The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 300
Original post by YGurung
How am I racist?

Is it because I wrote 'Why must you British always moan'?
If you think that is racist then you need to go find yourself a dictionary, because that is far from racist.

By the way, I consider myself to be British, so does that mean I am being racist towards myself?

Your comment about the British always moaning (how you think this a specifically British complaint I have no idea), together with your comments about white British people being too lazy to get jobs and your suggestions that immigrants are somehow superior to them by virtue of them having better luck at getting jobs (according to you; this has still not been established as actually happening), led me to think you had a discriminatory attitude towards the British working class. Then you chirped up about your family earning 'well below' the national average as a retort to that suggestion, which I can only take as meaning you're suggesting you don't have a problem with the working class as a whole. So you must only generalise and be discriminatory about white British members of the working class - hence you're simply a racist and/or a very specific xenophobe.
Reply 301
Original post by de_monies
And that most of the world is actually caucasian so even IF "white" people died out, they wouldn't as caucasians (ie: most of the world) would naturally turn white after thousands of years, due to the cold climate, so if any thing I really wouldn't be surprised if my great, great, great ......... great grandson is completely white.

Nor would I be surprised if the descendents of white Australians today aren't black in thousands of years time

No they're not, most of the world's population is Asian.......
Original post by Kiss

Biologically, I am as Caucasion as you are apparently:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caucasian_race
Original post by Kiss

Caucasian is the shape of your skull, not your skin colour. There are caucasians in asia too. If you took a middle eastern or south asian person and turned their skin white and changed their hair colour, they would look white. If you did the same with an African/east asian they still wouldn't look white because their skull shape is different
(edited 10 years ago)
'Humanity is African. Even if not black, truth can be painful, shh better stop that' - Akala
Original post by thesabbath
If you're white British you're advocating the gradual genocide of your own race.

If you are not white British you are not in a position to patronize those who care about their nation and its people.

One of the most ridiculous statements I have ever read on The Student Room and that is an achievement.

I'm 'white British'. Since when does being 'white British' mean that I care more about our nation than any other British citizen? You seriously need to get out more and meet a few more people before you make judgements like that.

What do you mean by "its people"?. It's like you're trying to insinuate that that white British is above any other kind of British.

Seriously, grow up!
Reply 306
Original post by de_monies
Biologically, I am as Caucasion as you are apparently:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caucasian_race

Original post by Theoneoranro
Caucasian is the shape of your skull, not your skin colour. There are caucasians in asia too. If you took a middle eastern or south asian person and turned their skin white and changed their hair colour, they would look white. If you did the same with an African/east asian they still wouldn't look white because their skull shape is different

Well I'll be under the impression that we're discussing skin colour since we're on a thread with 'White British pupils' in the title.
Original post by thesabbath
for highlighting the truth, that white British children are fast becoming a minority in regions of their own country? why do you hate white people so much that you celebrate their ethnic replacement?

Fast becoming a minority?! It's a fraction of schools within this country, and it'll take a very long time for white british to become a minority. I don't hate white people, not do I celebrate 'ethnic replacement', I celebrate diversity.
Original post by Kiss
Well I'll be under the impression that we're discussing skin colour since we're on a thread with 'White British pupils' in the title.

Ah I was more referring to the biological term. Considering that "thesabbath" was suggesting that the white race would be wiped out, I made the point that as long as caucasions (biological definition, not social definition) continue to exist, then the white race would not cease to exist

We only really have a problem if every single caucasion is wiped out (Unless of course mongoloid and negroid's become more common, and populate the Earth)

BTW,I'd like to point out that "negroid" and "mongoloid" may sound like racist terms, but really that's what people of mongolian and black descent are called biologically:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Negroid
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mongoloid

I guess "Congoid" sounds a bit better, as "Negroid" sounds quite close to the n word. Any way, I've gone off on a little tangent
I wonder what happened to the original natives of this island... :rolleyes:
Original post by Izzyeviel
I wonder what happened to the original natives of this island... :rolleyes:

Tough question. I mean there weren't any Viking invasions were there? I thought they left the UK alone? :biggrin: (/sarcasm)
Reply 311
Original post by Steevee
This issue does highlight the some of the problems with integration and ghettoisation in certain urban areas. You've got to ask if it really is 'multiculturalism' if one or two cultural groups simply exist in an area with no others. I'm not saying it's all voluntary, but perhaps we need to think about how social housing and such work in areas like Leeds, Bradford, parts of Birmingham and Tower Hamlets.

I agree, both 'sides' of the wider communities need to work together to reduce segregation. I'm against multicultularism and the melting pot theory but I am for certain types of integration.

Also I found this quite interesting when I watched it a few years back... It was on the BBC about the forced mixing of some kids. Basically some white people from a 90% white school were invited to go to a 90% aisan school, and some asian when to the white school. The reporters asked those to put their hand up if they were worried the people would damage like the dyanamic of the school and more white people put their hand up in the white school, than the asians did.

I think it shows two key things, either Asian people have a tendency to be disruptive and are perceived to exert negative energy OR the White people are less willing to mingle. Or most likely a mixture of the two coming from both parties.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 312
Who cares if someone is white or black or Asian? Unless you want to "preserve British culture" or somesuch rubbish (which really doesn't make sense in a racial context anyway), then there is no rationale for being upset- unless you feel that the immigrants will ruin the perfection of Middle England, which never has and never will exist. Just accept that things change. I'm not a fan of multiculturalism, as it seems somewhat segregationist, but I have nothing wrong with our culture changing because of immigration. It's happened time and time again over the last few thousand years- the only difference this time is that it isn't caused by an invading army, and often comes from further afield.
Original post by Tufto
Who cares if someone is white or black or Asian? Unless you want to "preserve British culture" or somesuch rubbish (which really doesn't make sense in a racial context anyway), then there is no rationale for being upset- unless you feel that the immigrants will ruin the perfection of Middle England, which never has and never will exist. Just accept that things change. I'm not a fan of multiculturalism, as it seems somewhat segregationist, but I have nothing wrong with our culture changing because of immigration. It's happened time and time again over the last few thousand years- the only difference this time is that it isn't caused by an invading army, and often comes from further afield.

The problem is no one in the school even spoke English. Has nothing to do with race.

This will make it a lot more difficult for them to integrate, by that, I mean learn English.
Original post by democracyforum
The problem is no one in the school even spoke English. Has nothing to do with race.

This will make it a lot more difficult for them to integrate, by that, I mean learn English.

Proof?

You still didn't answer back from earlier.

I guess you had nothing to say!
God damn it those people have invaded our schools what ever shall we do?! restart conscription and go in with a mortar?
Racist comments on the DM aside, I do actually feel bad for the teachers in those schools. I tutored last year in a school where a significant portion of the kids had English as a second language and it does make things tough. I think if that report highlights anything, it's the need for high levels of support in those sorts of schools, and for the families as well. A friend of mine's mother worked as an English teacher for adult immigrants, but lost her job because of cuts. You can't bitch about immigrant families not integrating whilst cutting the means for them to do so.

As for the whole "British culture" thing, what absolute bull****. Culture is not a static thing, our culture is not the same now as it was 100 years ago, let alone further back. I don't think you should be allowed to complain about it unless you spend all your time morris dancing and have never eaten a curry.
And?
Reply 319

Oh. I guess I need to stop skimming :tongue:

That is somewhat different. My apologies.

Latest

Trending

Trending