The Student Room Group

Why do people who live in rural areas look different than those who live in the city?

I observed that people who live in my local village look different than those who live in the city. What I mean is that their skin and hair looks different. The have blonde/brown hair that looks like the kind of hair upper class people have. Their skin is pale with a sallow hue to it. The people in the cities have black hair and their faces are less defined. Imagine the chav look. It's difficult to explain what I mean but there's definitely something different genetically about the two groups.

In the poorer town next to me, the people are short and generally ugly due to interbreeding. I don't get why the people in the first village I mentioned look more attractive and upper class? You may not have noticed this because you probably as observant as I am.

People like this for example!

http://i.imgur.com/wEB4Qws.jpg
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Watch The Deliverence.
Original post by NessEB
Watch The Deliverence.

It's just Deliverance. There's no 'The' in the title. Yes, I have OCD.
Reply 3
Original post by Livingstone
It's just Deliverance. There's no 'The' in the title. Yes, I have OCD.

My bad!
Original post by NessEB
My bad!

It's kind of embarassing how pedantic I am lol.
Reply 5
You have the hair I'm alluding to provided that's you in your avatar. There's also variations upon that color too. I definitely want to meet a wife with those attributes I mention. Your points sound convincing and are along the lines of what I initially thought too.

Is it also true that interbreeding actually enhances the gene pool after a certain number of generations?
I've never noticed this. 'The chav look' is not something I've ever come across, you can dress like a chav but I don't see how natural features can be chav like.
I live in a very rural area and I'm not rich or posh or anything

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by Short Story Long
I've never noticed this. 'The chav look' is not something I've ever come across, you can dress like a chav but I don't see how natural features can be chav like.

I imagine he means the people who look like they would fit right in on Jeremy Kyle

Few teeth, crap hair, ratty face etc.
Reply 9
I fail to see how the colour ofsomeone's hair defines their class/social status? I’m from a city, but I havevarious family members who live in rural areas. I’ve observed the people there andyes they do look different (but still human). “Chav’s” are not assigned toeither rural or urban areas, in fact they are everywhere, and probably even inyour village. The fact that you have made this ridiculous assumption provesthat you have either lived a very sheltered life or you’re just uncultured. Isuggest you venture out more instead of making flawed judgments. Also! You havemade yourself and rural folk look incredibly ignorant, I feel sorry for thepeople who live in rural areas whoactually have common sense and are not prejudice.
The wealthier people tend to live in rural areas, whereas those in the inner city tend to be poorer. This is mainly due to the fact that those in the inner city are unemployed or unskilled, meaning that they have no regular source of income except the benefits they receive (which in my opinion are too low - yes I am a Labour supporter). Again, look at the houses of those in the inner city, it's mainly 19th century terraced housing, whereas in rural settlements the houses are generally larger, with larger gardens, driveways and garages...

Consider yourself lucky to be living in such an area. I for one live within a town.
Reply 11
Original post by TheStudent1289
The wealthier people tend to live in rural areas, whereas those in the inner city tend to be poorer. This is mainly due to the fact that those in the inner city are unemployed or unskilled, meaning that they have no regular source of income except the benefits they receive (which in my opinion are too low - yes I am a Labour supporter). Again, look at the houses of those in the inner city, it's mainly 19th century terraced housing, whereas in rural settlements the houses are generally larger, with larger gardens, driveways and garages...

Consider yourself lucky to be living in such an area. I for one live within a town.

I mean people who look like this:

Original post by kunoichi
I imagine he means the people who look like they would fit right in on Jeremy Kyle

Few teeth, crap hair, ratty face etc.

Yeah but its pretty obvious that most people in towns and cities don't look like that. He has made a massive over-generalisation.
Reply 13

People who look like this is what I mean!

Original post by Student#123
I mean people who look like this:

I live in a town and there are plenty of people who look like that.
Like this poster said, immigrants, once migrated into the country, tend to live in inner city due to the cheap terraced housing (as people usually migrate to the UK, being a developed country, for economic reasons).
Reply 16
Original post by Short Story Long
I live in a town and there are plenty of people who look like that.

Where do you live? I live in Derbyshire/Leicestershire border in a town called Ashby de la Zouch.
Reply 17

I actually live in a city not the inner part but it's still a city (London), regardless of where they are situated people all over the country claim benefits in rural areas too and they also have just as many unemployment and unskilled individuals as those in cities. It's just more publicised by the media when dealing with urban areas, hence the overgeneralisations. I understand where you are coming from, but cities also have large houses, large gardens ect.
Where do you live? I live in Derbyshire/Leicestershire border in a town called Ashby de la Zouch.

In Norfolk, where I live is not affluent but there is a mixed of people and looks. In the surrounding villages there is still a large mix of people. It's not that clear cut. There are also some very very rich villages but the people who go to my sixth form from their do not seem massively different and all have really dark hair. I'm sure there there is variation there too.
I observed that people who live in my local village look different than those who live in the city. What I mean is that their skin and hair looks different. The have blonde/brown hair that looks like the kind of hair upper class people have. Their skin is pale with a sallow hue to it. The people in the cities have black hair and their faces are less defined. Imagine the chav look. It's difficult to explain what I mean but there's definitely something different genetically about the two groups.

In the poorer town next to me, the people are short and generally ugly due to interbreeding. I don't get why the people in the first village I mentioned look more attractive and upper class? You may not have noticed this because you probably as observant as I am.

People like this for example!

It's certainly not genetic, and it would be inbreeding not interbreeding.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending