The Student Room Group

Can you apply through UCAS by yourself?

Hi! I graduated from high school (international) which had our own weird qualification but I am really interested at applying to UK colleges.

Only qualification which would satisfy me is American qualification (self study) with SAT+AP because I achieved almost perfect SAT score and 5s in AP. But I will apply through UCAS by myself because I'm out of high school.

Can I still do this? I mean how would reference letter work?

Thanks guys!
Reply 1
Original post by nirvana1234
Hi! I graduated from high school (international) which had our own weird qualification but I am really interested at applying to UK colleges.

Only qualification which would satisfy me is American qualification (self study) with SAT+AP because I achieved almost perfect SAT score and 5s in AP. But I will apply through UCAS by myself because I'm out of high school.

Can I still do this? I mean how would reference letter work?

Thanks guys!

You can apply independently - that's how mature students do it, but you will have to contact a member of staff from your old school who knew you and ask for a reference, because that's something you can't write yourself. They may also be able to look over your application :smile:
Reply 2
Your referee can be anyone who knows you in an academic/professional manner. I used my childcare manager at work, who was also my mentor when I did my childcare qualifications :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending