The Student Room Group

Do guys care about weight?

Anon because i know people on here.

I am about 5'4 and around 10stone, i am by no means fat but i feel like my stomach and thighs make me look horrible.

The only reason I hate my weight is because i dont feel confident especially because i will be going on holiday with all my friends etcetc.

But do guys care about a bit of curves or do they prefer slim and fitter girls?

Scroll to see replies

generally yes.
Reply 2
It depends on the girl herself and what suits her.

My best friend is very short and is a "bigger" girl by a fair amount, but she has a very pretty face and a great personality, and it actually compliments her figure and body shape well. She is very attractive in my eyes despite not being a slim/fit girl :smile:

It depends entirely on the person, I wouldn't worry about it too much.
Reply 3
I'm sure the answer to this is quite obvious. As long as you're not a whale and look decent in weight, most guys will like you on that front.
I'd be lying if I said no but generally curves are good, I'm a 5'5 boy and similar weight and I'm not fat and you shouldn't worry
Reply 5
It's kinda obvious that we do, however you're probably not as big as you think you are.
Reply 6
Yes, I prefer when women are in shape.
Reply 7
Weight in terms of a number means nothing to me. All about the visual, if she looks good then I'm gonna want some of that.
Reply 8
Not weight, but muscle/fat. Guys do like a toned look but there is aslo in between zone before you get fat that some guys prefer and no guy will hold you back for. Once you get to a level where you do look fat, it does hurt your chances and makes your face look less attractive. This is sort of in the same way that girls don't like fat guys. But a toned girl has a higher chance of making up for her less than natural facial aesthetics than perhaps a guy does.

It sounds like you are in that 'in between' zone. I'm sure it would help your attractiveness and other aspects of your life if you lifted weights twice a week, did a bit of cardio and looked after your diet... but don't obsess over it! Hope that helps. :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by Anonymous

I am about 5'4 and around 10stone, i am by no means fat but i feel like my stomach and thighs make me look horrible.

The only reason I hate my weight is because i dont feel confident especially because i will be going on holiday with all my friends etcetc.

In my experience, women actually care about looks more than men do. It's just something I've noticed. I've also noticed far more overweight women with skinny guys, than skinny girls with overweight guys. Normally an overweight guy ends up with a larger girl.

So, my answer to your question would be: some do, some don't. But, I think they care far less about weight on women, than women do with men.
Yes. No guy wants to go harpooning.
Reply 11
Original post by Anonymous

You are being too self conscious :wink:, there is nothing wrong with your weight, and I find girls with curves to be quite attractive. The boys will be flocking to ya, have fun on your holiday :smile:
I'm 5'5 and around 7st so can't really imagine your body shape, what dress size are you? Maybe you'd feel more confident if you got an aerobics DVD and cleaned up your diet a bit, you feeling more confident would have as big an impact on your attractiveness as losing a little body fat and toning a little.
Original post by BCcfc92
Not weight, but muscle/fat. Guys do like a toned look but there is aslo in between zone before you get fat that some guys prefer and no guy will hold you back for. Once you get to a level where you do look fat, it does hurt your chances and makes your face look less attractive. This is sort of in the same way that girls don't like fat guys. But a toned girl has a higher chance of making up for her less than natural facial aesthetics than perhaps a guy does.

It sounds like you are in that 'in between' zone. I'm sure it would help your attractiveness and other aspects of your life if you lifted weights twice a week, did a bit of cardio and looked after your diet... but don't obsess over it! Hope that helps. :smile:

I've never thought tone was attractive, I find it less feminine. I like my girls soft (that isn't a nice word for fat!).

I think guys care about weight, but not in the same way girls do. Girls will obsess about a few pounds that guys won't even notice. Guys will only really care, on the whole, if a girl is genuinely fat.
BMI wise 5ft5 and 10 stone gives you 23-23.5

That is in the normal range. It is hard to say how you look without pictures, but if it is just the weight you are worried about there is a good chance your concerns aren't justified:smile:
It matters to some extent, but only if it goes so far that you seem fat / unhealthy. Generally curvy is good, and much better than being a stick.
Reply 16
Idk, I think it depends on the man... I know a fella who likes curvy girls (chunky thighs, bit of a belly and a bum) but then I know men who go for athletic types.
Reply 17
Original post by McMurdo
In my experience, women actually care about looks more than men do. It's just something I've noticed. I've also noticed far more overweight women with skinny guys, than skinny girls with overweight guys. Normally an overweight guy ends up with a larger girl.

So, my answer to your question would be: some do, some don't. But, I think they care far less about weight on women, than women do with men.

That's because they are counterparts. A skinny girl's counterpart would be a muscly guy but overweight women are on the same part of the dating scale (didn't know what term to use) as a skinny guy because they are equally as undesirable/desirable.

I think the ideal weight for a girl who is 5'4 is around 45-55kg but that's my opinion of course.
Yeah. I prefer a girl to be on the heavier side :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
Original post by Jebedee
That's because they are counterparts. A skinny girl's counterpart would be a muscly guy but overweight women are on the same part of the dating scale (didn't know what term to use) as a skinny guy because they are equally as undesirable/desirable.

I think the ideal weight for a girl who is 5'4 is around 45-55kg but that's my opinion of course.

Well, if that's the case, then it's harder for men as women have more expectations :P ... To not be overweight and, then, preferably, also muscular.

And 50 kilos is half my weight... so about 8 stone. Yeah, I'd say that's a good weight. Though, I think even 10stone for 5ft4 would be fine.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending