The Student Room Group

Motorbike Society- IV

Scroll to see replies

Another question - how does the CBT work? Is it a one day training?

Posted from TSR Mobile
What bike is it exactly?

CBT is basically one day of training which involves some basic maneuvering (normally in a car park or some such), talks about safety etc and then a road ride around the local area.

If all is well, you get your certificate.
*grumble grumble* offering me £1700 in installments.. *grumble grumble*
Original post by Bathwiggle
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/group.php?groupid=330

Then poke martin about adding you. He normally forgets. Any pics of your Tiger?

I edited it so people are automatically accepted. :biggrin:

Original post by ScottScott
Excellent, I have done that!

Certainly do!

Had her for about 2 years now.

upload1.jpg
upload2.jpg

'Tis the black one.

Niiiice bike. :biggrin:

You ever go adventure riding./offroading on it?

Original post by JC.
They've gone up a lot lately.
I bought my Kevlar lined RST jeans 2 years ago for 60 quid when such things weren't very popular. Same shop asking nearly £150 for them now!

I paid £100 for Daggins 6 years ago but they went up in price so bought £100 Hood Jeans last year when i replaced them.

Draggins were good quality and survived a 50mph crash but the flies broke after a year ish. I did gain weight which may not have helped. :wink:

Yeh, I noticed the vast increase in price.
I have seen some cheaper ones around but Draggin Jeans do seem to command a higher price.

Draggins are the highest quality apparently and they do have more styles and look more like normal clothes and have nicer looks.

Original post by Mr Advice
Is 12,000 a lot of miles for a 50cc bike?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Depends on the age tbh. What are the exact details of the bike?

My 50cc bike had done around that but over 10 years it wasn't much.

Original post by Chilledice
*grumble grumble* offering me £1700 in installments.. *grumble grumble*

Keep waiting bro and you'll get that lumpsum.
Thanks! Been on a couple of gravely green lanes, but nothing really true off-road, which is why I bought the road-biased one instead of the XC.

I do rate Draggins though. I always find that jeans tend to flap about too much though while I am at higher speeds and start riding up my leg, which is irritating!

What do you ride?
Thanks! Been on a couple of gravely green lanes, but nothing really true off-road, which is why I bought the road-biased one instead of the XC.

I do rate Draggins though. I always find that jeans tend to flap about too much though while I am at higher speeds and start riding up my leg, which is irritating!

What do you ride?

I ride a Fazer 600 primarily but have also got a CRF230 for greenlaning and enduro racing.

Also used a KTM LC4 before which was lovely on a green laning trip to spain a few years back.

My dad has an 1100GS and is very into adventure riding.

You should offroad more. It's great fun and the tigers are great bikes for it.

I never noticed jeans riding up as boots cover the bottom and the top is tight as i have big thighs.
Maybe I'll have to look into getting a new pair, mine are pretty old and ragged.

I'm going to be heading out next summer to europe I think so I'll hopefully head out and do a bit of green laning before that, been really wanting to do some.

You got any trips lined up at all?
Reply 27

What do you ride?

Tuck 'em in your boots.
You don't get a cold leg that way. :wink:
Maybe I'll have to look into getting a new pair, mine are pretty old and ragged.

I'm going to be heading out next summer to europe I think so I'll hopefully head out and do a bit of green laning before that, been really wanting to do some.

You got any trips lined up at all?

You definitely should hit up some green laning. You'll be surprised how many places there are all over the country to go.

I have no trips lined up tbh. :frown:

Was considering a European break at some point to maybe encompass a motogp round but the gf doesn't ride or want to be a passenger so we'd probably fly anywhere we went.(She's awesome in many other ways though)
Reply 29
Excellent, I have done that!

Certainly do!

Had her for about 2 years now.

'Tis the black one.

Pretty!

What do you ride?

Tuck them into your boots is my normal option.

Original post by Motorbiker
You definitely should hit up some green laning. You'll be surprised how many places there are all over the country to go.

I have no trips lined up tbh. :frown:

Was considering a European break at some point to maybe encompass a motogp round but the gf doesn't ride or want to be a passenger so we'd probably fly anywhere we went.(She's awesome in many other ways though)

It's better when they don't ride, means you get a chance to go out by yourself, and they can't complain about your speed!

300+miles yesterday round the peak district as i wanted to show fall3n snake pass. It's been ages since we've just gone somewhere, AND europe in a month and 1 day! :woo:
Reply 30
Adding to the jeans comment - I've just bought 2 pairs of Sartso's for £75 each. But that's because I got someone in America to buy them for me and ship them....

I like yours tiger, I think that is also what my uncle went out and bought after parting with his 929 blade.
Reply 31
Original post by Bathwiggle

It's better when they don't ride, means you get a chance to go out by yourself, and they can't complain about your speed!

Nic and I ride out together. Lots of fun.
I don't see why anyone would complain about your speed - not unless you're one of those idiots that does 100mph+ everywhere.
Reply 32
Original post by JC.
Nic and I ride out together. Lots of fun.
I don't see why anyone would complain about your speed - not unless you're one of those idiots that does 100mph+ everywhere.

I've had pillions complain that 50 is too fast!
Reply 33
Original post by Mr Advice
Is 12,000 a lot of miles for a 50cc bike?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Jesus Christ... I can't even imagine how... I mean, maybe not? I don't know anything, I just know I wouldn't want to do 12,000 miles on a 50cc bike. How old is it?
Reply 34
Original post by Talya

How's stuff going with that accident with the pedestrian you had btw?
Reply 35
Original post by Maccees
How's stuff going with that accident with the pedestrian you had btw?

Haven't heard anything. The police were clear they weren't going to pursue it (even though I think the bloke wanted to!) my insurance says if he contacts them then they'll contact me.
ive got shiny new downpipes on my bike, now i wont get an asbo just for warming up my bike :tongue:

next new thing for phyllis, a scott oiler type of thing, any recomendations on which one i want, cant remember the one people were talking about a while ago, or if its any good?
Reply 37
Original post by Talya
Haven't heard anything. The police were clear they weren't going to pursue it (even though I think the bloke wanted to!) my insurance says if he contacts them then they'll contact me.

Ah good stuff, thought it was an ongoing issue is all :smile:
Original post by Boristhethird
ive got shiny new downpipes on my bike, now i wont get an asbo just for warming up my bike :tongue:

next new thing for phyllis, a scott oiler type of thing, any recomendations on which one i want, cant remember the one people were talking about a while ago, or if its any good?

I've got the E-system Scotoiler and I can recommend that, its pretty useful with the electronic display.
I had the V-system before, which is the plain old vacuum system and that worked well too.

Depends how much cash you have!
Reply 39
Just a heads up - prolly selling the SV when I return from the Pyrenees on it. If anyone is interested and wants details let me know.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending