The Student Room Group

Motorbike Society- IV

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
Original post by F4LL3N
Which is?

Battery can no longer hold charge for more than a day or so.
Original post by Silkysam
Battery can no longer hold charge for more than a day or so.

At least the replacements are pretty cheap usually, and not too hard to fit.

Totally unrelated, but decided I'm going to sell the FZ6 S2 ABS 07, wondering if anyone has a rough idea how much I should be looking for? It has 14k on the clock, and good condition with a few marks. I'm thinking I could be looking around £3000? Cheers
Reply 162
I need a man. Or muscles. Or a man with muscles. It would make my life so much easier than bending a curtain rail to get the axial undone.
Original post by WalkerPassingby
At least the replacements are pretty cheap usually, and not too hard to fit.

Totally unrelated, but decided I'm going to sell the FZ6 S2 ABS 07, wondering if anyone has a rough idea how much I should be looking for? It has 14k on the clock, and good condition with a few marks. I'm thinking I could be looking around £3000? Cheers

You can always try s trickle charger for old batteries as well. Can give them new life.

3k sounds reasonable, go on mcn, ebay etc and see what similar is selling for.

Original post by Bathwiggle
I need a man. Or muscles. Or a man with muscles. It would make my life so much easier than bending a curtain rail to get the axial undone.

You rang? Entered Sussex u92kg strongman contest yesterday. Completed all the events including loading a 90kg atlas stone to finish. Fun day. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 164
Original post by Motorbiker

You rang? Entered Sussex u92kg strongman contest yesterday. Completed all the events including loading a 90kg atlas stone to finish. Fun day. :smile:

:shock: That weighs more than you do!
Nice! Good plan. I should probably try and get a new chain/sprocket orderd(Been saying this for months), but will combine it with going home for service/MOT in September.

Bargain.:wink:

I think i paid £150?

i was happy with my £390 :emo: (TPO aswell!)

Original post by Juno
Fine.

Shall sell phyllis then

Posted from TSR Mobile

dont i get a say in weather we sell my bike :confused:
Reply 166
Original post by Boristhethird
dont i get a say in weather we sell my bike :confused:

I think Michael Fish chooses that :sadnod:
Reply 167
You can always try s trickle charger for old batteries as well. Can give them new life.

Already did that mid last week and it got the battery working again but it died again while I was away over the weekend and recharging it with my trickle charger hasn't worked this time. So a new battery for me it is.
Reply 168
Hey. Finally got round to buying a new battery and changing the oil in my Daytona 675. Going to Glasgow Uni this September and will be taking my bike. Anyone live in Scotland, or Glasgow ideally here? :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 169
Original post by Kafuffle
Hey. Finally got round to buying a new battery and changing the oil in my Daytona 675. Going to Glasgow Uni this September and will be taking my bike. Anyone live in Scotland, or Glasgow ideally here? :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

i don't think we have any scottish any more, we did have one once, lantana is nearly scotland (newcastle) but other than that i don't think so.

Any pics of your bike?

And i've been after a 675 for years :sad:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you a mature student? if not I'm mega jealous of being able to afford insurance on that!
Reply 171
Original post by Bathwiggle
i don't think we have any scottish any more, we did have one once, lantana is nearly scotland (newcastle) but other than that i don't think so.

Any pics of your bike?

And i've been after a 675 for years :sad:

Original post by Imperial_Maniac
Are you a mature student? if not I'm mega jealous of being able to afford insurance on that!

Awh, that's a shame, although I'll stay on this thread nonetheless. Who knows, one day again maybe! :biggrin: Ill get some pics tomorrow and put them on, although its just like every other Daytona lol! Its a 2006 Yellow edition one. :smile: Do love it to bits though! :biggrin: Wanna get an Arrow Exhaust for it soon though.

Nop, I'm only 19 going on 20 in October. I only have Third party on it though as its the only one I can afford. Its 1.3k for Third, but then it suddenly shoots up for both Fire and Theft and Fully comp to 9.8k! :O So no real choice but to go for the third party lol.
Awh, that's a shame, although I'll stay on this thread nonetheless. Who knows, one day again maybe! :biggrin: Ill get some pics tomorrow and put them on, although its just like every other Daytona lol! Its a 2006 Yellow edition one. :smile: Do love it to bits though! :biggrin: Wanna get an Arrow Exhaust for it soon though.

Nop, I'm only 19 going on 20 in October. I only have Third party on it though as its the only one I can afford. Its 1.3k for Third, but then it suddenly shoots up for both Fire and Theft and Fully comp to 9.8k! :O So no real choice but to go for the third party lol.

You must have only had that thing for a little while then! Considering I'm guessing you were sat on a restricted license for two years!
Reply 173
Original post by Chilledice
You must have only had that thing for a little while then! Considering I'm guessing you were sat on a restricted license for two years!

Only 8 months actually. :smile:
I had a ninja 250r 2010 before, which was my first bike, until I wrote it off! Opps. Yea anyway this Daytona is restricted but I can take it off this November. I cant wait! :biggrin:
Reply 174
Was going to break the chinese bike I have but someone offered me £350 for it so I thought bugger it, can't be bothered breaking it and listing it so it's now sold.

I've asked a similar question before but can everyone give me an idea of what they pay/paid for lessons? Place local to me is £30p/h for a 125 and £35p/h for a £400, no idea id that is ok or not? Surprises me though considering my car lessons where £18p/h.
Reply 175
Original post by Maccees
Was going to break the chinese bike I have but someone offered me £350 for it so I thought bugger it, can't be bothered breaking it and listing it so it's now sold.

I've asked a similar question before but can everyone give me an idea of what they pay/paid for lessons? Place local to me is £30p/h for a 125 and £35p/h for a £400, no idea id that is ok or not? Surprises me though considering my car lessons where £18p/h.

Hmmm well when I did my DAS a while back I paid £450 for 3 days including test (did theory and CBT separately).

I can't remember what my ex-housemate paid. Think it was about £30 p/h.
Reply 176
Only 20 so can't do a DAS, wish I could though and just get it over with.
Original post by Maccees
Only 20 so can't do a DAS, wish I could though and just get it over with.

I thought DAS was from 19 up to the restricted-access licence?

I'm still questioning if it's worth the money to get a bike licence. For CBT, lessons, test, etc, it seems to be close to a grand. It would be nice if my car licence was worth more than a bit of plastic towards getting a bike. Surely more bikers = makes it safer for all bikers?
Reply 178
The instructor I spoke to said they didn't do anything until you were 24...maybe he meant just that school and not everyone haha
Reply 179
Why do bikes like this always come up when I have no money :unimpressed:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending