The Student Room Group

Lost the love of my life.

So, i am going to be short and sweet. Me and my ex had been together for 2 years, she is all i have known at Uni, and we had always sort of dated, she liked me from the moment she saw me, but i can't say the feeling was mutual.

In the 2nd year of Uni we started officially going out in September, however in December i cheated on her (kiss, and the girl groped me). I did this because i felt forced into the relationship due to moving in with her and i didnt love her, please, this is not an excuse btw, i dont have any.

Fast forward 1 year and all things were good, i had fallen head first for this girl and she meant everything to me. However, there were a few issues i had, i felt sort of lonely, we hardly had sex, she always thought she was right about everything, and anything i had to say about our relationship that meant alot to me went over her head.

Come December again, i cheated again, with the same girl as the year before, however only a kiss this time. She found this out and ended it obviously.

She has always said she only ever wanted to be with me, and one day get married, we talked about the future alot.

We have been living together since January and she has just today moved to New York for 6 months for an internship. I can handle being apart from her, but i can't handle the fact i know the type of guys that will hit on her, types of guys that i simply cannot compete with in any way shape or form.

I love this girl, like i really do, i know some of you on here will have someone special so i hope you understand. It has taken loosing her for me to wake up and realise how much i care for this person, she is my absolute everything and i dont want to be with anyone else, i truly believe we have something special and i dont want to lose that.

Does anyone think i have any chance of ever getting her back?

Scroll to see replies

No, you cheated twice.

Move on.
Reply 2
I've just been through a break up and it's hard as **** and although I've never cheated, I know I made mistakes. We broke up for distance reasons and so forth, still think about her everyday i suppose but I also get the nice thought that for some reason we wern't actually meant to be together and that even though I love her, I also believe in her and in the future she'll be happy. We're young bro, everythings changes. Let yourself be sad because that's alright sometimes as long as if it doesn't control you. Have hope and an open heart man and I promise you'll be fine.
Reply 3
Original post by RobinPH
I've just been through a break up and it's hard as **** and although I've never cheated, I know I made mistakes. We broke up for distance reasons and so forth, still think about her everyday i suppose but I also get the nice thought that for some reason we wern't actually meant to be together and that even though I love her, I also believe in her and in the future she'll be happy. We're young bro, everythings changes. Let yourself be sad because that's alright sometimes as long as if it doesn't control you. Have hope and an open heart man and I promise you'll be fine.

Thanks mate, i know ive been an absolute **** to her and that'd she'd be mad to get back with me, but like you i genuinely want her to be happy and carefree again, even if that means shes with someone else.
Reply 4
You cheated on her not only once, but twice and with the same girl.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 5
You're a morality free zone, as the saying goes..
You don't deserve her and I lack sympathy for cheaters. I think you should try to move on and let her be

Check out TSR Movie Madness
You ****ed up, deal with it.
Lol I don't sympathise OP. Clean up your act, you totally deserved what you got.
Reply 9
Original post by Neckbeard Fedora
Lol I don't sympathise OP. Clean up your act, you totally deserved what you got.

I dont want sympathy. I want a hard time, i want to learn and to know i will never do this again. Honestly gutted. Just wanted to know what i should do really
Reply 10
You suck OP. You've probably ****ed it up for her next guy too, now that she's probably gonna have some serious trust issues.
Why don't you try hooking up with the girl you cheated on your ex with? You must have really liked her a lot to go running back to her twice.

Your ex deserves a lot better than someone who has cheated on her.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Yasmin25
Why don't you try hooking up with the girl you cheated on your ex with? You must have really liked her a lot to go running back to her twice.

Your ex deserves a lot better than someone who has cheated on her.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Because i never liked the girl, she just showed interest when i needed to feel wanted an my girlfriend didnt.

I dont want anything to do with her.
No sympathy. You cheated. Deal with it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Tell her you love her or show it to her. Go to New York.
Original post by RHyoudon'kno
Tell her you love her or show it to her. Go to New York.

I would love to, but i respect her need for space.
No, you cheated.
You say you love this girl and you cheat on her twice. Love must mean something different these days.
Your actions are more important than what you say. You can't say you love someone and then lust in action with another girl. It doesn't match.

You don't deserve to have a girl like her.

Why should you stop her from fulfilling the future with somebody who will truly love her and treat her right?

Clearly you didn't learn from your first mistake.

Let her go and move on.

Posted from TSR Mobile
You're probably upset because you realised she is out of your league and you will never get a girl like her again,I came to this conclusion because you said guys are hitting on her that you cant compete with. I highly doubt it was something special to you if you cheated on her. Just forget about her because you don't have much of a chance.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending