The Student Room Group

Economics applicant thread UCAS 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by J_95
just got an open day invitation for the L101 course at UCL!! So happy!!

Congrats man :smile: do you by any chance know how places are available at Columbia University for the course?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anyone got an open day for the L100 course to UCL? I'm still waiting and I've sent mine on the 15th November.
Reply 2942
I sent mine off on the 15th of October and still haven't heard anything, apart from them requesting module grades
Original post by Jamessmith14
Hello, got on invitation to UCL open day for L101, just wondering is this a guarantee of an offer or does it depend whether you stand out on the open day. also should a suit be worn?

I'm sure it guarantees you an offer as long as you attend. No suit. It's informal at best. Just a series of talks by various people like admissions, a lecturer, accomodation etc.

They basically try sell UCL to you.
Reply 2944
Original post by Rafael_96
Congrats man :smile: do you by any chance know how places are available at Columbia University for the course?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks! nope, sorry I don't. Is Columbia the one you want to go in your third year?
Original post by J_95
Thanks! nope, sorry I don't. Is Columbia the one you want to go in your third year?

Columbia yes, such a beast university. If I do get accepted (please god) then either Columbia or UCLA considering all my family lives in Los Angeles and I want to move there after graduation.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone going to any of the Nottingham economics days? I've decided to go just so that I don't end up asking 'what if...' two years down the line if I am at Bath.
UCL is such a tease, why oh why are you making me wait
Reply 2948
Original post by ellenabethx

Warwick is even worse- I feel your pain!
Original post by ellenabethx

If you're so confident on getting an offer then why should it matter when you get it?
has anyone heard from st andrews or the university or leeds?
they are the only two im waiting on, im a tad impatient.
Got offer from Aberdeen. I want to make Nottingham as firm choice, but for insurance what you guys would suggest? Sussex or Aberdeen? :smile:
Original post by Liquid Gold.
If you're so confident on getting an offer then why should it matter when you get it?

I'm not, I'm terrified I'm getting rejected that's why I said they were they making me wait, meaning a decision....
Reply 2953
Original post by RachelRose
has anyone heard from st andrews or the university or leeds?
they are the only two im waiting on, im a tad impatient.

I got an offer from Leeds on the 21st Jan - I sent my UCAS off on the 6th December
Reply 2954
Original post by Pro Crastination
Anyone going to any of the Nottingham economics days? I've decided to go just so that I don't end up asking 'what if...' two years down the line if I am at Bath.

I'm going on the 22nd March :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ross95
I'm going on the 22nd March :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Awesome! Although, I'm going on the 8th :/ I kind of wish we did TSR meet ups at these things :3
(edited 10 years ago)
Has anyone had any offers from warwick to do straight economics? Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cardigansandjeans
Has anyone had any offers from warwick to do straight economics? Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes A*AAa or A*AAB. Applied in Oct & heard in November
Original post by Yllasjarvi
Yes A*AAa or A*AAB. Applied in Oct & heard in November

What did you get at AS and what are you predicted if you don't mind me asking?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cardigansandjeans
What did you get at AS and what are you predicted if you don't mind me asking?

Posted from TSR Mobile

AAAA at AS, UMS 92% but haven't done Further M. Predicted A*A*AA

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending