The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

University of Sheffield Accommodation?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by dark-blue
When's the deadline for applying for accommodation to ensure you get a room? And is everyone guaranteed one or only Firmers?

You can apply now, but no one gets a room allocated until mid/late July (for unconditional offers) or results day (for conditional offers). AFAIK, only firmers have a guarantee of a place in halls.
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Got offered Crescent Flats in Endcliffe Village... pleased :smile:
Reply 42
Me too! I was delighted and it has got me really excited for September :biggrin:
Reply 43
Original post by RebekahGrassby
Got offered Crescent Flats in Endcliffe Village... pleased :smile:

Original post by jinxamor
Me too! I was delighted and it has got me really excited for September :biggrin:

What flat number are you both? I'm in Crescent flats flat 20 :smile:
Reply 44
Original post by AmberR1
What flat number are you both? I'm in Crescent flats flat 20 :smile:

I'm in flat 5 :biggrin:
anyone looking for accommodation on west street in second third or 4th year there is a flat called "apartment 9 regents terrace" through a letting shop called "home accommodation" in broomhill the flat is lovely and spacious there are 3 of us already and looking for 4 more people to join the flat
if you have a look around it or sign for it please state that sarah osman recommended it thanks
any questions about the flat text me on 07950390191 :smile:
sarah! xx:smile:
Reply 46
Anyone in Howden? I'm in B3 :smile:

So excited now!!

Beth
Hello Turty,

I hope your research into accomdoation is going well. Just incase you haven't had a look at this yet, here is a link to the official university web pages on our award winning student villages: http://www.sheffield.ac.uk/accommodation/prospective

From here you should be able to find out plenty of background, maps and a virtual tour, along with some of the finor details and FAQ's.

All the best.
Reply 48
Original post by jinxamor
I'm in flat 5 :biggrin:

Have you joined the facebook group for crescent flats ?
Reply 49
Crescent flats eh guys? I've applied for en suite self catered at endcliffe. Any idea how many en suite rooms in a flat?
Reply 50
Original post by Huntx
Crescent flats eh guys? I've applied for en suite self catered at endcliffe. Any idea how many en suite rooms in a flat?

It depends what block of flats you are placed in. I think most flats have between 5-10 people in.
Reply 51
Original post by savage903
Have you joined the facebook group for crescent flats ?
I didn't know there was one, I've just requested to join :smile:
Reply 52
10?? Oh no to much sex sound.
Reply 53
I received an offer for Endcliffe Vale Flats, Flat 12 yesterday. Anyone else in these flats? :smile:

Going to phone the accommodation office tomorrow to see if I can change it. I asked to be put in the Crescent Flats, so a little disappointed. Endcliffe Vale Flats look nice enough, I just prefer the look of the area around Crescent Flats, like that it's tucked away and that each flat houses slightly less people.

Does anyone know which floor flat 12 is on? Because it's a flat with a shared bathroom, are all flats single sex? :/
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 54
Hello everyone,

I am an international student who will starting my Postgraduate program in the University of Sheffield this September. I am trying to book my accommodation now, however, I am facing difficulty because I am not in the UK to view the apartments. Agents are not accepting to let me any apartment without viewing and I have no one in Sheffield at the moment to view on my behalf. All the accommodations I liked are being removed off the market every day. I am afraid that I will be left with no accommodation when I arrive. Can anyone help me and advise if there are contractors or some sort of assistance providing where I can hire or find someone to view an accommodation for me ? And what are my chances of finding comfortable and good accommodation if I leave it until September when I arrive for my program ?

Moreover, the university accommodation I would be offered is in Ranmoor Village, which is too far from my building.

Appreciate your assistance.
Original post by SAM24
Hello everyone,

I am an international student who will starting my Postgraduate program in the University of Sheffield this September. I am trying to book my accommodation now, however, I am facing difficulty because I am not in the UK to view the apartments. Agents are not accepting to let me any apartment without viewing and I have no one in Sheffield at the moment to view on my behalf. All the accommodations I liked are being removed off the market every day. I am afraid that I will be left with no accommodation when I arrive. Can anyone help me and advise if there are contractors or some sort of assistance providing where I can hire or find someone to view an accommodation for me ? And what are my chances of finding comfortable and good accommodation if I leave it until September when I arrive for my program ?

Moreover, the university accommodation I would be offered is in Ranmoor Village, which is too far from my building.

Appreciate your assistance.

You can definitely leave it until september when you arrive before finding accommodation. There are so many properties still up for let at the moment. I know that it sounds that Ranmoor is really, really, really far from uni, but it's actually not. It's a 25 minute walk, but it is all downhill.
I'm in Endcliffe Village,Millstone Apartment C4.Yey!Anyone in Millstone?There is something I slightly worry about.however.My flight is on the 21st September and the allocation starts on the 22nd?I thought it was the 21st AND the 22nd?Would there be a problem?
Reply 57
Original post by Bubblegumzz
I'm in Endcliffe Village,Millstone Apartment C4.Yey!Anyone in Millstone?There is something I slightly worry about.however.My flight is on the 21st September and the allocation starts on the 22nd?I thought it was the 21st AND the 22nd?Would there be a problem?

We have a Millstone group on facebook if you want to join :smile: https://www.facebook.com/groups/284544178352369/
Reply 58
City centre for me, apartment F I think.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've applied for Endcliffe Village. I know very little about it other than what I saw on the open day months ago, but it seems pleasant.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending