The Student Room Group

Keeping people on facebook that you don't like

Long story short, I try to keep my facebook as compact as possible, but I am in a bit of dilemma.

I have a fair amount of people, who I just don't like. Their attitude towards me seems to be quite negative in the sense, that whenever I send them a facebook message, or left a comment on their status updates, they would ignore me, irrespective on if I had asked a question or not.

Line of work means that I need to keep to these people on for the sake of marketing, especially if they are popular. But yeah...get the impression that they don't think much of me.

The question is though, should I bother? Or should I just remove them?
Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer?
Well, if you are "using" them for marketing, maybe it's understandable that they don't think much of you?

I know a few people like that, too (keeping me as a friend just for marketing), and I ignore them for the most part, too.
One personal account, one work related?
Original post by Anonymous
Long story short, I try to keep my facebook as compact as possible, but I am in a bit of dilemma.

I have a fair amount of people, who I just don't like. Their attitude towards me seems to be quite negative in the sense, that whenever I send them a facebook message, or left a comment on their status updates, they would ignore me, irrespective on if I had asked a question or not.

Line of work means that I need to keep to these people on for the sake of marketing, especially if they are popular. But yeah...get the impression that they don't think much of me.

The question is though, should I bother? Or should I just remove them?

id just keep them, you can unsubscribe from their posts though so you still have them as a friend but dont need to see any of the crap they post. and id stop making the effort if they arent reciprocating. focus on people who matter :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by ihavemooedtoday
Well, if you are "using" them for marketing, maybe it's understandable that they don't think much of you?

I know a few people like that, too (keeping me as a friend just for marketing), and I ignore them for the most part, too.

The reason why I dislike them is because of their attitude towards me, I am not rude to any of these people. They tend to have an arrogant vibe about them because they are doing well, so act like I am not worthy of their time for the most part.

I would remove these people, but at the same time, what holds me back is the fact that they are doing well, have a lot of contacts and may prove useful at some point. Then again - I am not even sure if they will help when the time comes. :s-smilie:...remains to be seen, I guess.

True what they say, it's not what you know, it's who you know.
Reply 6
Original post by Chocolatesoup
id just keep them, you can unsubscribe from their posts though so you still have them as a friend but dont need to see any of the crap they post. and id stop making the effort if they arent reciprocating. focus on people who matter :smile:

Yeah that's what I am trying to do.

I guess the idea that they can see what I am up to as we are Facebook friends, just feels a bit intrusive.

Oh well, can't have everything your way I guess.
Reply 7
If it's someone you see a lot in everyday life but you just don't get on with very well, deleting them can come across as unnecessarily spiteful.

However I don't hesitate to delete people who genuinely offend me a lot either by mistreating me/not acknowledging me in person etc. I walked up to a guy about a month ago who'd added me on facebook so I said to him "Hey, you added me on facebook" haha...Anyway he completely denied it but I knew it was him...So he was swiftly deleted :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending