The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tateco
I think most of the offers to the pool will be given out early next week, hardly any offers have been given out at all.

Good luck :biggrin:, at least you don't have another interview to contend with, that'd be awful, especially just before jan modules
Original post by Tateco
I think most of the offers to the pool will be given out early next week, hardly any offers have been given out at all.

They rarely do straight offer out of the pool for econ though, and looks like the most under subscribed colleges have given out interviews :frown: I definitely hope you are right though
Original post by lordvulture
nooo i highly doubt that TSR contains 10% of all the LSE applicants... if you look on the LSE applications thread, 10% of total applicants ( I don't know how many across all subjects, but it is far more than number of people talking on the thread... )

Whatever the percentage of total applicants on TSR, do you think it's likely to be representative? Don't fuss too much over what you see on here - it's a nerdfest (not that that's a bad thing).
Reply 7163
:banana2::cheers::danceboy::colondollar:
Reply 7164

Anyone got any direct offers/Rejections ?
I know one person got a rejection today from Trinity Hall.
Original post by MWM
Anyone got any direct offers/Rejections ?
I know one person got a rejection today from Trinity Hall.

its almost like the colleges do their rejections in turn... I wish my college is as efficient as these...
Reply 7166
Original post by lordvulture
They rarely do straight offer out of the pool for econ though, and looks like the most under subscribed colleges have given out interviews :frown: I definitely hope you are right though

that doesn't sound good for us internationals who won't get reinterviewed :frown:
Reply 7167
Original post by Dat Guy
:banana2::cheers::danceboy::colondollar:

You get in? :tongue:
Reply 7168
Original post by Tateco
You get in? :tongue:

Yes! :smile: I can't believe it...
Reply 7169
Original post by Dat Guy
Yes! :smile: I can't believe it...

Mind telling us who fished you ? Direct offer ?
Reply 7170
Original post by MWM
Mind telling us who fished you ? Direct offer ?

Yeah, I don't mind at all, but after you of course :h:
Reply 7171
Original post by Dat Guy

Oh right you got fished, didn't remember you got pooled, PM me with who it was :sexface: Congratulations, getting in through the pool must be the greatest achievement of all.
Reply 7172
Original post by Dat Guy

Good one :smile:
I will tell you that I got fished for a re-interview, did you get a direct offer ?
Reply 7173
Original post by Tateco
Oh right you got fished, didn't remember you got pooled, PM me with who it was :sexface: Congratulations, getting in through the pool must be the greatest achievement of all.

No I wasn't pooled, I got a direct offer. I just like it how MWM asks for other people's colleges but minds sharing his own. There's no free lunch, as we all know! :u:

Original post by MWM
Good one :smile:
I will tell you that I got fished for a re-interview, did you get a direct offer ?

Yes I know and I remember your initial college choice. I wish you the best of luck wherever the interview takes place.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 7174
Original post by Dat Guy
No I wasn't pooled, I got a direct offer. I just like it how MWM asks for other people's colleges but minds sharing his own. There's no free lunch, as we all know! :u:

Ah I thought you were still waiting to hear from your original college! I know, bit hypocritical :rolleyes:
Reply 7175
Original post by Tateco
Ah I thought you were still waiting to hear from your original college! I know, bit hypocritical :rolleyes:

They finally emailed me today. I honestly hope you get fished, it'd be nice to meet with as many economists as possible from here who are quite nice people (mostly :wink:)
Reply 7176
Original post by Dat Guy

Yes I know and I remember your initial college choice. I wish you the best of luck wherever the interview takes place.

I don't think anyone knows my initial college choice ? What do you think it is ?

I would be a hypocrite if I was to say "don't ask me about my college" because that is what I do to other people, I "ask".
In fact I choose not to tell people about my college and so I am not a hypocrite until I start "demanding" people tell me their college.
Reply 7177
Original post by MWM
I don't think anyone knows my initial college choice ? What do you think it is ?

I would be a hypocrite if I was to say "don't ask me about my college" because that is what I do to other people, I "ask".
In fact I choose not to tell people about my college and so I am not a hypocrite until I start "demanding" people tell me their college.

Oh come on, by asking someone you 'expect' them to tell you otherwise you wouldn't waste your time asking them, why should you expect someone to tell you their college choice when they don't expect you to tell them yours :pierre:
Reply 7178
Original post by Tateco
Oh come on, by asking someone you 'expect' them to tell you otherwise you wouldn't waste your time asking them, why should you expect someone to tell you their college choice when they don't expect you to tell them yours :pierre:

I don't see what the big fuss is about, I choose not to tell people by college because I don't want to, it may be that the other person doesn't mind telling theirs so I ask him, if they don't want to tell me then that's fine.
MWM, hinted at who (s)he got an interview from on the camb pool thread...just sayin

Latest

Trending

Trending