The Student Room Group

Is it just me, or does my boyfriend sound like he wants to break up?

So the other night we'd had a great date, and had been in the door a few mins when boyfriend started getting ready for bed. We usually always have sex when together because we're in an LDR at the moment, but he pretty much lay down and shut his eyes straight away. I wasn't ready to sleep yet (had taken sleeping pills, because I find sleeping there hard as he snores loudly) and needed time to wind down until they worked. I cuddled up to him and he was obviously still awake but with eyes closed, opened them at one point to see me obviously looking at him, smiling, but again he shut his eyes.

I asked if something was wrong, and he said no, he was just tired. Somehow this turned into an argument, with me asking if he was going to try something to stop the snoring because every time I stay over I have to take these tablets (and use earplugs) which often make me feel drowsy through to the next day. He said that he'd heard about people trying things to stop snoring and none of them had worked, and I was annoyed that he didn't even want to try as I always feel rubbish throughout the next day after sleeping over. Instead of taking in my point of view, he came out with something about how we clash, are just 'very diffferent' and he hadn't really thought about it til now.I was obviously very taken aback and quite hurt. I asked if he was breaking up with me, to which he said 'no, I'm just saying.'

He apologised for this before going to sleep, and the next day it wasn't mentioned. He said he was going out to get a key cut (so I could come and go when he wasn't there), to which I was very surprised. Later on, he came back from the shops with something to help him stop snoring. But...I still feel very hurt by what he said. He didn't sound happy in the relationship, which made me feel sad...and like there was no belief there. What to think?
Reply 1
Nahh it sounds to me like hes doing everything in his power to make up for the remark he made when he was tired :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by lluke_1992
Nahh it sounds to me like hes doing everything in his power to make up for the remark he made when he was tired :smile:

thanks, I hope you're right.

It just really cut to the bone hearing him say that, and it felt like he meant it. I want happiness for him, not for him to feel miserable in the relationship...
Reply 3
The other thing was that after a gig we went to the next day (after the key-cutting etc) he asked what I thought of the support band. We go to a lot of concerts together, and chatting about it after is normal. So I said I thought the support were okay, to which he responded 'I'll just go and see them myself next time then. I thought they were really good.' I felt completely shocked by this as he were just discussing opinions - I was like wtf, and he said 'I was just joking, calm down, it was a joke.' this just felt really bad, and not funny at all...the relationship has been so good, I honestly don't know whats going on.
if it's ruining your day so much why don't you just sleep in another room?
Reply 5
Original post by pinkmonkey3
if it's ruining your day so much why don't you just sleep in another room?

That's not really an option. He has his own room, and lives with flatmates.
Original post by Anonymous
That's not really an option. He has his own room, and lives with flatmates.

Ok, well try not to worry, he just said it cause he was annoyed - in the moment type thing.
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous
The other thing was that after a gig we went to the next day (after the key-cutting etc) he asked what I thought of the support band. We go to a lot of concerts together, and chatting about it after is normal. So I said I thought the support were okay, to which he responded 'I'll just go and see them myself next time then. I thought they were really good.' I felt completely shocked by this as he were just discussing opinions - I was like wtf, and he said 'I was just joking, calm down, it was a joke.' this just felt really bad, and not funny at all...the relationship has been so good, I honestly don't know whats going on.

Maybe you were being a tad too sensitive?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending