The Student Room Group

Online Assessment Boots

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
hi has anyone applied for Boots recently and been succeccful. applied 4 times in August using different e-mail addressess and each time failed online assessment.Have just applied twice in last ten days for xmas temp position once again failed online assessment. know someone who works for boots and she sat with me doing assessment and couldn't believe l failed it.worked for them 12 years ago was easier going through interview process then anyone got any tips.
Got rejected too. :grumble: I'm never applying to Boots again! The assessment takes the piss, tbh. :angry:
Reply 62
Hi guys, I did the online assessment test about 10 days ago and still no reply about the result!!! :confused: what should I do? Anybody knows if there is an email that I can write to for inquiring about this?

It's so weird, when they told me I passed the first stage of assessment (the application form), it only took them 1 day to inform me...
actually this is the second time I applied and when I applied the first time for this same position but at a different branch, they told me around 2 days later that I did not pass and so I did not even do the online test that time!

So how come this time the online test took them more than 10 days? Has anybody experienced this too? :confused::confused:
Reply 63
And my opinion for doing the online test is, read the job descriptions!! :smile: There they already tell us exactly what attributes they want, i.e. cheerful, willing to offer help, eager to learn about the products, etc.

Good luck everybody!! I hope I get my result soon :s-smilie:
Reply 64
My cousin had an interview for a Christmas temp position today. I applied yesterday for the 3rd timeand completed the online assessment with the same answers she used. I had been unsuccessful on the previous occasions but my cousin Todd me the answers she used.
She told Me that they are more likely to employ a 16 year old because they can pay then less.
We'll see what happens because I personally think that it is all based on experience and age.
Reply 65
Original post by seeraj15
My cousin had an interview for a Christmas temp position today. I applied yesterday for the 3rd timeand completed the online assessment with the same answers she used. I had been unsuccessful on the previous occasions but my cousin Todd me the answers she used.
She told Me that they are more likely to employ a 16 year old because they can pay then less.
We'll see what happens because I personally think that it is all based on experience and age.

May I know how long your cousin waited until she's invited to an interview? I've already done the test for 10days but still no news about the result... while my friend who did the online test applying for the same job and same branch got rejected right on the next day!

What the hell... Did they miss out my test or something?! :mad:
Reply 66
I think it was around 5 days at the most. I'll let you know whenthey let me know about my assessment.
Reply 67
I think it was around 5 days at the most. I'll let you know whenthey let me know about my assessment.

Thanks! :smile: I'll let you know too if they would finally contact me lol :rolleyes:
Reply 68
Original post by flo1121
Thanks! :smile: I'll let you know too if they would finally contact me lol :rolleyes:

hmmmmm I completed the online assessment 3 days ago and still havent heard anything back. When I previously done the assessment they got back to me the next day saying I was unsuccessful. Anyone know how long it usually takes after doing it?
Reply 69
hmmmmm I completed the online assessment 3 days ago and still havent heard anything back. When I previously done the assessment they got back to me the next day saying I was unsuccessful. Anyone know how long it usually takes after doing it?

According to what I've seen, when you're unsuccessful you get the reply the next day, but if you're successful and are invited to an interview it takes longer, up to 5 days in my experience.. I've got an interview tomorrow! *nervous*

So it's definitely a good sign if you haven't heard back yet :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 70
I actually heard back 2 days after i completed the online assessment inviting me to an interview, but where i applied is a relatively small store in a quiet area. It must depend upon how many applicants they recieve :smile:
Reply 71
@nine6 how was your interview? I have mine next week so any advice would be helpful please :smile:
Reply 72
Original post by n_123
@nine6 how was your interview? I have mine next week so any advice would be helpful please :smile:

So I think my interview went ok overall. The lady was really friendly, she first asked me my availability shift-wise, then some interview questions like:
-Tell me about one time you helped someone without being asked
-Tell me about one time you went out of your way to help someone
-Tell me about one time you had to make people you did not know feel comfortable
A few other questions that I don't remember...

Then we went to the shop floor and I was asked a few questions like
-What would you do if a girl wanted to try a new shampoo after having used the same one for several years?
-What if she wanted shampoo to have glossy hair, what product would you recommend?

Then she asked me about the product I chose, I chose a handcream, I had to say why it appealed to me, and how I would go about trying to sell it, and finally how about selling it to an older person

Then the scary part, she took me to the No7 aisle, talked to me about the handcream and asked me to go talk about it to customers, so I did, the people were not very cooperative, they were like 'yes I know this' I still mentioned the 3 for 2 offer though..

Then I had to point out confident and non confident customers, and go towards the non confident looking ones and asked them if they needed any help, 2 didn't need any, but one needed and I answered a bit wrong, that was my most rubbish part, so the manager stepped in..
Then she took me to a random aisle and asked how the aisle should be for the customers (tidy, clean, etc) then asked what I could do to improve it if I had a few minutes, then if I had a few hours..
Then she left me to tidy for 5 minutes (I pulled everything to the front, tidied, found promotion tags detached, so I put them back, etc..)

That wwas it :smile:
Not so scary, except the facing customers bits, be prepared for that, it's rather scary, the manager said that when she applied to Boots she didn't have to do this, and that if she had she would have been soo scared lol. So yeah the staff was all very helpful, they were all telling me how they love working there. I really hope I'll get the job, but I'm a bit worried about my failure at helping the customer :s
Anyway, I hope this helps :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 73
Thanks a lot that helped loads on what type of stuff to prepare for :smile:
Reply 74
Original post by fnm
Have you filled in everything-as in is your online application complete? If it is it goes straight to the place you applied, then if they think you're ok, they'll email you asking you to book an interview (includes the typical boots testing process of handing stuff out, asking some questions etc.), then hopefully offer you the job.

Hi Would you give me some help on how to pass the questionnaire I have been rejected on many occasion. Much appreciate for replies.
i failed my online questionnaire despite being honest and strategic with my answers at the same time. Despite being a woman of 30 with 14 years worth of private and public sector experience and extensive customer facing skills AND in the 2nd yr of my Business degree - im not worthy of a job at Boots, utter b0ll0cks!!!! lol
Reply 76
the ****ers did not accept me I 'failed' the assessment
I got an interview! :O just got a call, I'm super nervous...I 'm really not good at interviews...anyone got any advice?
I did the online assessment but I was unsuccessful. :frown:
Reply 79
I applyed for a job as Christmas temp at boots got past the 1st stage and was invited to fill out the online assessment after completing this I received an email today stating that I was unsuccessful. I'm 26 years old have been working In customer facing jobs for 10 years in retail also in supervisor postions and for the last five years been working as cabin crew.Still finding it hard to believe I didn't even make the interview stage for a Christmas temp job. Ive moved to a new area with my boyfriend and was hoping to get a job over Christmas whilst I get settled in the area meet some new people and consider my next move and seriously considering returning to studying as would like to take a new career path. Found the assesment to be over the top for the position but never the less filled it out honestly. Never experienced an application form like it and I've filled out my fare share! Guessing it's all atomatic and if you don't answer a certain % right they just wipe you out. Think it's a shame that everything is done on computer these days I rember when I was looking for my first job when I was at college I just walked round giving my CV out, think this shows alot more willing doing something face to face. I was aware that it was a tough Market out there regarding finding jobs but slightly worried that I'm not worthy of an interview for Christmas temp job for two months that I know I'm more than capable of doing but guess that hasn't come across from my answers. Good luck to all of you who are still job hunting hope you all find something soon :-)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending