The Student Room Group

Motorbike Society- IV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Blob2491
Shoot, better hope I nail this. How is Mod 2 in comparison?

Juno says she got just a minor for it so you may be allowed a kph or two underneath...

Mod 2 is just like a normal ride .
It can be tough if you're not a confident road rider but basically you just ride around for half an hour without making a dangerous mistake and you'll be passed. :smile:
Reply 361
If it's any consolation I passed my test on the first try, though it's a bit easier than y'alls
Reply 362
Original post by Motorbiker
Juno says she got just a minor for it so you may be allowed a kph or two underneath...

Juno would post a pic to prove it, but it's very faint due to it being carbon paper and several months old. She also only has a really bad phone camera so it doesn't show up.
Reply 363
Original post by Texan88
This might be a bit of a morbid questions, but since i know im going to be riding again soon i finalized my living will and my will just in case.... how many of you have these set up?

i've not got a living will, however my parents are aware of my wishes and views. In death it all goes to them up until i get married and they know what jewellery goes to my sister, as with my life insurance
Reply 364
gahhhh bike is delivered sunday im so excited :biggrin:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 366
Original post by Boristhethird

:colone: so true, i make fun of y'all's rain but im going to be riding in it as much as y'all now :s-smilie:

Mod 2 is just like a normal ride .
It can be tough if you're not a confident road rider but basically you just ride around for half an hour without making a dangerous mistake and you'll be passed. :smile:

It has to be 50kmh+?

That doesn't sound too bad. Any tips on what to look out for and what to do?
Original post by Blob2491
It has to be 50kmh+?

That doesn't sound too bad. Any tips on what to look out for and what to do?

Yea, That's why mod 1 is done offroad since the manoveres have to be done at 50kmph which is 31 so they can't be done in 30 zones.

Urm, be careful on your lifesavers and always be clear about indication when changing direction/lanes.
Reply 369
Original post by Imperial_Maniac
Get a CBF125 mate, cheap, practical, easy to ride, super efficient and MCN voted it best learner bike going or something. Can hit 70 if you really want, it's all you need. YZF and CBR125's are pretty pointless imo, they're trying to be something they aren't.

Also these guys tell me I was keeping up fine with them when I went riding with them on my CBF, it's all about the corner speed :P

Original post by F4LL3N
If you are lucky you could find the RG125 that Suzuki stopped making... but I'd go with the others - CG, YBR or the CBF.

YZF/CBR are much of a muchness tbh. Lots of plastic so nice and expensive if you drop it and very attractive to theives.

The shadow is a completely different type of bike. A low style cruiser.
JC. on here had one which didn't go well but you can be unlikely.

Tbh if i was you i'd go for a YBR or CG125 as they're simpler cheaper 125s and then worry about passing your proper test and buy a nice bigger bike. Even the "quick" 125s are still 125s.

Makes a lot of sense. I guess all the snazzy looks of the CBR/YZF got me distracted. Just a quick question though. With a CBT, am I allowed to drive on A roads and M roads or only A? Oh and would you recommend buying the CBF/YBR second hand or new? Thanks a lot guys!
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by raftab
Makes a lot of sense. I guess all the snazzy looks of the CBR/YZF got me distracted. Just a quick question though. With a CBT, am I allowed to drive on A roads and M roads or only A? Oh and would you recommend buying the CBF/YBR second hand or new? Thanks a lot guys!

Yea, if you have a 125 on a cbt , you're not allowed on motorways, you're not allowed passengers and you have to wear an L plate constantly.

I'd buy it about 5-10 years old tbh. Will be a bargain.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 371
Original post by raftab

You're not allowed on motorways as a learner

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Juno
You're not allowed on motorways as a learner

Posted from TSR Mobile

True.

125s can do 80mph and handle themselves on a motorway fine.you can go on a motorway on a 125 if psssed your test.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 373
This looks pretty cool.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 374
That's only if you're 16 and on a moped. On a 125 you are allowed on any road you want.

125s can do 80mph and handle themselves on a motorway fine.

125's can do barely 80 mph had to fix that for ya :colone:
Original post by Maccees
This looks pretty cool.

Looks awesome tbh.

Original post by Texan88
125's can do barely 80 mph had to fix that for ya :colone:

Tbh a nice 125 will hit 90 indicated which is a comfortable 80 real speed. Not saying it will be easy and you'll get there instantly and you'll be revving it high in top gear and tucking in but ... :wink:
Yea, That's why mod 1 is done offroad since the manoveres have to be done at 50kmph which is 31 so they can't be done in 30 zones.

Urm, be careful on your lifesavers and always be clear about indication when changing direction/lanes.

Reply 377
That's only if you're 16 and on a moped. On a 125 you are allowed on any road you want.

125s can do 80mph and handle themselves on a motorway fine.

The 125 is allowed on the motorway, but the learner rider is not. I can take Ugs on a motorway now, but before March i wasn't allowed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by raftab

Ignore my earlier post about motorways. I was wrong.

Original post by Juno
The 125 is allowed on the motorway, but the learner rider is not. I can take Ugs on a motorway now, but before March i wasn't allowed.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I just checked and you're right. My bad.

I thought that was just a moped thing but it's a moped thing and a cbt thing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Did Scottoiler.

Will be awesome and help new chain and sprocket last a long time.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending