The Student Room Group

illusionz' ICF blog

Scroll to see replies

Pleasing session even though felt tired after work

DL 192.5 x 5 PB

DB Press
30 x 4+f PB as never tried 30s before
28 3x5, 4+assisted, 5

No idea why I failed a rep of 4th set. Probs didn't rest long enough.

Rows -10%
80 5x5

Dips + 18kg
3x8, 5 PB 3x8 was the PB, felt good so tried a 4th set, died.

Hammer incline curls
16kg 3x8
12kg x 8 with slow negative. Biceps pumped and fried

DB french press 30 x 10, 8, 8
Did this as dips were a bit more chest heavy today. Hope this won't impact on attempted bench PB on friday. I subconsciously lean forwards when it's hard and use chest more. Might drop down to 16s and keep it strict on triceps next time

Had 2 different people ask me about deadlifts today, saying it looked easy. Feels good man.
(edited 9 years ago)
crap tonight. triceps still genuinely sore from wednesday, bench was crap as a result.

no spotter for bench so just did roll of shame when failed. Bench in use when arrived to warmed up with DB incline.
16, 20, 24, 26, 30 x 5

then bb bench

85 x 5, 4+f
82.5 x 4+f
80x 5, 4

Then inclinc DB 30 5x5

barbell in use so did wide grip pulldowns for back, various weights and sets

shrugs 112.5 3x8

gym shut earlier than expected cos friday, caught me out. But no arm work a good thing because need to recover.
Deadlift
195 x 5 PB

DB Shoulder Press
30s x 5, 5, 4 PB
28s x 5, 5, 5

Row -10%
80 2x5
Easy
Did 3x6 for final 3 sets.

Dips + 20kg
8, 7, 6, 6 PB

Hammer incline curls
16s x 9, 10, 9 PB
12s x 8 with slow negatives

Good session. Lots of PBs. The 200x5 deadlift isn't far off. Also getting to good dip strength now with total weight being 111kg for 8, 7, 6 6.

Pleased.
You have it in you for 200kg x 5 I think

Your pressing strength your pressing strength is the same as mine was when I stopped.. Awesome work :top:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Was bored on rest day. Mate texts me asking if I want to do chest with him... say yes :biggrin: Had 4.5h sleep last night then an 11 hour shift at work today. Plus heavy shoulder/dip work yesterday. Hardly ideal preparation but didn't really think about this till I was at the gym. Anyway

Bench
85 x 5, 5, 4+assisted
82.5 x 5, 4+assisted

Incline DB Bench
30x 4x6

Bulgarian split squats 30s 3x8 each leg

Home. Will do rest of workout A tomorrow and then be back in line with usual.

Reasonable bench today given the circumstances - think I've gotten a bit stronger. Want to get 5x5 on 85, or at least 4x5, 5+f before moving to 87.5 as feel was overly ambitious last time.
srs all kinds of gains

you've been a strong, but successful bulk.

height, and weight?
I'm pretty much 90kg these days. 91kg just now but just had huge plate of pasta/shake/water etc.

Am between 5'11" and 6'.
damn son you have 20 kilos on me

Also ramadan is over in a week, back on the bench :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Squirb
damn son you have 20 kilos on me

Also ramadan is over in a week, back on the bench :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

You'll probs sail past me again :frown:

At least I have a lower body :tongue:
Original post by illusionz
You'll probs sail past me again :frown:

At least I have a lower body :tongue:

Doubt it, feel a plateau coming soon

OH YOU WENT THERE

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by illusionz

Spoiler

I look like this pic when tensed.

genetics of peace?
probs one of the most successful bulks I've seen on TSR. what was starting weight/current weight and over how long?
Original post by AreebWithaHat
probs one of the most successful bulks I've seen on TSR. what was starting weight/current weight and over how long?

Looking at first post I was 84kg back on Jan 21st. Haven't counted calories at all mind - could have made it more efficient by doing so I'm sure. Also that wasn't a fasted weight - just weighed myself in the evening when I made the blog. Didn't realise how much weight fluctuated throughout the day back then.
(edited 9 years ago)
went last night to finish the rest of the stuff I didn't do monday.

Rows 5x5 85kg

Shrugs
115kg 8
110kg 8, 8 - form felt much better taking 5kg off

Dips
+ 22kg 8, 8, 6 PB
+18kg 6
BW 10, 8

Hammer incline curls
Can't remember sets but did a few on 16s and 14s
Original post by Angry cucumber
You have it in you for 200kg x 5 I think

Smashed it mate
Deadlift
200kg x 5 PEE ****ING BEE

Also got 190x1 without straps during my warm up. Was easy. I guess all the heavy shrugs have paid off grip wise. I don't know whether to go for a working set without straps and risk failure or just keep on as I am.

DB OHP
3x 3+f....
Thought perhaps didn't rest enough after warmups. 5 minutes later
30 3+f, straight into 28s 3+f

Then did 3 sets of 5 on 28s, final set of 5 on 26s. Don't know if arms just feeling weak, not recovered from tuesday or if the deadlifts just used all my energy.

I've decided my rear delts are lagging. So did some facepulls. No idea what weight to use so played around a bit.
21x10
27x10
36x10
41x10
36x10

Row -10%
80 5x5

Dips + 22kg 5 + dropped DB by accident, 8, 7, 5

Hammer incline curls
16s 3x10 PB
(edited 9 years ago)
And no vids

son I am disappoint
DAS IT MANE. DAS IT.

I told you you could do it! You have won the noob gains :biggrin:

Delighted for you

Original post by tehforum
And no vids

son I am disappoint

Says the hermit who refuses to show vids :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
DAS IT MANE. DAS IT.

Delighted for you

Says the hermit who refuses to show vids :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

you want to see a 100kg squat from a few months back?

if people ask, people get privately.
DAS IT MANE. DAS IT.

Delighted for you

Cheers bro. I am starting to think that the days of linear progression are numbered though (well I'm not even doing LP any more, but training the frequency that I am). Bench and press progress has slowed a fair bit recently. Gonna keep going for another few weeks then perhaps move on to an intermediate program. My upper back was still a bit sore today from rows on tuesday, and deadlifting this heavy every 4 days is not that sustainable I think.

Also am starting to think a few areas are lagging, eg upper chest and rear delts.

However this is complicated by the fact that I want to do a smallish cut reasonably soon.

Lastly I will be moving to london and getting a proper gym around end of sept time. I think perhaps doing something like 5/3/1 boring but big once I move and can squat properly, so cut for a month and a half before. Otherwise something more like PPL but then there's the problem of bench and press on the same day. Unsure what the best routine for frequency is after one stops full body A/B/A
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest