The Student Room Group

Physics 2014 Entry Hopefuls!

Scroll to see replies

Got my second offer from St andrews!! Yay

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yay!
I just got a visit day/interview (not really sure of its purpose, really) invitation for Bristol, and an offer (AAA) from Bath :smile:

Now to apply to some more... (Seriously getting panicked about the last two choices now!)
Reply 1182
Sent mine off at the very start of October and still nothing more than 1 interview from Leeds :frown:
I'm thinking about Leeds; what's it like?
Have you had the interview yet?
Original post by Bassface
Yay!
I just got a visit day/interview (not really sure of its purpose, really) invitation for Bristol, and an offer (AAA) from Bath :smile:

Now to apply to some more... (Seriously getting panicked about the last two choices now!)

I'm going to one of those Bristol visit days today... I'll let you know how it goes if you want?
Original post by Agate
Ahh, not another one :'(

Congratulations, although I shouldn't really be saying that to my competition :wink:

The usual interrogation; predicted/AS grades, gcses, UMS? All these offers do worry me :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

10A*s and 1A grade at GCSE (all CCEA board)
4As at As level in maths physics biology and chemistry
maths ums 263/300
physics 295/300
predicted A*A*A*A at alevel... Although my chemistry teacher reckons i might scrape that last A*
and i applied on 10th October :smile:
to be honest i reckon my personal statement is what got me in because i didn't do further maths
Reply 1186
Original post by KorPhysicist
Got my second offer from St andrews!! Yay

Posted from TSR Mobile

second?! i havent even got my first! what did you apply for and are you home or international? very jealous so congrats :smile:
Reply 1187
Original post by sillygoosemuffin
10A*s and 1A grade at GCSE (all CCEA board)
4As at As level in maths physics biology and chemistry
maths ums 263/300
physics 295/300
predicted A*A*A*A at alevel... Although my chemistry teacher reckons i might scrape that last A*
and i applied on 10th October :smile:
to be honest i reckon my personal statement is what got me in because i didn't do further maths

I doubt it, further maths isn't necessary for admission, I spoke to an admissions tutor at Oxford who said it wouldn't matter... But I took it up as an AS anyway haha
Having read only the first and last ten pages of this thread...I'm just going to jump in? lol

What is your name?: Michelle :smile:

What universities are you interested in? I applied to Nottingham Trent and Aberystwyth, both of which I've gotten conditional offers from (and the latter of which I still tend to mumble when I mention it considering it's so damn hard for me to pronounce :tongue:), then Dundee, Hertfordshire and Keele. Keele just contacted me again for more info about my fee status, so once I have that sent off I hope I'll get an answer soon...!

What are your subjects and hopeful grades for AS and A2? Not really applicable for me; I'm an international student. But I'm hoping to make a score of 5/5 on AP Calc AB, Physics, and Stats (and then 700 or more on SAT II).

Any female physicists out there?: Me! :smile: Glad to see so many on here, lol. I was even just talking to a Chinese acquaintance of mine who works on satellite construction about the ratio of females in physics, haha.
If anyone is interested in what goes on at the Bristol physics visit days, I've just explained it over on the Bristol 2014 applicants page :smile:
Original post by Rmatthewc
Has anyone received a letter from Exeters physics department? I got one saying they'll make a decision soon, but it had a handwritten message at the bottom from my interviewer saying I was a "driven student, able to approach problems in original ways". Did anyone else get anything like this? :smile:

Yeah, I had a handwritten one from Ali Hibbins saying that my interviewer told him that I tackled her problem exceptionally :smile: I was worried at first in case is was the dreaded 'You didn't get an offer, but you did 'very well to get this far' type of thing, but I guess Exeter just take longer to make their offers!
Just out of interest, what has anyone else been offered from Manchester?
Reply 1192
Original post by district9.75
Just out of interest, what has anyone else been offered from Manchester?

I got an Unconditional (even though I'm doing another A Level in my gap year) so I'm really pleased with it! :smile:
Any Oxford physics applicants on here? I'm applying to Exeter College and waiting to hear whether I have an interview or not!
Reply 1194
Original post by theshinnbin
Any Oxford physics applicants on here? I'm applying to Exeter College and waiting to hear whether I have an interview or not!

Me! I applied to Worcester though :smile:
Original post by alow
I got an Unconditional (even though I'm doing another A Level in my gap year) so I'm really pleased with it! :smile:

Aah congratulations! :smile:
Reply 1196
Original post by district9.75
Aah congratulations! :smile:

Thanks! What's your offer from them?
Original post by Jatom
Me! I applied to Worcester though :smile:

Any news about interviews? And how did you find the PAT?:smile:
Reply 1198
Original post by theshinnbin
Any news about interviews? And how did you find the PAT?:smile:

Not really sure how the PAT went! I think my score could range from 60 to 75% so I think i've got an interview... But i'm not getting my hopes up, just in case :redface: Nothing yet! I think we'll hear in the next 2 weeks...
Original post by Jatom
Not really sure how the PAT went! I think my score could range from 60 to 75% so I think i've got an interview... But i'm not getting my hopes up, just in case :redface: Nothing yet! I think we'll hear in the next 2 weeks...

Yeah I think my scores probably around the same margin :smile: hoping they don't do what they did in 2010 and put the grade boundary up so high.

I hope it is in the next 2 weeks! Having a mini panic attack whenever I get a letter at the moment :redface:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending