The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

So, for PS is anyone going to leave a line between each paragraph or are you just going to indent etc. Becasue I am comfortably within the count limit, but am a few lines to long, with line spaces between paragraphs.
Original post by crazy1234
So, for PS is anyone going to leave a line between each paragraph or are you just going to indent etc. Becasue I am comfortably within the count limit, but am a few lines to long, with line spaces between paragraphs.

mate definitely leave a line if you can afford to. It reads much more nicely, and will make it easier for the admissions tutor- and that can only be a good thing!
Reply 2982

I left lines and I think it's the best thing to do.
Apart from Oxbridge/LSE, which universities do interviews?
Original post by Tateco
I left lines and I think it's the best thing to do.

Original post by Tomatochuckers
mate definitely leave a line if you can afford to. It reads much more nicely, and will make it easier for the admissions tutor- and that can only be a good thing!

Thanks, just had a look at it in UCAS and it looks so much better with line spacing. Time to get cutting again :smile:
Original post by dsinghdahiya257

I thought it was just Oxbridge that interview for Economics...
Reply 2986

:yes:
Original post by dsinghdahiya257

Warwick and UCL have interviews, but they are informal, i.e. they won't decide whether you get an offer or not. Don't ask me why :tongue:

yeah I find that annoying as I would have liked to use interviews as a way to showcase my swag :cool:
yeah I find that annoying as I would have liked to use interviews as a way to showcase my swag :cool:

Same here, bruh. Oh well :sadnod:
Decided to do an EPQ...dayum its a lot of work. 500 words down, 4500 words to go :rofl:
Original post by -Illmatic-
Decided to do an EPQ...dayum its a lot of work. 500 words down, 4500 words to go :rofl:

Wow sounds like a lot of work! What is it about?

Haha oh dear 4,000 down, 1,000 to go :biggrin:
What's yours on?
Reply 2993

So much unnecessary effort :wink:
Reply 2994
Original post by Tateco
So much unnecessary effort :wink:

Damn straight. It's too late for me to pull out so I'm suffering and still at the note-making stage. Having said that, I have a big paragraph on my EPQ in my PS using my topic as a launchpad (topic= 2010 World Cup).
Original post by zxh800
Damn straight. It's too late for me to pull out so I'm suffering and still at the note-making stage. Having said that, I have a big paragraph on my EPQ in my PS using my topic as a launchpad (topic= 2010 World Cup).

The EPQ is definitely a useful and worthwhile thing to do, even though it is a pain in the backside.
You can mention it in ur PS and talk about it in your Oxbridge interview as they seem to be quite interested about it. LSE also said they recommend it if available.
Original post by nightmare91
Warwick and UCL have interviews, but they are informal, i.e. they won't decide whether you get an offer or not. Don't ask me why :tongue:

How do you know UCL and Warwick do interviews mate?
Reply 2997
Original post by zxh800

Saying that, I would have still done it if I wasn't doing AS further maths this year :tongue:
Reply 2998
The EPQ is definitely a useful and worthwhile thing to do, even though it is a pain in the backside.
You can mention it in ur PS and talk about it in your Oxbridge interview as they seem to be quite interested about it. LSE also said they recommend it if available.

Well, when I spoke to one of the guys who interview at Churchill (he was a fellow of the college and one of the Economics tutors/lecturers). He didn't actually know what the EPQ was. So, I'm not sure if it'll be useful in an interview. PS wise, yea I guess it's useful. However, I might not keep it in my PS as I don't discuss my A-level subjects (which is what LSE wants for non-relevant subjects. I think I remember reading on their website that they woud like to know what you've learned from those subjects).
Reply 2999
Original post by Confused101
Well Notts offer is minimum offer is AAA...and loads of AAA students got rejected over the last few years, some because of their GCSEs.
They did this because there are so many applicants who are predicted 3 As, they needed a way to seperate them...hence GCSEs came into play. It's a pretty lazy and frankly stupid way of doing it, but hey they're the admissions tutors, not us.

As for Bristol, I'm not sure, but again aren't they AAA too?

Not to put a downer on things but it's much better to know where you truly stand now and make the best of it, than overshooting your choices and ending up disappointed 6 months from now.

Honestly, try to beg for atleast an AAAB prediction - having a 3 A prediction opens so many more doors for you. Otherwise you'll have to stick with AAB unis (or some AAA unis may consider AABB due to 4 subjects).
Of course you can have one bliss choice of Notts or Bristol just for the hope.

Do they only use GCSE's for people with the low predictions? for example if i was predicted 4 A*'s would my GCSE's come into play?

Latest

Trending

Trending