The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3560
Original post by jamiepango
Other way round for me, my references and predicted grades are all sorted, they're just waiting on me :colondollar:

I wish you luck on your interview, let me know how it goes :biggrin:

Original post by nightmare91
I sent mine off yesterday :smile: Good luck to you two!!! Hope the best for you! I'm sure you'll get into Cambridge :u:

Thank you :h: Good luck and hope your Oxford interview goes well (because you will definitely get one)
Reply 3561
Good luck Tat, nightmare, Groat and Jamie! All the best guys!
Original post by Tateco

Thanks! :biggrin:

Original post by Hemzo

Thanks, you too! :biggrin:
Reply 3563
Original post by Hemzo

You too! :u: Finalised where you're applying yet?
Reply 3564
AS grades: AAAAAB Maths, Physics, Econ, Biology, General Studies, Critical thinking

predicted: AAA in Maths, physics econ,(dropped biology) although physics and econ may change to an A*, but is unlikely (I averaged 90% in both physics and econ).

Only sure about St Andrews really, everywhere else in the top 10 is asking for an A*, which rules me out.
UCAS sent to unis :smile:
Reply 3566
How are ucl goin to see our ums scores
Original post by FDR
AS grades: AAAAAB Maths, Physics, Econ, Biology, General Studies, Critical thinking

predicted: AAA in Maths, physics econ,(dropped biology) although physics and econ may change to an A*, but is unlikely (I averaged 90% in both physics and econ).

Only sure about St Andrews really, everywhere else in the top 10 is asking for an A*, which rules me out.

I would defo try and get those two A*s as they are 90% and you would get A*s for those in other schools. It will make a world of difference. Keep explaining this to your school.
Reply 3568
Original post by Psychotic546
UCAS sent to unis :smile:

Good luck! :h:
Reply 3569
Original post by Tomatochuckers
I would defo try and get those two A*s as they are 90% and you would get A*s for those in other schools. It will make a world of difference. Keep explaining this to your school.

Yeah, I am going to try, but they are very reluctant. I think I'm just going to get my head down and achieve in the exams, then re apply if I don't get any offers that I'm happy with this year. The fact that it is 9k a year means that I'm going to be a lot more choosy about where I go to (as I imagine a lot of other people are).

I wouldn't have an issue with not being predicted those A*s if it weren't for the fact that there are people on here with Bs and even Cs who are predicted A*s, which is obviously frustrating for me, and others on here who aren't predicted those grades.
Original post by FDR
Yeah, I am going to try, but they are very reluctant. I think I'm just going to get my head down and achieve in the exams, then re apply if I don't get any offers that I'm happy with this year. The fact that it is 9k a year means that I'm going to be a lot more choosy about where I go to (as I imagine a lot of other people are).

I wouldn't have an issue with not being predicted those A*s if it weren't for the fact that there are people on here with Bs and even Cs who are predicted A*s, which is obviously frustrating for me, and others on here who aren't predicted those grades.

I am thinking in exactly the same way. I'm in a similar situation as my A* in maths has been downgraded to an A :angry: so got not A*s meaning my chance of getting into my choices this yr are extremely remote. But still, I'd rather get in straight away and I dont understand why there are reluctant. Tho at the end of the day I need to do well in my A2s
Original post by smoky188

Don't exactly know but I think there might be an additional questionnaire I think?
Reply 3572
I'm annoyed with my current predicted grades. AAA (+A GS and A EPQ). However, I got 98% in Geography, and 92% in both Maths and Economics (admittedly only took one module at AS, but got between 91 and 99% on internal mocks I was doing). The geography I could possibly get changed to an A*, but the others is looking extremely unlikely :mad:
Reply 3573
Beg the teachers u need as high prediction as possible and ur ums justify them
Original post by CloClo7
I'm annoyed with my current predicted grades. AAA (+A GS and A EPQ). However, I got 98% in Geography, and 92% in both Maths and Economics (admittedly only took one module at AS, but got between 91 and 99% on internal mocks I was doing). The geography I could possibly get changed to an A*, but the others is looking extremely unlikely :mad:

You got 98% and still weren't pred an A*. Your teacher is a troll and a waste(wo)man.
Yeah my maths was also at 92% Snap
You got 98% and still weren't pred an A*. Your teacher is a troll and a waste(wo)man.
Yeah my maths was also at 92% Snap

Maths is also 92% and I have A* prediction, albeit only because I misread a question in C1 LOL
Original post by 94george94
Maths is also 92% and I have A* prediction, albeit only because I misread a question in C1 LOL

Yeah I made 3 marks worth of illy mistakes in C1 really should have done better in it, in fact i got exactly the same in C1 and C2 :redface: which I didn't think would of happened
Original post by smoky188

Don't exactly know but I think there might be an additional questionnaire I think?

As discussed a few pages back, the options are:
1) Put UMS scores in the "other" box on the UCAS form
2) Email them your scores after submitting the UCAS form
Reply 3578
Anyone applying to do Economics & Economics History at LSE and reckon they'll still be pedantic douche bags about GCSE's and stuff? Also! What do you folks think of my current choices: Oxford, LSE (for the above course), Nottingham/Warwick, Royal Holloway, Lancaster/Surrey. Anyone have any inside scoop on what the courses are like at each place? One more thing... If places ask for an A/A* in GCSE maths, is this overlooked if an applicant got an A/A* at A-level maths or just do A-level maths anyway?? Thanks for all the help you guys have given already!

One last last thing! If someone were to be predicted an A and two A*'s and applied to any of the above places with that, if the standard entry requirements were lower than the predicted grades, would the offer from universities change to match the predictions? Thanks again!!
(edited 12 years ago)
Yeah I made 3 marks worth of illy mistakes in C1 really should have done better in it, in fact i got exactly the same in C1 and C2 :redface: which I didn't think would of happened

LOL I dropped 9 UMS marks, should've been 100 GRRR :angry:

Latest

Trending

Trending