The Student Room Group

Meeting up in a hotel tonight...advice?

3 months ago I got pregnant from a ONS, we've been texting since and he helped me though the abortion by phone calls and messaging, he wanted to go with me on the day but I wanted to do it alone.

It's been nearly a month gone and he's still texting daily. We've both admitted we like each other and don't want one another to get with anyone else. I felt it would be kind of awkward meeting in a bar after only seeing each other once and everything which happened, so I booked and payed for the hotel and this will be the second time we've seen each other... We've agreed it's either make or break.

I think sex is one the cards (protected of course), although I am on period and we've discussed it and he's a bit iffy because of it.

He's had sex with around 40 girls, I kind of want to distinguish myself and make more of a connection. He's seen about 7 pictures of me and obviously we were both drunk the night we met and it was 3 months ago, obviously the pictures I've sent are me at my best and worried he doesn't find me that attractive. Feeling a little self conscious because I'm on my period and have broken out in a 2 or 3 spots on my face, including a very dry red one right under my eye :redface:

Scroll to see replies

It's too awkward to go to a bar... yet you'll go to a hotel?
Erm maybe get a coffee and talk about it in day-light?

Rather than agree to instant sex and hope it all works out through pillow talk?
Reply 3
Original post by Knalchemist
It's too awkward to go to a bar... yet you'll go to a hotel?

It's just more private basically, after all which has happened I don't fancy meeting in the likes of a bar...
Reply 4
I can't think of one part of this that sounds like a good idea.
He's slept with over 40 people...

Distinguish yourself by not sleeping with him (again). Take it slow, you've already had a lot of experiences with this guy so just try and get to know each other properly.
I still don't understand your logic behind this. You said it's too awkward "after what happened" to meet in a bar... yet you'll meet him in a hotel room which could be MORE awkward. You don't even know him. It would be much better to meet, as Frantic said, in a coffee shop or something. That can still be private. Or go for a walk somewhere.

If you want to distinguish yourself - DONT SLEEP WITH HIM. You've pretty much made it clear that sex is on the cards. You already had a ONS with him, perhaps all he wants is sex? (He may say he wants more, but men, and women, will say anything to get what they want).

If you're seriously going to go ahead with this stupid plan, at least take protection.
(edited 11 years ago)
I still don't understand your logic behind this. You said it's too awkward "after what happened" to meet in a bar... yet you'll meet him in a hotel room which could be MORE awkward. You don't even know him. It would be much better to meet, as Frantic said, in a coffee shop or something. That can still be private. Or go for a walk somewhere.

If you want to distinguish yourself - DONT SLEEP WITH HIM. You've pretty much made it clear that sex is on the cards. You already had a ONS with him, perhaps all he wants is sex? (He may say he wants more, but men, and women, will say anything to get what they want).

If you're seriously going to go ahead with this stupid plan, at least take protection.

This.
Reply 8

Hmm. It might have been a bad idea after all, I feel like I know him more than I actually do, he's quite good friends with my ex off years ago and we've been texting for about 3 moths and the occasional phone calls. It's a pretty weird situation, the fact that we've both agreed not to get with anyone else too...
Original post by daisy136
Hmm. It might have been a bad idea after all, I feel like I know him more than I actually do, he's quite good friends with my ex off years ago and we've been texting for about 3 moths and the occasional phone calls. It's a pretty weird situation, the fact that we've both agreed not to get with anyone else too...

Our of curiosity, have you had an STI test since sleeping with him? He's slept with 40+ girls..... he might have something.
Reply 10
Recipe for disaster. No idea what is going through your head but it's a bad idea. Cut loose and find a decent lad.

He's had sex with around 40 girls...

mindblown.png

Why are you even entertaining the idea of being with guys like this?

Knowing damn well he does not care at all

smfh
He is only in it for the sex
Reply 13
Wtf are you going to do in a hotel other than ****? You do realize you might end up at some point in the hotel bar anyway...
Reply 14

Sounds like the whole thing is a mess... Presuming this isn't a troll thread, then I would definitely forget the whole thing
Reply 15
Our of curiosity, have you had an STI test since sleeping with him? He's slept with 40+ girls..... he might have something.

Nope. I probably should... He had one after me and didn't didn't have anything (that's why I haven't) he admitted he's had clamidia before.
I've already payed for the hotel and I'm looking forward to seeing him.
I think I like him far more than I should but in reality i dont think i would introduce him to my family (I've only ever had relationships a uni and haven't introduced any guy and I'm 21!), plus he's moving down the other end of the country to London in 3 months to become a banker!
Horses will always eat free grass. Perhaps meeting up with sex not being on the cards would be a better idea? I do wonder how meeting in a publlic place with potential distractions/talking points to stave off any awkwardness is more awkward than two people alone in a hotel room.

Of course, this might well be waht works for the pair of you but it seems like a bad idea from where I'm standing. In terms of advise, all I might suggest is meeting in the hotel bar, having a few drinks there and keep the option of the room open if you want to talk more privately (or be a little more intimate with eachother.
Nope. I probably should... He had one after me and didn't didn't have anything (that's why I haven't) he admitted he's had clamidia before.
I've already payed for the hotel and I'm looking forward to seeing him.
I think I like him far more than I should but in reality i dont think i would introduce him to my family (I've only ever had relationships a uni and haven't introduced any guy and I'm 21!), plus he's moving down the other end of the country to London in 3 months to become a banker!

Did they not offer you a sexual health screen before you had the termination?
(edited 11 years ago)
If a girl booked a hotel room I'd assume she was mainly interested in sex, even if she said otherwise.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending