The Student Room Group

Summer jobs 2013

I need a job from June to October before I go to university because I need something to do and the money would really help too, I already have a part time job on Sundays but there's only overtime going when someone's off sick (and there's only 7 of us so that doesn't happen often) I'd be interested in anything I'd possibly be able to do (retail, cafe, admin?) anyone know where do temporary jobs that would suit this or could I just get a full time job then quit in October? (I wouldn't use them as a reference anyway)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I needed one too, from July to September or from now til September but I can't find anything yet.
This is a thread for all discussions relating to summer jobs.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3
So frustrating, I've looked around but can't apply yet because they all want immediate start and I can't do it from now because of college, but it usually takes months to get a job.. Then the summer will be over :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
I'm going to wait until uni to get a job because there are none here, somehow all these year 10's keep getting hired over us college students (Probs cheaper labour under 18's). I can support myself currently from my online services and they should also increase once I move to Birmingham.
Reply 5
Yeah I'll get a permanent job when I go university, just need something for the summer too..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
HI guys....I'm currently 16 and i have my NI....i wanted to look for a summer job over the summer holidays as i have 10 weeks of holidays....i'm not to sure about where to apply and which company's give work for a few weeks.
I also live in london
PLEASE help me
Reply 7
Thank you
Original post by mic_3_3
HI guys....I'm currently 16 and i have my NI....i wanted to look for a summer job over the summer holidays as i have 10 weeks of holidays....i'm not to sure about where to apply and which company's give work for a few weeks.
I also live in london
PLEASE help me

Quite a few leisure centres (at least around were i live anyway) run play schemes etc in the summer, so it might be worth applying there.
Another option is mcdonalds. I work there- and they take on a lot of students. Like the person above said though, it might be worth not mentioning that you will only be there for such a short amount of time.
I'm also in need of a summer job to save up before uni :/ However I have the same problem, everywhere wants immediate start!
Original post by _anyawalsh
I need a job from June to October before I go to university because I need something to do and the money would really help too, I already have a part time job on Sundays but there's only overtime going when someone's off sick (and there's only 7 of us so that doesn't happen often) I'd be interested in anything I'd possibly be able to do (retail, cafe, admin?) anyone know where do temporary jobs that would suit this or could I just get a full time job then quit in October? (I wouldn't use them as a reference anyway)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Most leisure centres (at least round where i live anyway) run playschemes for kids in the summer. So it may be worth applying for that.
Reply 11
Not seen anything round my area:frown: I'll keep looking though, thanks:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
I can't find any as well!

I would love if anyone can recommend any agencies or anything like that in the Midlands area (Sandwell)
Is it just me or the jobs I find perfect for myself decline me straight away, what's up with that ??
Anyone know a summer job I could do as a graduate? As in just for the summer holidays?
Reply 14
Original post by Waterstorm
Anyone know a summer job I could do as a graduate? As in just for the summer holidays?

Go somewhere hot and pretty and work in a bar/restaurant for the summer in a very touristy area where they'll be wanting english speakers for the summer. The money's minimum wage but the cost of living eg in southern Spain is very cheap and you'll have a lot of fun if you go somewhere with plenty to do in your spare time (even if it's just a nice local beach and decent nightlife).
(edited 11 years ago)
Got a summer in between my undergrad and postgrad and really need some money! Really not sure how easy it is to find work but i'll take anything!
I'm 17 and in sixth form. No experience. I'm looking for part time work. Where should i look? Should i just hand CVs to everyone?
Reply 17
Original post by Pandabär
I've had/ still got one as a hotel receptionist. Just for the holidays- they need more staff over the summer due to more tourists.

£7.15 an hour for 3 months. :smile:

Where's the hotel?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Original post by SpenceC
If you're looking for a Summer Job, AlpJob.com have a whole bunch of them in Switzerland.

Good luck :smile:

I looked there, looking for within the UK and nothing suitable atm, but the opportunities for abroad next year look good:tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by _anyawalsh
Where's the hotel?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol sorry, but I don't want TSR people coming to visit me at work.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending