The Student Room Group

How long do speeding tickets take to arrive?

As in title, any idea how long it would take?

Not from a flash camera but the tickets they send you out if you have been clocked by a mobile police unit?

Is there any way you can check online/phone etc?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Depends how fast you were going.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Has to be within 14 days, and i'm sure if it doesn't arrive in that time then you have gotten away with it.
Reply 3
Original post by Sami'
Has to be within 14 days, and i'm sure if it doesn't arrive in that time then you have gotten away with it.

That long? Daamn. You should get a text or something saying' yeah you've been screwed kthanksbye.'
Alot slower than you were going criminal.

Just kidding but post vans are limited to 70.
Reply 5
Original post by AwsomePossum
Alot slower than you were going criminal.

Just kidding but post vans are limited to 70.

Haha criminal indeed.

How you mean?
Original post by Aay
Haha criminal indeed.

How you mean?

Implying that post vans don't speed :P I'm pretty sure its 10 working days for the fine though, im like the only one in my family who's not had one haha.
Reply 7
I was so anxious after spotting a police van with the camera out on the bridge ahead. I was admittedly driving a little over the 50mph speed limit, so I thought I'd be going too fast and they'd send me something through the post. However, luckily my speed wasn't too much to receive a fine, but never again will I be speeding or driving past the limit! :redface:

Oh, and they must send you notification through post within 14 days after the incident.
Reply 8
Original post by AwsomePossum
Implying that post vans don't speed :P I'm pretty sure its 10 working days for the fine though, im like the only one in my family who's not had one haha.

Original post by moonymeen
I was so anxious after spotting a police van with the camera out on the bridge ahead. I was admittedly driving a little over the 50mph speed limit, so I thought I'd be going too fast and they'd send me something through the post. However, luckily my speed wasn't too much to receive a fine, but never again will I be speeding or driving past the limit! :redface:

Oh, and they must send you notification through post within 14 days after the incident.

Thanks, see I dont intentionally speed, it just happens lol, sounds stupid I know but its true, One min im doing 30 next min 40 :lol:
Then perhaps stop driving until you can concentrate more? If you can't control how fast you're going you shouldn't be on the road...
Reply 10
Original post by shaymarriott
Then perhaps stop driving until you can concentrate more? If you can't control how fast you're going you shouldn't be on the road...

The speed limits are arbitrary numbers. Using common sense to know when and when not to speed is fine. I wouldn't speed in built up areas, but doing more on the motorway is absolutely fine.

I hate this idea that you're a bad driver if you speed...
Reply 11
Original post by shaymarriott

Get over yourself, you telling me you've never unintentionally went above the speed limit? I find that very hard to believe.

Original post by Ripper-Roo

this.
I think it comes through within 2 weeks.
Thats how long it took for my mums anyway.
Original post by Ripper-Roo
The speed limits are arbitrary numbers. Using common sense to know when and when not to speed is fine. I wouldn't speed in built up areas, but doing more on the motorway is absolutely fine.

No, I speed all the time. It's just that I'm aware I'm doing it. You're a bad driver if you can concentrate enough to know the speed you're travelling at. So long as you're safe, the only il problem I see with speeding is getting a ticket! So yeah... Regardless of whether it's an arbitrary number or not, it's what we're given and expected to work with. If you're not going to obey it (and honestly who can say that they always do) at least play the ****ing game and be aware that you're going over!
Original post by Aay
Get over yourself, you telling me you've never unintentionally went above the speed limit? I find that very hard to believe.

this.

Generally, I know if I'm going over. Of course I've gone over or under a little by accident but its certainly not at all commonplace. You get a feel for how fast you're going no? Other cars, feeling of the engine in whatever gear? Speed stuff is passing you at?
Original post by Aay
As in title, any idea how long it would take?

Not from a flash camera but the tickets they send you out if you have been clocked by a mobile police unit?

Is there any way you can check online/phone etc?

Were you doing over 35? If not then you probably won't have been clocked as the speedometer on your car is a bit higher than your actual speed.

You've just got your licence! Naughty Naughty. :naughty:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 16
Original post by deedee123
Were you doing over 35? If not then you probably won't have been clocked as the speedometer on your car is a bit higher than your actual speed.

You've just got your licence! Naughty Naughty. :naughty:

I have been a naughty young man I know :frown: I can't even remember now :lol:
Original post by Aay
I have been a naughty young man I know :frown: I can't even remember now :lol:

I always thought they would stop you if it was a policeman that caught you. :confused: they stopped my dad when they got him on that speed gun thing they have.
Reply 18
Original post by deedee123
I always thought they would stop you if it was a policeman that caught you. :confused: they stopped my dad when they got him on that speed gun thing they have.

See there's loads of these around my area, but on occasion we got them in vans round a bend, then they wouldnt pull you over they'd record you and sent you it through the post.

Other than that, the flash ones I know where most are so its no bother.

And if it was the guns with the police guy, they would of pulled me over.. So i'm sure I'm fine...:lol:

I took my car to school for the first time today, feels good :yep:
Original post by Aay
See there's loads of these around my area, but on occasion we got them in vans round a bend, then they wouldnt pull you over they'd record you and sent you it through the post.

Other than that, the flash ones I know where most are so its no bother.

And if it was the guns with the police guy, they would of pulled me over.. So i'm sure I'm fine...:lol:

I took my car to school for the first time today, feels good :yep:

I hope for your sake you didn't get caught as you've only got one chance after that :zomg:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending