The Student Room Group

How to be attractive (all of TSR should read this)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Harley
My hair has been orange, well, technically 'mango copper' for a few months now, I was just planning on redying it closer to halloween so it would be more vibrant.

Hmm I'll look into eyebrow pencil, it was never something I thought I needed. And surely 'different from average' is like the definition of abnormal? Damn, my lips were one of the things I actually liked and now I'm going to worry about them too :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

See, it doesn't sound like all this mega analysis of your face is really helping your confidence. I get make up can be fun for girls, but generally guys aren't that bothered at all. Generally a little colour is usually nice, but all this detail, unless it's something you enjoy doing, is unlikely to help your confidence or your attractiveness. Girls who strive for perfection in every area usually end up looking a little too unnatural.
Original post by Mankytoes
See, it doesn't sound like all this mega analysis of your face is really helping your confidence. I get make up can be fun for girls, but generally guys aren't that bothered at all. Generally a little colour is usually nice, but all this detail, unless it's something you enjoy doing, is unlikely to help your confidence or your attractiveness. Girls who strive for perfection in every area usually end up looking a little too unnatural.

Just because you don't like makeup doesn't mean all guys don't. My boyfriend agrees everyone looks better with makeup..
Reply 322
Original post by Mankytoes

I usually just wear foundation, a bit of powder, mascara and eyeliner. A little blush on my cheeks and lip pen. Changing the shape of my lips never crossed my mind until Collette mentioned it. And no it's not really something I enjoy doing, putting on makeup is more like a chore I need to make time to do every morning to look at least passably ok.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 323
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
Just because you don't like makeup doesn't mean all guys don't. My boyfriend agrees everyone looks better with makeup..

Some girls look better with, some look better without. I wouldn't say all girls look better with makeup but most do.
Original post by james1211
Explain?

Most men tend not to approach women and are usually all talk.
Reply 325

Yeah, tbh every single "hot" actress looks that way (in 90% of her photos) because she's had a make-up artist do her up meticulously. Not to say she wouldn't be very pretty otherwise, but you know what I mean. Google celebrities before and after make-up.
Reply 326
Original post by maskofsanity
Most men tend not to approach women and are usually all talk.

Not really, most men approach women.
Some girls look better with, some look better without. I wouldn't say all girls look better with makeup but most do.

No one looks better without. If it's well applied it will look good
Original post by Collette94
Yeah, tbh every single "hot" actress looks that way (in 90% of her photos) because she's had a make-up artist do her up meticulously. Not to say she wouldn't be very pretty otherwise, but you know what I mean. Google celebrities before and after make-up.

Exactly. Everyone looks better with it. You can be pretty without but you can vastly improve
Reply 328
Original post by Harley
I usually just wear foundation, a bit of powder, mascara and eyeliner. A little blush on my cheeks and lip pen. Changing the shape of my lips never crossed my mind until Collette mentioned it. And no it's not really something I enjoy doing, putting on makeup is more like a chore I need to make time to do every morning to look at least passably ok.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you sure you need foundation and powder? If you're pressed for time, just stick to mascara/eyeliner, concealer, a bit of blush and lip pencil and gloss IMO. Moisturiser/sunscreen is sometimes all you need for your skin to look OK :smile:

Found a tutorial on how to do your lips, literally did a 5 second YouTube search so you can probs dig out a better one but it seems fairly good :biggrin: -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mep1phY5D9o

If you want to learn more about make-up there are some great YouTube channels you can follow, Pixiwoo, Promise Phan and Zoella off the top of my head. I've forgotten a lot of what I know about make-up as I stopped wearing most of it a while back, but that's a good place to start.
Reply 329
No one looks better without. If it's well applied it will look good

Exactly. Everyone looks better with it. You can be pretty without but you can vastly improve

If they look good and aren't wearing makeup, that reeks of confidence, which is more attractive than any amount of powder and pencil. What looks better, a really well painted landscape painting, or the actual landscape itself? Some landscapes will look better painted with a bit of fakery added, whereas some will look better to actually stand and look at.
Original post by Robbie242
I'll re-write this up

I'll even give you a list (applies to both sexes):

I feel you made lots of valid points but some were often too vague, 6/10

Yeah I believe I was, I don't know pinda college posted a picture of pat and then I just dashed

I posted Pat as a joke brah.
If they look good and aren't wearing makeup, that reeks of confidence, which is more attractive than any amount of powder and pencil. What looks better, a really well painted landscape painting, or the actual landscape itself? Some landscapes will look better painted with a bit of fakery added, whereas some will look better to actually stand and look at.

It reeks of "I can't be bothered to make an effort". Some things that are attractive you can't get naturally. Eyeliner looks amazing and is impossible to get without makeup
Reply 332
Original post by pinda.college
I posted Pat as a joke brah.

I want to turn this into another misc thread so badly, but the one I made yesterday got deleted too :mad: Mods, y u no love us?
Reply 333
It reeks of "I can't be bothered to make an effort". Some things that are attractive you can't get naturally. Eyeliner looks amazing and is impossible to get without makeup

I know where you're coming from but it's opinion really, one person may find it attractive if someone is presenting their natural self, others might prefer an artificially enhanced look. I don't know that I prefer either outright though, like I said In my opinion it depends on the person in question :smile:
I actually prefer no make-up, i'm serious.
Original post by Collette94
I want to turn this into another misc thread so badly, but the one I made yesterday got deleted too :mad: Mods, y u no love us?

Marginalised?

Spoiler

I know where you're coming from but it's opinion really, one person may find it attractive if someone is presenting their natural self, others might prefer an artificially enhanced look. I don't know that I prefer either outright though, like I said In my opinion it depends on the person in question :smile:

There is an element of that but I just think everyone can improve
Original post by John Stuart Mill
I actually prefer no make-up, i'm serious.

http://www.lisaeldridge.com/video/17770/no-make-up-make-up/

No makeup or "no makeu"
Reply 338
Original post by pinda.college
Marginalised?

Spoiler

It's all good, we're all gonna make it. :frown:

i_want_to_be_leaf.jpg
Reply 339
Original post by Maid Marian
But you're either pretty or you're not....

This.

If the OP said "How to be more attractive", then sure. But some people can do all of those things and still not be attractive.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending