The Student Room Group

What is something that is widely known to your gender but not the other?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SpiggyTopes
I haven't got a clue what it is, it just looks like a couch to me!

What is it!?

It's not just any couch. It's THE couch :rolleyes:
Reply 301
Original post by TheBitchOf96
Can you explain to me what you do at urinals... like, do you just whip your d*cks out in front of everyone? Is this normal? Do you watch eachother? Your species is confusing...

OP: I'd say the thing females understand that males don't is WHY we go to the toilet together. We're normally just talking/gossiping about anything that we can't with everyone around. Also, half the time we just do it because it feels awkward to just walk in alone if there's other girls in there. It's complicated, almost like something that's just subconsciously right to us.

Don't lie. When I worked in my Student Union, I helped with some refurbishment work in the women's toilet. There was a double cubicle - i.e. a single cubicle with two toilet bowls, one next to the other. My only conclusion therefore is that women go to the toilet together in order to *literally* go to the toilet together.
Reply 302
Original post by mc1000
Don't lie. When I worked in my Student Union, I helped with some refurbishment work in the women's toilet. There was a double cubicle - i.e. a single cubicle with two toilet bowls, one next to the other. My only conclusion therefore is that women go to the toilet together in order to *literally* go to the toilet together.

Really? That is not a normal toilet...
Original post by danielnkwocha
It's not just any couch. It's THE couch :rolleyes:

WHICH couch!? :confused:
Original post by Mark85

55 seconds. Is that you?

Holy ****! Can't believe I actually recognised that. Only seen that one once - must have left an impression. Was pretty funny premise to be fair.

Spot on, that's exactly what I'm like.
WHICH couch!? :confused:

The couch specially designed for girls with low self esteem and daddy issues.

No bells ringing?
Reply 306
Original post by mc1000

We have a toilet cubicle like this at my uni - first time I saw it I was freaked out.
May of been mentioned, men always piss on the crapper seat and leave pubes to annoy others but hate it when we are desperate for poo and that's what we find!
Original post by Peaches & Cream
When you're on your period and you've been sitting down for ages, then when you stand up that little 'flood'. Oh my god, so horrible. :yucky:

I read every post before yours and that was the first one I had absolutely no idea about! :biggrin:
Original post by Kage

Plus, girls don't go into the cubicals together, so you are generally not showing as much at all :tongue:

You'd be surprised what happens on nights out....
Original post by HaQ_mAn_
EVERYONE w***s/ has w***ed

That's not actually true. I never **** because I don't have many nerves down there. And some people are asexual. Don't get me wrong, nothing wrong with ****ing, just sayin' not EVERYONE does it.
Original post by Alix23
It gets a little better every time. I shaved completely yesterday, and it's already pretty bad :frown:

If I do shave it now I just leave a few little hairs around the inside so they won't get all prickly when they start to grow back. Is there not some hair removal cream that you can use down there so they would grow back softer?
Reply 312
Original post by Alxndra
We have a toilet cubicle like this at my uni - first time I saw it I was freaked out.

Loughborough by any chance? :P
Original post by Rybee
All guys know what this is:

Hey! I'm a girl and I know what a casting couch is :tongue:
Original post by Alxndra
Guys thinking that girls pee out of their vagina when we have a separate hole for that... Don't know if it's commonly thought amongst all men, but definitely with exes and guy friends.

There's a separate hole!? :eek:
Original post by Kage
You could argue that girls know they are going to release a baby into the world. Generally a guy doesn't know he is going to get kicked in the balls before it actually happens.

Something I've wondered. If a guy decides he is going to pee, and starts to release, because the urethra is longer on a guy, it can take a few seconds to start to exit the body. It can be felt streaming through.

Does this happen with girls? Or because it is shorter before the exit, do you push and it just releases?

Very random I know, haha

One of th main differences between getting kicked in the balls and giving birth is that not only do you feel excruciating pain when giving birth, but you have to physically push something out of you. Which is extremely hard and exhausting. Stuff tears, other stuff comes out of you. You're there, all gross, legs open for all to see. I don't see how women can bare being in such a stressed, gross environment while suffering intensen pain and having to breathe rhythmically and squeeze the baby out. It's harder than being kicked in the balls, far more exhausting and far more traumatising. Girls would rather be hit down below than give birth. When both genders normally suffer pain they can just cry and lie on the floor/flail about...not so much with giving birth. So let the debate end there. :biggrin:
(edited 11 years ago)

It's just a bit higher. I discovered that when I was with an ex in the bathroom (she wasn't an ex at the time lol) and she peed and I was surprised about it.
Original post by Wilfred Little
Doubt it. I'm unshockable.

Okay, you asked for it:

Spoiler

(edited 11 years ago)

Yes, there is lol. :yep:

But a lot of guys didn't know about that, I don't think. It'd be awkward if someone tried entering through the pee hole. :facepalm:
Original post by eliza.anne
Yes, there is lol. :yep:

But a lot of guys didn't know about that, I don't think. It'd be awkward if someone tried entering through the pee hole. :facepalm:

I will not lie, I tried before knowing, but in my head said "that's just not right" and found the right way :facepalm2: I am not proud.

Quick Reply

Latest