The Student Room Group

POLL: Do you get along with your own gender?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ArtGoblin
This is as bad as some of the stuff the TSR misogynists come out with. I don't even know how to respond to this - it is so hard to argue against blind prejudice. I just feel sorry for you really - you're missing out with being friends with some amazing people just because they're women.

How is it misogynistic in the slightest to say that in my own experience, groups of women are nasty to me?

No I'm not! Like I said I don't have a problem being friends with women. It is just that it has worked out that it never works with female groups, it is a pattern.

I love how I'm the issue. The one everyone's being a dick to?! Yeah, it's her fault! :rolleyes:
Original post by thechemistress
Almost all of my friends are girls as I go to an all-girls' school. However, I do think I would get on better with guys. I'm not an emotional person, and generally hate talking about my feelings etc. I also get extremely annoyed at people who are overly-dramatic or attention-seeking, and I've found that a lot of girls are (unintentionally). I hate having to read meaning into people's actions because girls just aren't clear. I hate shopping, dresses and shoes and my lack of enthusiasm for prom was potentially world record worthy.
Basically, I'm a really chill person (generally) and I feel like guys would be easier to be chill with. A lot of my interests would correspond with guys too- I like gaming, marvel universe (not DC, plz.), comics, sci-fi, science etc. I also have a nastily dirty sense of humour, something that does shock a lot of girls.

Was going to suggest being friends until I saw that :hand:
Original post by redferry
Teenage girls are the scum of the earth, a fair amount grow out of it and go on to become loveley people though.

Unless you've met all teenage girls in the world, your statement is completely untrue. Generalising is never a good thing.
And I would prefer to not be referred to as 'scum of the earth', thank you very much.
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
Was going to suggest being friends until I saw that :hand:

:lol:

I'm sorry, but DC only has one thing going for it imo- Batman.
In my circle, it's even. Four guys, four girls. Outside of my circle, most of my friends are blokes. I find girls easier to be close to though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
:lol:

I'm sorry, but DC only has one thing going for it imo- Batman.

But Batman is the ****. How can you not like DC after watching this?

How is it misogynistic in the slightest to say that in my own experience, groups of women are nasty to me?

No I'm not! Like I said I don't have a problem being friends with women. It is just that it has worked out that it never works with female groups, it is a pattern.

I love how I'm the issue. The one everyone's being a dick to?! Yeah, it's her fault! :rolleyes:

"Groups of women aren't interesting to me"; "I'm only friends with "guy girls"; "women don't share my interests" etc. Look at the language you are using! You're implying that men's interests are superior and that you are better than other women because you're not like them. You're special because you're like a guy. Don't hurt me patriarchy, I'm one of you really! You have female friends, but you're casting them as the exception so that you can maintain the illusion that you're better than the rest of us.

If you're not in school anymore and everyone is a dick to you, sorry, but there's probably a reason for it. I knew a woman at university who had different housemates in every year, and they all ended up hating her. If it's happening all the time, there's probably something that people find unpleasant about you.
Original post by ArtGoblin
"Groups of women aren't interesting to me"; "I'm only friends with "guy girls"; "women don't share my interests" etc. Look at the language you are using! You're implying that men's interests are superior and that you are better than other women because you're not like them. You're special because you're like a guy. Don't hurt me patriarchy, I'm one of you really! You have female friends, but you're casting them as the exception so that you can maintain the illusion that you're better than the rest of us.

If you're not in school anymore and everyone is a dick to you, sorry, but there's probably a reason for it. I knew a woman at university who had different housemates in every year, and they all ended up hating her. If it's happening all the time, there's probably something that people find unpleasant about you.

No I'm not implying mens interests are superior. God, you're reading stuff that isn't there! Women who get along with guys, maybe I should have said that rather than "guy girls"? Because that's what I meant. I also don't think I'm better than other women. I just think that we are different. Neither is better or worse.

Not everyone, literally just groups of women. Everyone else is fine. I always get on with men really well, and "alternative" women (is that gender neutral enough for you? :rolleyes:). It's literally groups of young women, usually insecure ones, that I find really bitchy.

Nowhere have I said all women. Nowhere have I said you. Stop feeling attacked

Lol. Feminists are so WOAT. Don't worry, you're allowed to generally not get on with women. But I'm probably a misogynist or some rubbish, so don't listen to me, 'cos I'm the patriarchy in full effect. Or something. But seriously, I understand getting along with the opposite gender more. For me, it's hard to get on with guys on a heavily personal level. They're just not as receptive to deeper conversation.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I get on with guys and girls but I'd rather be a part of a large mixed group mainly because both genders have their pros.
I get along with both genders, pretty much equally. Generalising hugely, I find the girls that I will hang around with tend to be more compassionate and caring, which is why I prefer girls as confidants; but I generally prefer being and hanging around with guys, simply as we understand each other more. Needless to say, there are many guys that are my confidants, and many girls that are just nice to have as company.
Original post by Skratch My Itch
Lol. Feminists are so WOAT. Don't worry, you're allowed to generally not get on with women. But I'm probably a misogynist or some rubbish, so don't listen to me, 'cos I'm the patriarchy in full effect. Or something. But seriously, I understand getting along with the opposite gender more. For me, it's hard to get on with guys on a heavily personal level. They're just not as receptive to deeper conversation.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I define myself as a feminist but this is ****ing ridiculous, apparently I'm misogynistic for not getting on with women when the reason I don't get on with them is because we on the whole have different interests? :rolleyes: It's ridiculous

I just prefer doing things that it seems more guys do than women
Well, I don't really have much of a choice in the matter since I go to an all girls school, don't catch the bus and I am not one of those people who goes to sports clubs etc. enough to get invited to events involving both genders all the time. I do find that girls can be two-faced and sometimes the conversation topics surprise me into silence. The jealousy and sometimes the shallow/ superficial things they can talk about do irritate me.
I define myself as a feminist but this is ****ing ridiculous, apparently I'm misogynistic for not getting on with women when the reason I don't get on with them is because we on the whole have different interests? :rolleyes: It's ridiculous

But you're assuming things about nearly half the people on the planet. Like that they're boring and bitchy. You don't know all women so you can't say you don't get on with them.

Plus, I have different interests to a lot of my friends - doesn't mean I don't love them to pieces.
Original post by SmallTownGirl
But you're assuming things about nearly half the people on the planet. Like that they're boring and bitchy. You don't know all women so you can't say you don't get on with them.

Plus, I have different interests to a lot of my friends - doesn't mean I don't love them to pieces.

I'm not saying all women at all. Just that in my experience, women in all female groups tend to be bitchy. I've explicitly said loads of times that some women are fine
But Batman is the ****. How can you not like DC after watching this?

Oh my word, that was hilarious xD

But come on, Aquaman? Green Lantern? Actually, I take that back. Green Lantern is pretty badass, but the movie made him look puny af xD

And my hatred for Superman knows no limits. So I'm afraid DC is just not my jam xD
Oh my word, that was hilarious xD

But come on, Aquaman? Green Lantern? Actually, I take that back. Green Lantern is pretty badass, but the movie made him look puny af xD

And my hatred for Superman knows no limits. So I'm afraid DC is just not my jam xD

I used to dislike Superman until I started reading some graphics and I actually quite like him.

P.S, watch ERB superman vs Goku, he gets owned :lol:

I really don't see why you would want to associate with that bunch. I just support equal rights. As everyone should. But yeah, it is ridiculous. A large amount of feminists pick anything out as misogynistic. Yesterday, I was getting on the bus with some mates. One of them, a girl, was the only one behind me. I generally let people get on before so I asked "you wanna go?" and she said "No, I'm a feminist." REALLY? WHAT THE ****? I WAS BEING POLITE FOR GOD'S SAKE, NOT SEXIST. And yet I have a crush on that girl. LOL. (I'm sure you don't care about that fact, but hey.) But yeah. Better for you to friends with blokes who have similar interests than girls you don't.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Skratch My Itch
I really don't see why you would want to associate with that bunch. I just support equal rights. As everyone should. But yeah, it is ridiculous. A large amount of feminists pick anything out as misogynistic. Yesterday, I was getting on the bus with some mates. One of them, a girl, was the only one behind me. I generally let people get on before so I asked "you wanna go?" and she said "No, I'm a feminist." REALLY? WHAT THE ****? I WAS BEING POLITE FOR GOD'S SAKE, NOT SEXIST. And yet I have a crush on that girl. LOL. (I'm sure you don't care about that fact, but hey.) But yeah. Better for you to friends with blokes who have similar interests than girls you don't.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I support equal rights too, I usually define as feminist so that people are aware that feminism is (or SHOULD BE) about equal rights, and not extremists. Yeah that is stupid. I hold the door for anyone male or female, because it's polite.

I wish we didn't even have to have "isms" - why can't people just not be dicks?
I used to dislike Superman until I started reading some graphics and I actually quite like him.

P.S, watch ERB superman vs Goku, he gets owned :lol:

I've read a few of my brother's comics. I must say, he is a lot better than in movies xD

Just watched it, Goku is still the boss xD Seriously, Goku was my ultimate childhood crush. It's a shame DBZ has got so **** now :/

Have you seen Hulk vs. Superman? Bro and I were discussing the logistics of it- still not entirely sure how the hulk survived xD

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending