The Student Room Group

predicted grades help!!!

I just got my results for AS and im really concerned about maths. In C1 i got an A (88/100) in C2 i also got an A (80/100) but in S1 i had a really bad time and got a C (67/100) :frown:.

Overall this was a high B because i only needed 5 UMS to average 80UMS and get an A. I want to study economics at UCL or Warwick and NEED an A* in maths to get in. so I was wondering whether I could still be predicted an A* knowing that i got a high B, and that i can easily get an A in AS as i'll be resitting S1 in january and only need 73/100 UMS.

I honestly believe that i can get the A*, but i'd like to know whether it would be possible to be predicted an A* in maths with my grade. Thanks.
Original post by Hazard17
I just got my results for AS and im really concerned about maths. In C1 i got an A (88/100) in C2 i also got an A (80/100) but in S1 i had a really bad time and got a C (67/100) :frown:.

Overall this was a high B because i only needed 5 UMS to average 80UMS and get an A. I want to study economics at UCL or Warwick and NEED an A* in maths to get in. so I was wondering whether I could still be predicted an A* knowing that i got a high B, and that i can easily get an A in AS as i'll be resitting S1 in january and only need 73/100 UMS.

I honestly believe that i can get the A*, but i'd like to know whether it would be possible to be predicted an A* in maths with my grade. Thanks.

I think that it's entirely possible. Your proximity to the A means that this could happen, but you need to talk to your maths teacher and discuss this matter with them as we can only offer general advice whereas they'll be able to give you specific advice. All you can do is ask.
Reply 2
not sure if this is standard protocol in every school, but when it was predicted grades time at ours we simply spoke to our teachers and convinced them to predict what we needed. i'd say moving from a B to an A* is entirely possible based on what you got.
Reply 3
it really just depends on your teacher, as long as they don't have a huge dislike for you and are reasonable they could predict you the A* with a little persuasion and maybe sweets as a bribery :wink:
Original post by Mr. Saturn
not sure if this is standard protocol in every school, but when it was predicted grades time at ours we simply spoke to our teachers and convinced them to predict what we needed. i'd say moving from a B to an A* is entirely possible based on what you got.

Some schools may do so, but there are problems with doing so namely that if you get an offer which is based on predictions which reflect what you need rather than what you can achieve, you're setting yourself up for a fall later because you may not attain those high results.
Reply 5
thanks to guys im feeling much much better but you honestly think that i can be predicted an A* from a extremely high B in AS. I know i can get 90% in c3 and c4 if i put in the effort so let me know what you guys think. thanks :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending