on how to apply at boots......please i really wanna work in boots................thanks in advance
Reply 25
Hi,

I recently got a job as a customer assistant, I would say just write a lot about yourself in the 'is there anything you'd like to add section' and relate it to who they're looking for. Eg. Friendly, caring. Also apply as soon as you see the vacancy as they often get so many applicants they will reject straight away.
im having difficulty applying to one particular place on the website, everytime i click on apply, it just freezes up!! ive been trying since last night and ive had no luck =/ there isnt even a contact number or anything for this part of the website!! anyone else experienced this?
they send me an email and asked me to complete an online assessment...can anyone(who has completed the online assessment) please tell me what type of questions they ask????please
Reply 28
They just give you scenarios where you have to answer what you'd most/least likely do in the situation, then they ask you some personality questions. Good luck in passing cos that's the part I ALWAYS fail :/
Original post by MrsJaredLeto
They just give you scenarios where you have to answer what you'd most/least likely do in the situation, then they ask you some personality questions. Good luck in passing cos that's the part I ALWAYS fail :/

Oh did you do that scenario what it is about??and did you ever passed it???
Reply 30
I answered the scenarios with the most/least likely answer I'd give that would benefit the customer however there must been some sort of trick because I got an email from boots stating I'd failed :frown:
Reply 31
I don't think you 'failed' exactly, but sometimes they have high standards when looking for employees so :/
Reply 32
Original post by watsgoingon
Oh did you do that scenario what it is about??and did you ever passed it???

The scenario basically shows you round the store, and with each section, and then gives you a question such as "You're working on the till and notice that the customer you are serving has two products that are 3 for 2. What do you do?"
Then they give you four answers and you choose the one you're most likely to do and then the one that you're least likely to do.

At the end is a personality section, and you're given two statements and you click which one sums you up best, and there's around 23 of them (so boring!)

I think everyone mucks up at that point because they try to catch you out by repeating some of them, and you end up selecting a different answer to what you selected earlier.
Original post by Rhii_anna
The scenario basically shows you round the store, and with each section, and then gives you a question such as "You're working on the till and notice that the customer you are serving has two products that are 3 for 2. What do you do?"
Then they give you four answers and you choose the one you're most likely to do and then the one that you're least likely to do.

At the end is a personality section, and you're given two statements and you click which one sums you up best, and there's around 23 of them (so boring!)

I think everyone mucks up at that point because they try to catch you out by repeating some of them, and you end up selecting a different answer to what you selected earlier.

Did you pass and if so what's the best trick to pass it???
had anyone complete the boots assessment and was successful??????
Original post by watsgoingon
had anyone complete the boots assessment and was successful??????

Yup, and I worked there from October 2010 until Saturday last week...
Reply 36
I did the assessment online a couple of weeks ago, I found it very repetitive and some of the questions were dead boring.

To get to the assessment page you HAVE TO ADD YOUR CV stuff in the 'Is there anything else that can assist your application question'. I nearly missed this out first time I filled out the application page, then I incorrectly entered my email address and had to do the WHOLE thing again.

In this section write; your work experience -Very important, Previous employers etc, your skills and interests really only relevant though.

Basically all the answers they want to hear are on the job description page. If you read through it says you need to be 'optimistic' etc. I remembered this.

I week later I got offered to do an interview.

Then two days after this interview I got the job :smile:

Hope this helped. Keep trying though as this was 4th time lucky for me!

Ask me any questions :smile:
Reply 37
FOR THE ASSESSMENT

*Basically all the answers they want to hear are on the job description page. If you read through it says you need to be 'optimistic' etc. I remembered this.
Reply 38
I got an interview, which pretty much means I'm getting the job. But I've also been offered an interview at Waterstones and John Lewis and now I'm unsure which one to go for! :dontknow:

lol at the negs, I only said that because I've worked for Boots for like 4 years previously, not because I'm full of myself. :girl:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 39
Go for all the interviews.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending