The Student Room Group

I'm Wonderful and I'm Single Society XX

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lucine.B
Hey so this is all I can say really:
Thing is in life, we don't always get what you want and whilst there is the possibility of you getting hurt you need to learn to go into things head on and with a positive open mind. Its no use looking at every situation and thinking negatively, I get that you might not be able to help it I also tend to think of the worst case scenario which stays in my head really. Nevertheless I now don't let that dictate me and how I think about certain things. (referring to reason 3 btw) wouldn't say its rational but wouldn't say its irrational either. You just need to be positive about these things and focus on the now. Forget about what may happen in the future 1 week, 1 month from now or whatever just think about now and how that's going. If all is well then its a good sign and well ya know take it one day at a time. Everyone is scared of getting hurt sometimes, but honestly even if you do you'll eventually get over it. As well as its unlikely that it will happen. Give her a chance, you don't know that she'll hurt you. We're all vulnerable to getting hurt and life can f*** us up so bad but we just get on with it. You'll be fine! Just take it one step at a time. :redface:

I'm the same, but at the end of the day you need to know pretty much everyone feels the same way. So you are not alone. You'll breathe a sigh of relief once its all over. i would say this is a rational reason but do not let it stop you. This is just a barrier you need to break down. (1st reason). Just look at it as 'all the more reason to do it', to build up your confidence and what not. Start to believe in yourself and think about the whole 'what if' thing if you choose not to go through with it.Trust me the 'what if' feeling is not nice at all, leaves you regretting and wondering way to much so just do it and take whatever comes. I guess you'll just have to suck it up like we all do sometimes.

Rejection can go one of two ways, the two of you forget about it and remain friends; or she gets scared because you like her more than she thought you did and you'll no longer be friends but of course you could try to salvage the relationship. i will say from experience and observation about 95% you'll stay friends. Again a rational reason, most people feel the same but I doubt it'll have much impact on your relationship right now.

I think right now all I can say is you'll never know unless you try. Yes that's corny but its true and well if at first you don't succeed try, try again. Honestly there is no harm in trying :smile: Just give it a go, I mean you'll realise its really nothing, it just the anticipation and all the possible outcomes that scare you. Other than that its all fine, and ya know what they say 'once you've done it once you can do it a million times!'
So yeah go for it :smile:
I'll try to elaborate some more, and give it some deeper thought though hopefully this'll be enough. Have to go to cadets so will help you more later :smile:

Sorry it took a while :redface: Hope this helps anyways.

Thanks :smile: - that was helpful - I just dont think I can do it though, and even how
Original post by Infinity_4652
Stratford! :biggrin:

Oh nice! Have only been twice though, for the Olympics and to see the new Westfield - Forever 21 shopping spree haha ;P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7322
Original post by Jack22031994
Thanks :smile: - that was helpful - I just dont think I can do it though, and even how

If you find it that hard to bring yourself to ask her; it's maybe not going to work out even if she says yes. It doesn't sound like you and her have the right bond, you've basically friend zoned yourself. Sorry buddy, don't take this the wrong way.

It doesn't sound like the kind of connection that two people in a healthy relationship need - you should already be on the kind of wavelength with her where you can talk to her about your feelings freely or else you're just going to have the same difficulties once (if) she agrees to go on a date or two with you.

There are hundreds of other girls you will meet in the next 12 months that will be just as nice/better than this girl, you've just fixated yourself on her :smile:
Original post by james1211
If you find it that hard to bring yourself to ask her; it's maybe not going to work out even if she says yes. It doesn't sound like you and her have the right bond, you've basically friend zoned yourself. Sorry buddy, don't take this the wrong way.

It doesn't sound like the kind of connection that two people in a healthy relationship need - you should already be on the kind of wavelength with her where you can talk to her about your feelings freely or else you're just going to have the same difficulties once (if) she agrees to go on a date or two with you.

There are hundreds of other girls you will meet in the next 12 months that will be just as nice/better than this girl, you've just fixated yourself on her :smile:

Its not that - What I mean by "I just dont think I can do it", is due to my confidence/self esteem issues, and what I mean by"How?" is more to do witht he fact she studies one of the other uni campuses to me so only ever really see her at hub radio socials
Reply 7324
Its not that - What I mean by "I just dont think I can do it", is due to my confidence/self esteem issues

That's what's going to cause an issue - if you can't feel good about yourself, how can someone else feel good about you? People really have a knack for sniffing out self confidence issues and it really doesn't come across well.

It's really best you get yourself into a stable self appreciative mindset before trying to embark upon a relationship with someone, i have seen too many relationships go wrong because one or both party brought self esteem issues to the mix.

How long have you wanted to tell this girl how you feel about her? If it's longer than say a month, then really it is clear you have made up your own subconscious mind that for some reason it will not work between you. Maybe you've convinced yourself on the surface that you're really compatible but know deep down you're two very different mindsets, and that's causing you to keep backing down?
That's what's going to cause an issue - if you can't feel good about yourself, how can someone else feel good about you? People really have a knack for sniffing out self confidence issues and it really doesn't come across well.

It's really best you get yourself into a stable self appreciative mindset before trying to embark upon a relationship with someone, i have seen too many relationships go wrong because one or both party brought self esteem issues to the mix.

How long have you wanted to tell this girl how you feel about her? If it's longer than say a month, then really it is clear you have made up your own subconscious mind that for some reason it will not work between you. Maybe you've convinced yourself on the surface that you're really compatible but know deep down you're two very different mindsets, and that's causing you to keep backing down?

We are able to talk to each other perfectly fine (for me its just going that bit further) - and less than a month - you might be right (might just be a phase)
Reply 7326
We are able to talk to each other perfectly fine (for me its just going that bit further) - and less than a month - you might be right (might just be a phase)

If you're anything like me there'll be girls you get fixated on and convince yourself they're perfect when in reality in a month or two's time you'll have moved on to the next one. Meanwhile there will be plenty of girls you don't put on a "pedestal" and could quite easily take on a date or two and be able to have a healthy relationship with because there's no esteem issues present (because you don't see them as being above you like you do with this girl).

Happiness is created or destroyed from within, it's up to you to make sure you're not making life hard for yourself which you might well be accidentally doing :wink:
If you're anything like me there'll be girls you get fixated on and convince yourself they're perfect when in reality in a month or two's time you'll have moved on to the next one. Meanwhile there will be plenty of girls you don't put on a "pedestal" and could quite easily take on a date or two and be able to have a healthy relationship with because there's no esteem issues present (because you don't see them as being above you like you do with this girl).

Happiness is created or destroyed from within, it's up to you to make sure you're not making life hard for yourself which you might well be accidentally doing :wink:

I have always had esteem issues when it comes to this sort of thing though - I am working on it though. I dont see her as "above" either though (sorry if that makes no sense) - Maybe i just need to man up a little for once
Reply 7328
Maybe i just need to man up a little for once

Well.

Yeah :tongue:

But i'm not one to talk since i'm equally as bad in that respect.

I'm not too good at the whole "date" thing personally, I don't know how to ask someone on a date in public without looking or feeling rude. There was a girl at the till recently that began talking to me about random things for about 5 minutes and seemed interested in me for some reason, but i didn't know whether she was just being nice or she wanted me to ask her on a date. I was stood there thinking "there are people in the queue stood watching, i don't want to make a big deal here or ask her on a date in front of everyone.

But then the sports and hobbies i do never involve meeting new people so i'm limited to girls i meet out and about.
Well.

Yeah :tongue:

But i'm not one to talk since i'm equally as bad in that respect.

I'm not too good at the whole "date" thing personally, I don't know how to ask someone on a date in public without looking or feeling rude. There was a girl at the till recently that began talking to me about random things for about 5 minutes and seemed interested in me for some reason, but i didn't know whether she was just being nice or she wanted me to ask her on a date. I was stood there thinking "there are people in the queue stood watching, i don't want to make a big deal here or ask her on a date in front of everyone.

But then the sports and hobbies i do never involve meeting new people so i'm limited to girls i meet out and about.

ah ok - I met her at a Hub Radio social, and I found really easy to talk to her as we have a common activity/interest - we get along, but you could be right - thanks for advice
Alright lads and lasses.
How beautiful is this dress?! I want it for my prom/leavers ball! ImageUploadedByStudent Room1386100200.172714.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7332
Original post by itssimplyme
How beautiful is this dress?! I want it for my prom/leavers ball! ImageUploadedByStudent Room1386100200.172714.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile

Would have to see you in it to make a formal judgement, how i am i fan of long flwoing dress's on women
Original post by Tomsta
Would have to see you in it to make a formal judgement, how i am i fan of long flwoing dress's on women

Well I'm definitely getting one from Sherri Hill or Jovani, and it will most definitely be long and flow haha! So I'll be sure to show you when the time comes!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7334
Well I'm definitely getting one from Sherri Hill or Jovani, and it will most definitely be long and flow haha! So I'll be sure to show you when the time comes!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'll hold you to that
Original post by Tomsta
I'll hold you to that

Hahaha, okay!

Have a good day? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7336
Hahaha, okay!

Have a good day? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah but i'm off now, talk later
Original post by Tomsta
Yeah but i'm off now, talk later

Haha alright!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh nice! Have only been twice though, for the Olympics and to see the new Westfield - Forever 21 shopping spree haha ;P

Posted from TSR Mobile

Great! :biggrin:

Original post by lucine.B
Haha sooo true!!! My goodness its awful lol. I mean sweaty armpits on top of your head in the tube...it's so horrible xD

Ikr! Thats what you get for living in a city :biggrin: Esp. if its one of the biggest in ze world hehe.

Leytonstone is the best and you know it :colonhash: :tongue:

But yeah its a lovely area, I often work there and what not :smile:

I've never been to leytonstone. :mmm:
Only leyton...lsc is in leyton, so i'm in leyton everyday. :biggrin:
Original post by Infinity_4652
Great! :biggrin:

I've never been to leytonstone. :mmm:
Only leyton...lsc is in leyton, so i'm in leyton everyday. :biggrin:

LSC is right next to Leytonstone :tongue: the station itself is like 2 minutes away
Its only called LSC cos of the post code otherwise Leyton station itself is like 20 minutes away xD Plus Whipps cross is Leytonstone which is like 5 minutes away. Basically LSC is half Leytonstone half Leyton. Like you know the post office at the top of the road- thats Leytonstone and the tesco metro on the other side is leyton :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest