The Student Room Group

Debenhams Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 600
Original post by adamfifteen
I had my interview on Friday (27th September) and found out today that I got the job! :biggrin: I guess it depends, with someone saying 25 days but mine only took 5 days, so presumably it includes weekends O.O

That is exactly the same with me! Was this in Norwich?
Original post by qwop1
That is exactly the same with me! Was this in Norwich?

Yep. I've been put on Menswear, you?
Reply 602
Original post by adamfifteen
Yep. I've been put on Menswear, you?

Exactly the same! Did they tell you when they were going to get back to you about training and stuff?
Original post by qwop1
Exactly the same! Did they tell you when they were going to get back to you about training and stuff?

When I called them to accept they told me I would be called some time next week to book a date. Hope all goes well, don't even know what we will be doing on the induction day, probably till training and stuff.
Reply 604
I start my Xmas Temp part time job at the start of November but haven't had my contract come yet?! I got told that I got the job about 4 weeks ago. Do you know when you get the contract and when you have to send it off or hand it in?
Reply 605
Mine didn't arrive until after I'd started
Reply 606
Any XMAS temps started yet? Do you get to do till work or stuff like stocking?
I'm stuck on this question:
Our commitment to training and development encourages our people to grow their futures with us. If successful in joining our team, how will you become an expert at what you do?
This is only a temp job as a sales adviser (part time), and I'm not planning on having a future with them, i'm at college and want to go to uni... so what do i write? :smile:
I put this:
I am never completely satisfied with myself and am always striving to improve as a result. I know this is only a christmas temp job, but if I was offered a permanent part time job with you afterwards, I would definitely accept.

would that be alright? i really can't think of anything else to say.
anyone???
Reply 610
Hey guys! I secured the debenhams job i'm so happy aaah!! If you have any questions, i'll be happy to help :smile:

I sent my contract off on sunday, when do you think i'll get my next reply and start training etc? Cos i start on 26th October
Original post by samptl
Any XMAS temps started yet? Do you get to do till work or stuff like stocking?

I started as a merchandiser last Monday and I mainly do putting new stock out and on the fitting rooms but I got given a till number yesterday and have been till trained so I might spend some of it on the tills but cause I start at 7am I always have some time without customers :smile: When do you start???
Got to the group stage for the Restaurant Assistant (after my job as a sales assistant last year) and they said HR had cocked up so there wasn't time to do all the group activities :lol: straight to 1:1 interviews, I thought it went really well but the woman hinted that places will go fast (if not already) but she put me down for as applying for Restaurant and Sales Assistant as a result. Think I'm more likely to get offered the Sales role but not the Restaurant role.

EDIT: Just to throw it out there, I got offered my job last xmas after 12/13 since the interview.
(edited 10 years ago)
I just my group assessment for a Christmas sales assistant and it wasn't bad at all. There were only 5 of us there which I thought was really weird but the woman told me after there should have been more.

We just did some group stuff and had discussions about what we would be doing as a sales assistant, then we had individual interviews.

The lady was really nice and the questions seemed straight forward. I should hear back in 10 days, I hope I got it :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by samptl
I start my Xmas Temp part time job at the start of November but haven't had my contract come yet?! I got told that I got the job about 4 weeks ago. Do you know when you get the contract and when you have to send it off or hand it in?

I got a job working at Debenhams permanently at the start of September and my contract arrived a few days before I started. However, a girl at work who is a Christmas Temp started yesterday and hasn't had her contract yet. I'd wait until you start, and then ask your supervisor if your contract hasn't arrived yet.
Hey everyone, congratulations on getting jobs!

On an entirely unrelated note, I work at the store in Gloucester and I saw a notice on the side of the till saying that next week everyone had to wear pink as part of the Think Pink fundraiser for a charity. However I only work Saturdays so I don't know if that applies to me. Anyone else been told to wear pink next week?
Reply 616
I had my group assessment on Friday and already the waiting is killing me. I really need a job right now even if its just for xmas. Have applied for several other place but I really want this one lol
Reply 617
Got a call at 4:30 saying I got the job!! :biggrin:
I had the assessment on Saturday and the waiting for the call is stressful. One of the girls on the assessment with me got offered It today

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 619
I know right? Even though my assessment was only on Friday I had read about people hearing the same day and others not hearing for like 3 weeks. The weekend was soooo long waiting for the call lol
Fingers crossed for you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending