The Student Room Group

Physics 2014 Entry Hopefuls!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1380
Original post by alow
Imperial do still have the slight edge on grades, with >50% of physics undergrads having 3 or more A*s, on a couple of the tables I looked at Imperial had better prospects than Cambridge and Manchester (probably from the networking advantages of being located in London).

I just hope I get an offer from Cambridge so I don't have to think about it :L

when's your cambridge interview and what college did you apply to? best of luck! ive got mine at Churchill on wednesday so im preeetty nervous haha
Reply 1381
Original post by Jozden
when's your cambridge interview and what college did you apply to? best of luck! ive got mine at Churchill on wednesday so im preeetty nervous haha

Mine's next Tuesday at Homerton :smile:

Thanks, and good luck to you too!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1382
Is anybody going to be at Corpus Christi on the 11th and 12th? (this Wednesday and Thursday)
Reply 1383
Original post by excal9
Is anybody going to be at Corpus Christi on the 11th and 12th? (this Wednesday and Thursday)

Kings on Thursday :s

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1384
Original post by Goods
Kings on Thursday :s

Posted from TSR Mobile

good luck :smile: do you have a test or just interviews? (i have both)
Reply 1385
I've got mine on friday at Queens'. What are you guys doing as last minute prep? :smile:
Reply 1386
Original post by IlariaM
I've got mine on friday at Queens'. What are you guys doing as last minute prep? :smile:

I read the whole of QED today on the bus and in my free period. Been revising AS and I really need to go over waves and interference so ill do that tomorrow.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1387
Original post by IlariaM

I've been doing BPhO, PAT, MAT, STEP, etc. papers, revising AS&A2 stuff, reading journals, introductory undergrad texts, all the DEs and vectors stuff from FM. Plus hastily reading anything related to geology I own.

It's really amazing how much you can do in a week when you're panicked. :tongue:
Original post by Goods
I read the whole of QED today on the bus and in my free period. Been revising AS and I really need to go over waves and interference so ill do that tomorrow.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That reminds me, I should probably re-read QED as I mentioned it in my PS. :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1388
Original post by Goods

Posted from TSR Mobile

i wrote about a book in enjoying reading in my Ps. The guy who wrote it is interviewing me. Yeah, this is gonna be reeeeal fun
Reply 1389
Original post by excal9
i wrote about a book in enjoying reading in my Ps. The guy who wrote it is interviewing me. Yeah, this is gonna be reeeeal fun

Damn. You better read it through a couple of times :lol:.

I'm glad I picked an author who's been dead more than two decades now.
Reply 1390
Also, if anyone's interested I started a thread about Cambridge vs Imperial for physics on /sci/ here. Pretty interesting.
Reply 1391
Original post by alow
Damn. You better read it through a couple of times :lol:.

I'm glad I picked an author who's been dead more than two decades now.

yeah, i have been doing. The problem is that its not a popsci book, it's a pretty heavy going qm book, though the maths is fine the way it's presented makes it awkward sometimes.
Reply 1392
Original post by Goods

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by alow
I've been doing BPhO, PAT, MAT, STEP, etc. papers, revising AS&A2 stuff, reading journals, introductory undergrad texts, all the DEs and vectors stuff from FM. Plus hastily reading anything related to geology I own.

It's really amazing how much you can do in a week when you're panicked. :tongue:

Yeah, it's true, these weeks have been seriously productive! (Although I have to admit I'm a bit exhausted now :P)
Reply 1393
Original post by excal9
yeah, i have been doing. The problem is that its not a popsci book, it's a pretty heavy going qm book, though the maths is fine the way it's presented makes it awkward sometimes.

Ah okay, anything like that I've read I purposefully didn't mention so I would be the one to bring it up in the interview, not them asking nasty questions!
Reply 1394
Original post by IlariaM
Yeah, it's true, these weeks have been seriously productive! (Although I have to admit I'm a bit exhausted now :P)

Not long left!

I think I may stop doing any work until after Christmas once I've had my interview :biggrin:
Reply 1395
Original post by alow
Not long left!

I think I may stop doing any work until after Christmas once I've had my interview :biggrin:

I'll definitely do that, I need some relax :smile:
Original post by excal9

that happened to me! except it was on the cambridge recommended reading list so I knew what I was getting myself into. I re-read it before the interview just in case anything came up, but as I suspected, we didn't discuss it at all. I thought it was probably unlikely that they'd spend valuable time in the interview going 'so, tell me about my book' :tongue:
SO EXCITED!
I just added Birmingham to my choices. I know it's quite late, but it'll be fine :smile:
It looks very nice, and I'm really looking forward to uni more and more, the more I read about it :P
I just thought; most posts so far have been about physics (duh), but what else do us physicists get up to?
I'd be interested to know how y'all spend the time you're not studying :P

Anyone fancy starting? GO! :wink:
Reply 1399
Original post by Bassface
I just thought; most posts so far have been about physics (duh), but what else do us physicists get up to?
I'd be interested to know how y'all spend the time you're not studying :P

Anyone fancy starting? GO! :wink:

I play the piano and bass (both self taught) within my band just for fun! I have two dogs that I adore an so that involves lots of walking. I'm doing a charity cycle from London to Paris so I'm all cycled out at the moment! Ahaha

What about you? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending