The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by thechemistress
Yeah, I saw that on Buzzfeed. It was kind of sad to know that I'm least desirable :/

I know :frown: Its also annoying how we are constantly reminded how unattractive we are, whether it be by the media... even the tsr has multiple threads stating how 'ugly' we are
Original post by TheBBQ
This
Bitches be shallow

At least they're loyal though, right?

Please tell me them hoes are loyal :frown:
I'm 5'3 myself so.. you know, never say never
Original post by xoflower
I know :frown: Its also annoying how we are constantly reminded how unattractive we are, whether it be by the media... even the tsr has multiple threads stating how 'ugly' we are

Tell me about it.
Reply 84
Original post by UniMastermindBOSS
At least they're loyal though, right?

Please tell me them hoes are loyal :frown:

Afraid not m8 :frown:

These hoes ain't loyal
Reply 85

Same for us Asian guys tbh
Sadly, most girls don't want a short guy even if he had a good personality... especially one below the average height for a woman. 5ft6-5ft8 is short for a guy but not bad since they are taller than most girls.

There are loads of reasons: women want to feel feminine, people would comment on height, social norms, plenty of women don't want short kids.

Also, height is something that girls find very important when it comes to finding men attractive, for me its probably 60% important when it comes to appearance, then 20% decent face, 20% healthy body.

Good points raised! Never fight your biology you will always lose.

Gosh, yeah. I mean, I already feel bad enough about myself as it is- don't make it worse :/ It just really sucks :/

I hate how I have to actively break out of my stereotype. Whenever people see me, they assume I'm going to be loud and obnoxious. The shock on their faces when they hear me speak is very amusing (I have a south-east England english accent and my voice is quite quiet), if not a tad annoying. They assume I'm stupid, so are always surprised when they ask about my predicted grades and my future aspirations.
people can't help what they find attractive. I'm not attracted to anyone who has a large figure or too tall or short. Do I think i'm shallow? no.
Original post by Changing Skies
Oh and you know that how? I'm 5ft 4, an inch does not bother me.

:wink:
I clicked 'No' because I'm taller than that and I wear heels a lot, but then I realised a couple of years ago, I really liked a guy who is about 5ft3, so I guess the answer would in fact be 'yes'.
Reply 91

this is TSR, typically white and middle class. In the real world, I find that a lot of white guys actually like black girls but luckily I don't obsess over white flesh.
I don't get everyone saying "why is it preference when it's about race but shallow when it's about height?". It's usually the other way around. :lol:
Reply 93
yes because I'm 5 ft 2 myself and don't wear heels that often
Original post by TheBBQ
Same for us Asian guys tbh

I know, it makes me so angry! I blame this on Eurocentric standards of beauty that is shoved down us at a young age.
Original post by LakAnne
this is TSR, typically white and middle class. In the real world, I find that a lot of white guys actually like black girls but luckily I don't obsess over white flesh.

I'm not sure about that. I always here them say how unattractive we are.
Original post by thechemistress
Gosh, yeah. I mean, I already feel bad enough about myself as it is- don't make it worse :/ It just really sucks :/

I hate how I have to actively break out of my stereotype. Whenever people see me, they assume I'm going to be loud and obnoxious. The shock on their faces when they hear me speak is very amusing (I have a south-east England english accent and my voice is quite quiet), if not a tad annoying. They assume I'm stupid, so are always surprised when they ask about my predicted grades and my future aspirations.

Same, my confidence is not to great these days... due to something I can't control.

I find it annoying when people are shocked that black people can actually be educated! Also, I find that as a black girl that I can't show anger or annoyance or I will fit the stereotype of an ''angry black woman''... its so annoying. There are so many things white women will get away with, that we cant!
Reply 97
I'm not sure about that. I always here them say how unattractive we are.

well I'm just saying TSR is biased and that quite a few white guys actually approach black girls since I've left school and now at work I get more attention from white guys than black guys.
Same, my confidence is not to great these days... due to something I can't control.

I find it annoying when people are shocked that black people can actually be educated! Also, I find that as a black girl that I can't show anger or annoyance or I will fit the stereotype of an ''angry black woman''... its so annoying. There are so many things white women will get away with, that we cant!

Yeah. Why do they assume that we're stupid/lacking an education?
Oh my word, the angry black woman thing is so true. It's so incredibly annoying. If I even show the tiniest bit of annoyance, I'm stereotyped. I just want to be able to engage in a heated debate with somebody without somebody going 'oh, there goes another one of those agressive black women'
Original post by LakAnne
well I'm just saying TSR is biased and that quite a few white guys actually approach black girls since I've left school and now at work I get more attention from white guys than black guys.

Thats good :smile:

I think its sad how black guys don't like black girls

Latest

Trending

Trending