The Student Room Group

Msc Occupational Therapy (pre-reg) applicants 2014 entry

Scroll to see replies

Hi Fiona

I've got my interview on the 12th June which I think is the last round! I believe places have already been offered and I know how competitive it is
Reply 181
Good luck Morris!
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Kelz88
Anyone accepted a place on the MSc OT at Cumbria?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Have you had your Cumbria interview already? I have one on the 18th, so maybe they will wait until they've done them all??
Original post by Laurynj1992
has anyone applied for leeds met, sheffield hallam or northumbria for the new year?

I know you posted this a while ago - but I've applied for all three (plus others)! I have an interview in July for Northumbria which is quite exciting!

Have you heard anything from anyone yet? :smile:
Reply 184
Original post by KathGudge
Have you had your Cumbria interview already? I have one on the 18th, so maybe they will wait until they've done them all??

Yeah had mine at the start of the year... And accepted my place on course. :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 185
Anyone starting on the MSc OT at Essex in Septemeber? :-)
Reply 186
Hi, has anyone had an interview for sheffield hallam or cumbria? ive got both coming up in the next two weeks.anyone know what kind of things they ask/what it would be good to read up on before you go. any help would be much appreciated! thanks!
Reply 187
I am :smile: Has you been offered your firm offer yet? My doctor took ages to sign my health declaration but sent it off a week ago and still not had the firm offer! I want to get on and apply for accomodation! Where are you thinking of living? x
Reply 188
I have it was just a group task. I got feedback the next day saying that I did not get a place so you find out quickly. I am not too upset though as I already have a place. Make sure you talk about Problem based learning.....I forgot to! x
Reply 189
Original post by Purds88
I am :smile: Has you been offered your firm offer yet? My doctor took ages to sign my health declaration but sent it off a week ago and still not had the firm offer! I want to get on and apply for accomodation! Where are you thinking of living? x

My doctor took forever too! I only accepted the firm offer a week ago and I think they are more relaxed with the timelines than they initially said :-) I'm thinking of trying to find other postgrads either there already or starting in September and do a house share. Where are you thinking of? :-)
Reply 190
Original post by SoozeP
My doctor took forever too! I only accepted the firm offer a week ago and I think they are more relaxed with the timelines than they initially said :-) I'm thinking of trying to find other postgrads either there already or starting in September and do a house share. Where are you thinking of? :-)

I want to do that for 2nd year but I just got halls to start off with. Too much stuff to sort out as it is!
hey, I'm interested in doing Occupational Therapy too :smile:

I've just graduated uni with a 2:1 in sport science, but studying modules in Exercise Testing & Prescription for Health and Psychology made me realise I want to go into a career where I can help people :smile:

However, I know this is a heavily female dominated area, and I'm actually nervous/intimidated by this lol! Does anyone know of any guys who do this?
Reply 192
Original post by jimbles
hey, I'm interested in doing Occupational Therapy too :smile:

I've just graduated uni with a 2:1 in sport science, but studying modules in Exercise Testing & Prescription for Health and Psychology made me realise I want to go into a career where I can help people :smile:

However, I know this is a heavily female dominated area, and I'm actually nervous/intimidated by this lol! Does anyone know of any guys who do this?

I work in a mental health hosptial and there are loads of male OTs............you get male patients so you need male OTs. Your probs more likely to be employed because there are less males x
Hey All. I was wondering if you could help me. I graduated in 2009 with a law degree which I've not used. I've decided I'd like to work in healthcare and in considering the pre-reg OT course or the three year degree in OT. Will I be considered for the pre-reg as my first degree is completely unrelated providing I get shadowing experience? If it is accepted is it worth doing a healthcare diploma or physiology / biology course before undertaking this pre reg course? I've Googled and ITEC level 3 physiology and anatomy course has come up..but unsure if I would need this? Or ive looked at doing a part time human health and physiology GCSE . Or would these be pointless? Any help would be much appreciated :-)
(edited 9 years ago)
Guys may I ask what the interviews were like? What did they ask etc? Just want to begin my interview prep ready for any potential interviews I may have :smile: thanks :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi Guys, does anybody know how long Teeside University take to get back to you with regards to your application? Even more helpful if you know when they get back to you about 2015 January MSc entry? :smile:
Original post by jimbles
Hi Guys, does anybody know how long Teeside University take to get back to you with regards to your application? Even more helpful if you know when they get back to you about 2015 January MSc entry? :smile:

After waiting months, they finally sent me their decision for MSc pre reg 2015 entry last week for physiotherapy, so I wouldnt expect you have too much longer to wait :smile:
Original post by Ellenafarrow14
After waiting months, they finally sent me their decision for MSc pre reg 2015 entry last week for physiotherapy, so I wouldnt expect you have too much longer to wait :smile:

Okay, did they interview you too? How long did they take to get back to you regarding doing an interview? And if so, how did it go? I know you're on a different course but I'm interested to hear :smile:
Original post by jimbles
Okay, did they interview you too? How long did they take to get back to you regarding doing an interview? And if so, how did it go? I know you're on a different course but I'm interested to hear :smile:

Yeah I was offered the interview about 2 weeks after I applied but that was back in April and I've only just heard, I got an offer but missed my 2:1 by 3% so I can't go. Will end up on a 3 year course next year probably
Original post by Ellenafarrow14
Yeah I was offered the interview about 2 weeks after I applied but that was back in April and I've only just heard, I got an offer but missed my 2:1 by 3% so I can't go. Will end up on a 3 year course next year probably

Ah fair enough. I'm hoping the turn around for this will be very quick, considering that it starts in January and that's just 4 months away. Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear you just missed your 2:1 :frown: mind you, I have a friend who got a 2:1 and they still only offered her a three year course for physiotherapy.

Best of luck with everything

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending