The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5180
so here's my dilemma. i have already sent my ucas off and i'm worried i won't get in anywhere. i applied for bristol, leeds, birmingham, southampton, sheffield with 2As and 2Bs at as. i got 3a*s 6as and 2bs at gcse and i'm predicted 2As and a B even though my B in history should be an a cos i got an a for as last year. i know bristol will say no, that was just a dream choice but what are my prospects for the other four?

be brutally honest.
Original post by flask9
so here's my dilemma. i have already sent my ucas off and i'm worried i won't get in anywhere. i applied for bristol, leeds, birmingham, southampton, sheffield with 2As and 2Bs at as. i got 3a*s 6as and 2bs at gcse and i'm predicted 2As and a B even though my B in history should be an a cos i got an a for as last year. i know bristol will say no, that was just a dream choice but what are my prospects for the other four?

be brutally honest.

Sheffield should give you an offer.
Original post by lordvulture
wow... that's some incredible stuff, you are so talented :P

Thank you! WOW! To hear that especially from you! :biggrin:
Reply 5183
Original post by WalkerPrince
Thank you! WOW! To hear that especially from you! :biggrin:

Your background knowledge is frightening man.
Original post by zxh800
Your background knowledge is frightening man.

Reply 5185
Original post by WalkerPrince

I skimmed through the monetary policy one and the America in crisis one.
Original post by jacky23
what are your as and predicted grades like? did you put your module scores down?

I got AAAA at AS and my predicted grades are A*A*A, and I'm doing AS FM as well. I put the grade I got in C1, C2 etc. but not the UMS on my actual UCAS.

Original post by smoky188
Thanks for replying how long was this after acknowledgement letter thank you

I think it was within a few days. :smile:
Original post by zxh800
I skimmed through the monetary policy one and the America in crisis one.

Ah I see, thanks :smile:
Reply 5188
Original post by Tomatochuckers
Well done on the offers and Cambridge interviews guys!
Just out of interest, I was wondering what aspect of economics interests you the most?

At the moment rationality is interesting for me!
Reply 5189
Original post by zaina94
Conditional offer from Bristol :biggrin:
Came exactly at 5

Same here! very excited..
Reply 5190
Original post by flask9

be brutally honest.

I think Leeds Birmingham Southampton and Sheffield will give you an offer. I got an offer from Leeds and on the acceptance letter it said it gave most people offers. I also got an offer from Bristol and my grades are very similar to yours except my predicted grades, so I think you have a fair chance as well.
GCSE: 4A* 6A
AS: AABB
Predicted: A*A*A
Reply 5191
Original post by Tateco
At the moment rationality is interesting for me!

So what are your thoughts on it? We are not rational after all? :smile:
Original post by zxh800
Right thanks. One last thing, how far into the A2 material are we expected to know? I'd expect the earlier parts of the units such as the Philips Curve and the theory of a firm stuff for sure but what about the others? I'd hate to be caught with my pants down, so to speak. But, the less material needed to cover means the more detail i can cover the material in.

Anything that you've covered so far and/or mentioned in your PS or SAQ (there used to be a question that asked for modules / topics, not sure if they still have it).
Reply 5193
Original post by Dat Guy
So what are your thoughts on it? We are not rational after all? :smile:

Not in the way textbooks assume (obviously), but I am interested in the extent to which we are rational :smile:
Bristol gave me an offer of A*AA. O_O
Reply 5195
got an interview at cambridge for econ :smile:
cambridge interview :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 5197
Original post by Abbyyyyyyy

Original post by Abbyyyyyyy
I got AAAA at AS and my predicted grades are A*A*A, and I'm doing AS FM as well. I put the grade I got in C1, C2 etc. but not the UMS on my actual UCAS.

I think it was within a few days. :smile:

What A-Level subjects are you doing if you don't mind? I'm currently doing four AS Levels but I'm not doing Further Maths. Did you pick up AS Further Maths in Y13?
Reply 5198
Original post by vinchenzo25
cambridge interview :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

congrats! what college?
Original post by phx
What A-Level subjects are you doing if you don't mind? I'm currently doing four AS Levels but I'm not doing Further Maths. Did you pick up AS Further Maths in Y13?

I did Maths, Psychology, French and English Lit at AS, and I'm now doing Maths, French and Psychology at A2 and picked up Further Maths as an AS too. :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending