The Student Room Group

Do girls prefer taller guys?

Scroll to see replies

Yeah you guys are getting so cut up about this height thing. How do you think we feel when you say you want a girl with big ass, big tits, green/blue eyes and long perfect hair..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by James A
Any girl 5'11, is my criteria.

Your preference is any girl more than or equal to 5'11" ? Dont think many of them exist mate..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hasumi-Yamanaka
Your preference is any girl more than or equal to 5'11" ? Dont think many of them exist mate..

Posted from TSR Mobile

The sign should have been the other way round, I just realised now.
Yeah you guys are getting so cut up about this height thing. How do you think we feel when you say you want a girl with big ass, big tits, green/blue eyes and long perfect hair..

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do 60% of guys say they would refuse to date a girl with "tits below a certain size"? I certainly don't think so.

Things like eye colour, breast size are preferences. Just like females have preferences for facial appearance, body shape etc in guys. However, when it comes to height specifically, females have requirements, not preferences, "height cutoffs" whereby they refuse to date a guy unless he is a certain height.

Have you EVER heard a guy say "I would date her, but her breasts are too small". I certainly haven't. But I've heard a lot of girls say they'd never date a guy who is smaller than her. In fact, I'm almost certain most girls think this, just read the responses in this thread - plenty say that.

Indeed, 60% of girls did say they would refuse to date a guy shorter than them, regardless of his other attributes. ((http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/poll.php?do=showresults&pollid=25657))

The 2 examples in your post aren't comparable at all.
Reply 64
If it's about pure physical attraction-
To guys taller than me. I'm only 5'7", so that's fine. But again, someone that complements me, I'm not looking for someone giving competition to a tree.

But again, height isn't the only criteria. Guys are so much more attractive when they are challenging :biggrin:
Reply 65
Original post by Black Cat
Interesting finally someone who has a different opinion on taller men, may I ask how tall you are?

5 foot 5.

I really don't get the height fascination, why would having an extra few inches make you all that more attractive?!
Original post by Anonymous
Do 60% of guys say they would refuse to date a girl with "tits below a certain size"? I certainly don't think so.

Things like eye colour, breast size are preferences. Just like females have preferences for facial appearance, body shape etc in guys. However, when it comes to height specifically, females have requirements, not preferences, "height cutoffs" whereby they refuse to date a guy unless he is a certain height.

Have you EVER heard a guy say "I would date her, but her breasts are too small". I certainly haven't. But I've heard a lot of girls say they'd never date a guy who is smaller than her. In fact, I'm almost certain most girls think this, just read the responses in this thread - plenty say that.

Indeed, 60% of girls did say they would refuse to date a guy shorter than them, regardless of his other attributes. ((http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/poll.php?do=showresults&pollid=25657))

The 2 examples in your post aren't comparable at all.

Ok.. I see your point, i think its something deeply engrained in our society that a man needs to the protector of the woman and therefore should be at least the same height, if shorter they are "effeminate" or "weak" .. But of course we are much more open minded these days about societal norms and such, so people are breaking conventions. Im 5'3" so most guys are taller than me anyway, but i guess i do have this height "cut-off" thing.. 5'7" is probably my limit, but i mainly go for guys that are >6' thats just my preference. However a notable example of people who break this rule is jamie cullum and sophie dahl, i think theyre a cute couple, and jamie is really hot and talented so i wouldnt mind dating him even if hes like 5'5"!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think its also to do with the fact the society perpetuates that idea that its funny when a guy is shorter than a girl, if i went out with a guy who was shorter or my height, we would constantly be commented on by people or looked at in the street. My boyfriend might be teased by other boys "innocently" but the eroding affect on his self esteem might make me feel upset too. Its a sad truth, but people dont want to be put in positions where they have to justify their "unorthodox" choices on a daily basis.. It kind of grates on you. People just dont want to go through that hassle.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 68
I think its also to do with the fact the society perpetuates that idea that its funny when a guy is shorter than a girl, if i went out with a guy who was shorter or my height, we would constantly be commented on by people or looked at in the street. My boyfriend might be teased by other boys "innocently" but the eroding affect on his self esteem might make me feel upset too. Its a sad truth, but people dont want to be put in positions where they have to justify their "unorthodox" choices on a daily basis.. It kind of grates on you. People just dont want to go through that hassle.

Posted from TSR Mobile

yes your right and theres nothing wrong in preferring taller guys. infact its natural based on biological reasons and also it looks better visually with the guy taller. everyone discriminates in choice of partner for some reason and this is not a shallow reason which is what many short guys imply by bringing it up. they themselves will have preferences too.
Original post by pandabird
5 foot 5.

I really don't get the height fascination, why would having an extra few inches make you all that more attractive?!

I know it's the mentality most girls have these days it's something that the media has instilled in most of us by producing these hollywood movies with romantic scenes girl standing on her tip toes to kiss the guy.

They also talk about the sense of protection taller men who look more intimidating compared to smaller men.
Reply 70
It's not the only thing that attracts me to a guy but generally I do prefer a guy to be taller than me. Not sure why exactly, part of it is probably due to the fact that society sees it as odd if a guy is shorter, feel safer with taller guys, I guess that's kind of an evolutionary thing. If I like a guy then his height is irrelevant, just at first impressions I would generally go for a taller guy.
Original post by Foo.mp3
Afraid so, up to a point. In my humble estimation it's better to be reasonably tall and carry yourself well than an oafish/lanky giant however. 5'10-6'2 is probably optimal, generally speaking. The most important thing is that you're tall relative to the lass, and, ideally, tall, or of a similar height, relative to their (male) peers :holmes:

To be fair, most of those attributes (or proxies e.g. a fine ass need not necessarily be a 'big' ass) are attainable for most women (albeit with surgery in some cases), whereas short-ass guys are simply doomed to be short, poor sods :frown:

Untrue! Theres surgery in russia in which you pay £70k to get your legs broken and slowly pulled apart whilst they heal, after 6 months of being bed ridden in hospital you could grow an extra 6" max, which is loads! Then you undergo a year of physiotherapy.. Still it could be very life changing for some

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 72
Nominally, I do prefer taller guys. But about a week or so ago, I met a guy whose confidence blew me away to the point where his height really did not matter at all to me. He was 5ft 6". He was not my type but his height was not the reason I was put off.

My most recent kiss was with a 6ft 2" bloke and I thought his height was kind of ideal. But I'm not fussed, as long as I find the man attractive. Sometimes I do feel more naturally attracted to taller men though because I am used to being around tall guys.
Untrue! Theres surgery in russia in which you pay £70k to get your legs broken and slowly pulled apart whilst they heal, after 6 months of being bed ridden in hospital you could grow an extra 6" max, which is loads! Then you undergo a year of physiotherapy.. Still it could be very life changing for some

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, and what guy in their right mind would go through surgery like that?

If you're short, you're just screwed.
Original post by Strawberrycayk
Well I'm really short (5ft :colondollar:) so I prefer someone a little taller but not so tall that it's awkward.

I mean, I don't want to reach UP to hold his hand. . :colonhash:

Exactly this! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Strawberrycayk
Well I'm really short (5ft :colondollar:) so I prefer someone a little taller but not so tall that it's awkward.

I mean, I don't want to reach UP to hold his hand. . :colonhash:

Why, hello there :sexface:

Although I'm 5'11, I don't supposed I'm too tall for you?
I don't
Reply 77
I prefer guys who are tall enough for ne to wear heels and myself still be shorter. I am 5'7" so >6' but I can't say I would avoid a shorter guy you can't chose how tall guys are going to be to be of a nice personality.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mathperson
Damn as a guy I'm sick of seeing such threads. Just get to know a girl, if she likes you then she likes you if not then sorry - She isn't going to ask you to fill in a CV where you have to put your heigh, eye colour, etc.

Relax.

Small man syndrome!
Judging from comments in previous similar threads, I think it is very clear that the vast majority of girls do like tall men...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending