The Student Room Group

I declared a U in my UCAS

Will this have an effect on my university application? I'm guessing it will. I applied for computer science and it is an AS level in psychology.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Depends on where you have applied, and what other subjects you are doing bud, giz moar info?

Edit: Well, the extent to how it will affect you, a U will never look good to a University haha.
Reply 2
You done goofed.
a U in psychology really?
even i got a B with one nights revision...
Reply 4
Original post by imsounacademic
a U in psychology really?
even i got a B with one nights revision...

I asked to be removed from all exams at the beginning and they didn't. I have 0 interest for the subject. It was a complete mistake lol :colondollar:
Reply 5
Original post by Maccees
Depends on where you have applied, and what other subjects you are doing bud, giz moar info?

Edit: Well, the extent to how it will affect you, a U will never look good to a University haha.

It did say I had to declare all my grades including Us or my application would be cancelled.
ohhh so you were meant to be dropped off the course?
tell the unis that then!
Reply 7
Original post by imsounacademic
ohhh so you were meant to be dropped off the course?
tell the unis that then!

Thanks, I will let all of them know first thing tomorrow morning. Let's hope I can get through to all 5.
Reply 8
Original post by Maccees

St Andrews
UCL
Bhirmingham
Southampton
Nottingham

I have:
AS Maths A
AS Further Maths B
AS Computing B

Predicted A*AA
sickkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk gradez.

bham will defo take you
Reply 10
I declared a U for my AS in Japanese and a fail for my other AS (I did 5) in iMedia (the course was badly delivered) and I've got 2 offers so far :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by CrazyMel
I declared a U for my AS in Japanese and a fail for my other AS (I did 5) in iMedia (the course was badly delivered) and I've got 2 offers so far :smile:

Thanks for the reassurance as I can't even sleep because I'm so worried about it. Can I ask which universities you applied to?
You should be fine, but for UCL, don't you need a pass in your 4th AS?
Reply 13
U-Cast

Hehe

I realise it's lame but I am finding it terribly funny atm.
Reply 14
Original post by QuantBrain
Thanks for the reassurance as I can't even sleep because I'm so worried about it. Can I ask which universities you applied to?

Yup!
I've applied to Bournemouth, Sussex, Glamorgan, Winchester and Lincoln.

Got offers from Sussex and Lincoln and interviews from Winchester and Glamorgan!

If I can get offers and I failed two of my AS' i'm sure you can with one :smile: And I dont think they'd pay too much attention to them, it just means that if they do it on points you might need higher grades for it. And you have a legit reason while you failed, mine is just that I was awful at the subject! D:
Reply 15
Original post by CrazyMel
Yup!
I've applied to Bournemouth, Sussex, Glamorgan, Winchester and Lincoln.

Got offers from Sussex and Lincoln and interviews from Winchester and Glamorgan!

If I can get offers and I failed two of my AS' i'm sure you can with one :smile: And I dont think they'd pay too much attention to them, it just means that if they do it on points you might need higher grades for it. And you have a legit reason while you failed, mine is just that I was awful at the subject! D:

Congratulations on your offers! I'll be sure to email them tomorrow :smile:
Reply 16
Original post by Kenan and Kel
You should be fine, but for UCL, don't you need a pass in your 4th AS?

I have a B and C in two further AS levels (Biology and Chemistry) :smile:
Reply 17
Original post by Einheri
You done goofed.

Consequences will never be the same.
Original post by QuantBrain
Will this have an effect on my university application? I'm guessing it will. I applied for computer science and it is an AS level in psychology.

Good for U! :smile:
Anything that's a U I didn't declare. I completely failed my first year of AS then changed subjects. I never mentioned it to UCAS, they seemed okay with it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending