The Student Room Group

Do girls prefer taller guys?

I'm 6'4 and I've always been curious as to whether girls do indeed prefer taller guys over more average guys.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Generally tall girls preferably go for taller guys but my shorter friends don't seem to have a problem with going for guys who are the same height as them..

but still: personality is key :smile:
Reply 2
Statistically they will find taller guys more attractive.

im 6'3 and well.. what can i say :cool:

STATS : http://www.eharmony.com/dating-advice/dating/why-do-women-all-seem-to-want-taller-men/
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 3
Not this again we've been through the same topics several times.

Some girls dig taller guys whilst others don't it's mainly preference.

Looks and personality matter more to most girls.
I think six foot+ and you are in the money.

I'm 6'3 and get more luck than my smaller friends, even though they are better looking.
Reply 5
I've been attracted to guys shorter than me. :dontknow: There are a lot of factors more important than height to me personally :redface:
Yes, I'm sure most of them would prefer someone who's 6'1 rather than someone who's 5'6. Doesn't mean that it's the only thing that matters though :rolleyes:.
I'd say so yeah, but I'm speaking as a 5'10" girl and as I've always been quite a bit taller than a lot of guys I do tend to find very tall men attractive :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think its a positive attribute, but by no means the be all and end all. I do feel that if I wasn't 6'4 i'd have far less success with women though.
I would say that generally yes they do taller guys seem to get a lot more action than shorter ones.
Reply 10
obviously generally most prefer taller guys. to them tall is more attractive and also to many it will just look better visually with a tall guy then with a short guy. some also think tall guys will protect them better. then theres no secret many short guys have small man syndrome with a chip on their shoulder and so they compensate by doing certain things including being obnoxious which many girl probly take note of.
Well personally I like taller boys. Obviously I should add the usual "It's a matter of personal taste blah di blah."
Reply 12
It depends on the girl, but generally being taller (6ft+) is definitely a positive thing. Obviously personality is most important and I know a lot of guys who are sensitive about height. I personally do prefer tall guys. :yep:
Original post by Jamesnorniron
I'm 6'4 and I've always been curious as to whether girls do indeed prefer taller guys over more average guys.

Yes, yes and yes.

I've tried dating a guy shorter than me (I'm 5'7/5'8) and I just couldn't get over that he was shorter than me. I like to feel protected and having a shorter guy doesn't cut it. Also, I like to wear heels on a night out so having a taller guy is so much better! :P

6 shorter men on tsr...

15 short guys on tsr.

It's just my opinion like how a man probably wouldn't want to go out with me if I weighed 20 stone. I just don't fancy nor feel comfortable with short guys..
(edited 10 years ago)
Definitely for me, I'm around 5"9 and I go for taller guys without thinking about it. If I really got to know someone first though I wouldn't mind them being the same height but definitely not shorter because I'd feel bad always looking down!
Reply 15
I was actually having this discussion with some friends earlier and realised I've never dated anyone who's under 6ft. So personally, yes, but it totally depends on the girl. I'd say that you would definitely never be at a disadvantage being tall though...
Well I'm really short (5ft :colondollar:) so I prefer someone a little taller but not so tall that it's awkward.

I mean, I don't want to reach UP to hold his hand. . :colonhash:
Reply 17
Original post by eliza.anne
I've been attracted to guys shorter than me. :dontknow: There are a lot of factors more important than height to me personally :redface:

69?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18

What does that have to do with my comment? :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
Original post by eliza.anne
What does that have to do with my comment? :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same height benefit :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply