The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Equivalent grades acceptable for Lancaster Scholarships?

On the Lancaster Scholarships & Bursaries page it states that students must achieve "A*, A* & A in their A-level examinations (or equivalent academic qualifications)" to be eligible for a £2000 scholarship, or "A*, A, A, or the equivalent academic qualifications" to be elligible for a £1000 scholarship.

Am I reading this correctly, does this mean that as I got A, A, A, B (460 tariff points) this would be considered equivalent to
A*, A* & A (400 tariff points) or A*, A, A (380 tariff points), meaning that I may be eligible for a scholarship grant?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1
Unfortunately, not. When they refer to "equivalent academic qualifications", they are referring to BTEC qualifications etc.
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Erratic
Unfortunately, not. When they refer to "equivalent academic qualifications", they are referring to BTEC qualifications etc.

Ok thats fine just thought I would check with people on here, worth a try :smile:
Is anyone aware of the equivalent for the IB? I have emailed the University but just received a generic email back.
Reply 4
Original post by juddylovespizza
Is anyone aware of the equivalent for the IB? I have emailed the University but just received a generic email back.

They will be very busy right now. You won't get paid it until around February so ask in a few weeks when they aren't dealing with clearing but they do have a conversion for IBs - I just don't know what it is. You will get paid it regardless of whether you contact them about it or not if you've met the requirements.
Reply 5
Original post by k9markiii
They will be very busy right now. You won't get paid it until around February so ask in a few weeks when they aren't dealing with clearing but they do have a conversion for IBs - I just don't know what it is. You will get paid it regardless of whether you contact them about it or not if you've met the requirements.

Whats the conversion for BTEC. Is it A*A*A = D*D*D?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
I know it's at least 38.. possibly 39 for IB
Reply 7
Original post by Tish
Whats the conversion for BTEC. Is it A*A*A = D*D*D?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't know contact student registry in a few days time. It seems plausible.
Original post by EviePlumb
I know it's at least 38.. possibly 39 for IB

That's great then because I scored 40 points in-total! Do you think being a student from the Isle of Man (a Crown Dependency) would impact on my eligibility? I'm unsure if they would class me as a UK student.

Original post by k9markiii

Thanks to the other poster too, I'll take your advice not to contact the University again until all the Clearing/Adjustment chaos is over :tongue:
Reply 9
I got A* A A in my exams so does this mean I'm entitled to the scholarship of £1000 or was I supposed to have applied to it beforehand? And how do you apply for one?
Reply 10
Original post by sfisher
I got A* A A in my exams so does this mean I'm entitled to the scholarship of £1000 or was I supposed to have applied to it beforehand? And how do you apply for one?

You don't apply you get entered for it automatically.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Original post by Tish
You don't apply you get entered for it automatically.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ohh okay, thank you! I assume they contact you at some point to confirm it then?
Reply 12
Yes, they will contact you if you are eligible. You'll receive scholarship payments around February.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending