The Student Room Group

Final A-Level Grades -> University

I received an email from one of my university choices recently mentioning that I have to send them my final grades as soon as I receive them, below is the exact message...

"In order that we can confirm your place, it is essential that you provide your results as soon as you receive them. A photocopy is acceptable, but we will need to see your original results at or before enrolment. When you receive your results please use Track to view your application status. We will make every effort to place you on a course at the University should you fail to meet your conditional offer."

So do I send my grades via UCAS or do I have to post them? :confused:

BTW I googled but couldn't find anything directly relevant.
Reply 1
If you're doing A Levels then the exam boards send them directly to UCAS who send them to unis. It's essential that everything listed on your UCAS form is correct so check it now - if you list an exam you don't take they'll be expecting it and assume the exam boards have made a mistake which will delay confirming your offer. If you take an exam you don't list they'll not be able to forward it on correctly.

So don't assume it was correct when you applied - check it really is.

Then you need to take your certificates with you when you enrol.
Reply 2
They should be sent off automaticly... Anyway, I'd question the uni themselves about it.
Reply 3
Original post by Juno
If you're doing A Levels then the exam boards send them directly to UCAS who send them to unis. It's essential that everything listed on your UCAS form is correct so check it now - if you list an exam you don't take they'll be expecting it and assume the exam boards have made a mistake which will delay confirming your offer. If you take an exam you don't list they'll not be able to forward it on correctly.

So don't assume it was correct when you applied - check it really is.

Then you need to take your certificates with you when you enrol.

Thanks for clearing it up. I have one more question, when is the final student finance England deadline, is it end April or May?
Reply 4
Original post by SunTiger
Thanks for clearing it up. I have one more question, when is the final student finance England deadline, is it end April or May?

Well, you can apply up to 9 months after the course starts, although if you do that you won't get your finding at the start of the year. If you're a new student (you are) then you need to apple by 31 May if you want to guarantee your loan arriving on time.
Reply 5
Original post by Juno
Well, you can apply up to 9 months after the course starts, although if you do that you won't get your finding at the start of the year. If you're a new student (you are) then you need to apple by 31 May if you want to guarantee your loan arriving on time.

Thank you! I thought it was 28th April (don't know why...:colondollar:) but thanks again! :cool:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending