The Student Room Group

Changes of application offer, is it possible?

I received an unsuccesfull from my number one university to study nursing.
I found their reasons ridiculous, i'am a mature student.
I understand that maths can be a problem, i was one mark off passing & they told me not to worry because if i have done well in other area's & they offer me a place, they will give me new maths test to sit & hope i pass that one.
Another reason they said is that i didn't know enough about the role of the nurse which if i'm honest i find a little unjust as i have been researching th be all & end all of nursing, the differences between community & hospital and i actually studied nursing 5years ago but had to leave due to personal reasons. I have close friends who are nurses and i have been doing research essays on school nursing & neo natal nursing.

So i emailed them about this & explained everything to them, about what i had been doing, volunteering on a paediatric ward, studying the access course & volunteering at scouts, i also explained about how i have been working & building up to this for 5years & also mentioned what i had been told during the interview about my maths test..

After a few emails back & forth the lady i had been emailing to has forwarded it all to the Child Nursing admissions tutor. Now i'm not quite sure what that means..
I feel she may have got a little shirty with me but then i explained what the course & the uni meant to me.. A LOT to say the least.

Does anyone have an idea?
And to not get my hopes up but is it actually possible for a university to change their mind?

Many Thanks.
Original post by RedheadDoll89
Another reason they said is that i didn't know enough about the role of the nurse which if i'm honest i find a little unjust as i have been researching th be all & end all of nursing, the differences between community & hospital and i actually studied nursing 5years ago but had to leave due to personal reasons. I have close friends who are nurses and i have been doing research essays on school nursing & neo natal nursing.

So i emailed them about this & explained everything to them, about what i had been doing, volunteering on a paediatric ward, studying the access course & volunteering at scouts, i also explained about how i have been working & building up to this for 5years & also mentioned what i had been told during the interview about my maths test..

Work experience is the main part of showing that you know about the role of a nurse. It may be that they felt you didn't have sufficient experience, or alternatively, perhaps you didn't convey that experience as well as you might in your personal statement and interview. Knowing about the role is one thing, but the decision about whether to give you an offer or not is based on how well you can get that knowledge across to the admissions tutor.

After a few emails back & forth the lady i had been emailing to has forwarded it all to the Child Nursing admissions tutor. Now i'm not quite sure what that means..
I feel she may have got a little shirty with me but then i explained what the course & the uni meant to me.. A LOT to say the least.

Does anyone have an idea?

Either that she thought it was worth being reconsidered, or simply that she's not in a position to give you a final answer either way.

And to not get my hopes up but is it actually possible for a university to change their mind?

Possible, yes, but it's very rare.
Reply 2
I did admit to them that I was nervous & did stumble my words a bit so only managed a couple things for each. Like before I explained how much it all meant to me & what I had been doing etc.. I even mentioned that during my interview but clearly being nervous doesn't matter to them.

I felt that they were being rather picky.

Thank you for replying.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending