The Student Room Group

Track: Who is still waiting?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Original post by EliteBoUni
Why

well, if it is not in clearing it's full.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 181
Hiya guys I am seeking advice on being released from the University of Birmingham.

How long is it likely to take especially if the course I have an unconditional offer is in clearing?
Original post by Thatstudentdude
I'm still waiting. Fulfilled every condition for my firm, except the one mentioning a CRB check (or DBS, whatever it's called these days). I sent the required forms off today - hopefully it shouldn't be too long. How long can they keep it conditional for?

Yep, it's the same for me. They have all my forms and everything. I phoned up earlier and was told they didn't have any of my documents & then phoned again and was told that they have them all and it should've come through!
They did say that as long as you get everything sent off within the next couple of days that it shouldn't matter and it'll stay conditional..

Posted from TSR Mobile
UCAS updated and I'm into Durham :smile:
Reply 184
Original post by epiphany
Hiya guys I am seeking advice on being released from the University of Birmingham.

How long is it likely to take especially if the course I have an unconditional offer is in clearing?

Hey you will be released in no less than 2-3 hours. Ive released myself from my insurance uni in order to go through clearing for a much better uni :biggrin: hope this helps. All you have to do I call them up and tell them you've declined them
Original post by iAhmedd
Hey you will be released in no less than 2-3 hours. Ive released myself from my insurance uni in order to go through clearing for a much better uni :biggrin: hope this helps. All you have to do I call them up and tell them you've declined them

So you was released after 2 hours of telling them to reject you? I asked mine at around one o'clock and my track still hasn't updated.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 186
Original post by Infamous12
So you was released after 2 hours of telling them to reject you? I asked mine at around one o'clock and my track still hasn't updated.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow really? I actually got released in under 1 hour :redface:. My mates have been released like after 2-3 hours.
Original post by iAhmedd
Wow really? I actually got released in under 1 hour :redface:. My mates have been released like after 2-3 hours.

Damn. They said they were working on it as fast as they could (yeah, right). I really need track to be updated by morning else I will lose my offers from clearing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 188
Damn. They said they were working on it as fast as they could (yeah, right). I really need track to be updated by morning else I will lose my offers from clearing.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah don't worry im sure it will update. One of my mates was in this exact situation last year but don't panic.
Reply 189
I'm waiting to be released from Bolton to accept an offer from Staffordshire. I'm hoping it's done before tomorrow night, because i really want En Suite accommodation.
Original post by iAhmedd
Ah don't worry im sure it will update. One of my mates was in this exact situation last year but don't panic.

Trying not to haha. Probably will be different if it is not updated in the morning.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 191
Mine still hasn't updated :frown:
Guess I'll have to phone the uni.
Reply 192
How long you generally have to wait until the Uni confirm your place and make response on UCAS? I'm still waiting for Coventry to update so I can go to clearing asap if I failed... I probably need to called them in the morning to figure out what's going on.
Reply 193
It is mid-night in UK now so I guess we have to wait till 7 or 8 am in the morning
Reply 194
They're taking a long time to release me from Firm choice, but they were really quick to give me my £200 accommodation deposit back xD

If i have an Unconditional insurance offer (Staffordshire) will the give it away if i don't reply in time?
Reply 195
Original post by iAhmedd

What University were you released from?
Reply 196
Original post by thetransitionary
UCAS updated and I'm into Durham :smile:

Well done - what course if you don't mind me asking?
Hi guys really hope one of you can help me out here, i've applied for history at nottingham for my firm choice and ancient history at nottingham for my insurance, so far my insurance place says unconditional on track but my firm choice still says conditional even though i got the grades and met all the requirements - it seems ucas hasnt updated my track at all today - none of my results are listed on my track either... not really sure what to do or who to call tomorrow. Any advice would be so great !! thank youuu
Reply 198
Original post by saminator
Should my brother still be waiting for keele to update track? His insurance updated at 8am with an alternative course offer and he has clearing offers which expire tomorrow morning, but he cant add anything until keele refuses him.
He is nowhere near his offer so it should be easy for them, is this usual?
Thanks
Lots of people have been getting in even if they've missed their offers by a lot. He should ring them first thing tomorrow and find out what's going on.

So there is a chance that i could wake up in the morning and be in clearing? That would be absolutely amazing but knowing my luck, there will be no change to my UCAS. I have myself 2 offers and i am worried that after a certain time, they won't hold onto them anymore.
If nothing's changed in the morning, get on to all the unis concerned and update them.

Original post by floace06
Need 280 points to get into my firm choice and I got A,B and D which obviously is 280 points.

My insurance said they'd take me if my firm rejected me, but i've met the points and the other requirements to get in to my firm. Is it just a case of its taking a while to update or could something be seriously wrong? :s-smilie:
You need to get in touch with them first thing tomorrow and find out what the problem is.

Original post by Thatstudentdude
I'm still waiting. Fulfilled every condition for my firm, except the one mentioning a CRB check (or DBS, whatever it's called these days). I sent the required forms off today - hopefully it shouldn't be too long. How long can they keep it conditional for?
Until you've met all the conditions :smile: Let them know you've the papers in and ask them how long it will take them to process them.
Reply 199
Should i get up early tomorrow and ring the uni at like 8 if they still havent decided?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending