The Student Room Group

He's only interested in my body :(

He's got a new girlfriend but he's texting me every so often, and we do talk about other things but I think he's complimenting me too much... Saying how good I look, how it's not fair that he can't have me!

We've known each other for ages now and he's always been attracted to me, and vice versa. We were friends before but we fell out for a while and now we've made up. Problem is I had feelings for him before and he knew how I felt, and now we're talking again, I can't help but remember how much I liked him and I don't think I ever really got over him :frown:

And now I just feel really confused... I'm kinda gutted that he has a girlfriend now because it just makes it clear that he doesn't care about me, but he keeps telling me how perfect I look, etc :s-smilie: It's messing with my head a bit and I don't know what to do :frown: Help anyone, pleeeease?
(edited 12 years ago)
I dont understand you completly, you were frnds than you got apart and you both knew your feeling for each other now he has gf, and you are not got over him,
but i would like to tell have you tried to tell you how you feel about him, if you have already did, do it once again, he will answer you something if he is interested in you or not, if he seriously loves her gf then you have to move on and concentrate on you other activities and delete his folder from your mind, if you want you can talk occasionally but not regularly.
Reply 2
Right there a few possible explanations for this....

He has got a new girlfriend but he still likes you because he didn't feel you two were going anywhere. This might have happened if you were "just friends" for too long possibly.

Or, probably more likely, he is a typical testosterone filled male. This means that he wants the best of both worlds. He wants a girlfriend but also still wants to feel loved by you, and possibly even more!!

If I were you I would either talk it through with him about the situation i.e. him being in a relationship but still flirting with you. You need to find out why he is doing this and whether he still likes you in the way you want. Or you could just try and distance yourself from him. This would mean not texting him and trying not to think about him too much. Find other guys... he would then get the message that he can either have you or his girlfriend - not both!

Good luck.
Reply 3
I agree with the above poster; it sounds like he wants the best of both worlds.

Perhaps try mention it to him if it's affecting you. Ask him what's going on because he's in a relationship, yet he's flirting with you and you have a history.
Reply 4
Original post by bigdave
Right there a few possible explanations for this....

He has got a new girlfriend but he still likes you because he didn't feel you two were going anywhere. This might have happened if you were "just friends" for too long possibly.

Or, probably more likely, he is a typical testosterone filled male. This means that he wants the best of both worlds. He wants a girlfriend but also still wants to feel loved by you, and possibly even more!!

If I were you I would either talk it through with him about the situation i.e. him being in a relationship but still flirting with you. You need to find out why he is doing this and whether he still likes you in the way you want. Or you could just try and distance yourself from him. This would mean not texting him and trying not to think about him too much. Find other guys... he would then get the message that he can either have you or his girlfriend - not both!

Good luck.

I couldn't work out for what reason he might be flirting with me still but it occured to me that it might be something like this... that it makes him feel good about himself? I don't know :frown:

I don't want to not text him though, and I have a horrible feeling that if I said to him that it's either her or me, he'd stop texting me altogether, not even just normally :frown: I know that would mean I'm better off without him anyway.

I can't imagine that he still likes me the way he used to... I mean, he has a girlfriend now, how could he still 'like' me? I'm sure it's just physical :frown:

Thank you so much for replying.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending