The Student Room Group

According to the people on this forum, for a guy to just get an average girl..

Scroll to see replies

Original post by fat_hobbit
Yeah, that;s why I can understand the OP's frustration to some degree.

It almost feels like we have to overcompensate because we are not the right race/face does not fit.

The things these girls say in private is shocking.

Also have heard girls in private tell me, how they put guys in a ranking order by desirability.

Italians, French, Spanish etc at the top, with generally indians being at the bottom.

Of course they won't admit it publicly on here, but when you sleep with them and are chatting to them in private you hear it.

BUT WITH ALL THAT SAID OP.

IT DIDN'T HOLD ME BACK. So there is hope for you.

Having an indian background is not bad at all, i loved educating this girl im seeing she is romanian and is ignorant. Brain of a pea, scared her with Hitler going after people and gave her the history of where her people are from. Some people just need educating.
Original post by Helenia
I think they tried at the start and were basically told they were lying, shallow bitches, and that apparently 99% of us are massive slags. Can't imagine why that might put anyone off.

I think one key sentence the OP missed from one of the article he linked to in the first post is "Across all three levels of requestor attractiveness, men were more likely to go out, go to their apartment and go to bed with them than were women." So it's not just that women are being pickier about looks, it's that women are less interested in sex with strangers full stop. If men want casual sex more than women, some of them are going to be disappointed. This is not the fault of men for wanting it, but nor is it the fault of women for not wanting it. Sex should be something mutual that both parties want, it's not a "favour" bestowed by women on men.

The trouble with the OP, he is not even getting to first base.

There are steps.

1) Get number
2) Go on a date.
3) Kiss
4) Sleep with one another
5) Date.

Generally that's how it goes in the western society.

I suspect the OP struggles with step 1.

He said a lot of insulting things, I agree, but you gotta read between the lines here.

The guy is insecure, lonely and depressed. This thread was a cry for help from men and women on TSR.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by what is this
Lol strong aspie response, we're not studying economics here.
Doesn't make it any the less true. Maybe it takes an aspie to realize it.
The trouble with the OP, he is not even getting to first base.

There are steps.

1) Get number
2) Go one date.
3) Kiss
4) Sleep with one another
5) Date.

Generally that's how it goes in the western society.

I suspect the OP struggles with step 1.

He said a lot of insulting things, I agree, but you gotta read between the lines here.

The guy is insecure, lonely and depressed. This thread was a cry for help from men and women on TSR.

He needs to try it as if hes playing another character, put that **** aside.
Original post by SloaneRanger
Having an indian background is not bad at all, i loved educating this girl im seeing she is romanian and is ignorant. Brain of a pea, scared her with Hitler going after people and gave her the history of where her people are from. Some people just need educating.

You just need to adapt your game accordingly.

OP hasn't done that.

You also need a thicker skin, after 9/11 etc brown men are not exactly portrayed in the best of light in the media.
Original post by Another
Ah, black men. Top of the chain, every time... are they a symbol of rebellion or something? I keep seeing girls falling head over feet over heels over pavement for my brother. Like, holy hell.

Completely agree with you on the ethnic front though. The results in the American study are truly shocking IMO ($240k extra a year for being east asian? What in the...) and so often I hear from girls "I'm not attracted to guys of my own race. I like white guys. What about you? Do you agree? Do you like white or black guys?" Yes dearie, because the world only exists in black/your own ethnicity and white. Please.

Not at all - in fact I'm very particular about personality. Probably more so than others. If there's a slight flaw that stands out to me, even if everyone else thinks it's a minor issue, it's a deal breaker to me. I hate to comprimise. I actually care little about money (or material possessions in general) and what I consider "perfect" looking (or close) is pretty subjective. For me, Taboo from BEP is close. Many, many other girls will beg to differ. Personality, belief system, the way he treats other people, whether or not he bad mouths people often, generosity/charitability, reliability, loyalty, interest in the arts and academia, fashion sense, those are all important in a relationship.

Now in a club, obviously you know nothing of the other person's character at all. So if I'm going to hook up with them, they better have the face of Zeus.

At least, it's good that you're not bitter.

From what I see you're happy with where you are now, you have a range of interests, and your life doesn't revolve around women. Do remember though that not all of us will have been hooking up constantly by the age of 25+, so don't assume so straight away on first appearances. That being said, if I were in your position, I wouldn't settle for anything less than what I thought I was worth, only go with a girl who's intentions are genuine, one who doesn't feel like she is settling just so she can have a stable emotional relationship through marriage. I can't give you any advice on how to actually get a relationhip cause, well, I haven't been in one either :lol:

What I have noticed though, strangely, is that all the pretty female celebrities you see have really rocky relationships. Even the beauty idols, will experience some sort of crushing heartbreak. Beauty doesn't buy you happiness, eh. It's the average couples who marry for life.

Out of interest, what do you consider a 5/10 girl to look like? I've always wondered what average truly was.

America is a 'special' place. Terrible place for all ethnic minorities. Especially the dating scene for men, any ethnic minorities who are not black men are just insulted in the USA. I would not visit the USA again in a million years. Dump place.
(edited 9 years ago)
Ah **** you guys have got interested in girls again Lol. That was the path I had forgotten 18 months ago. I had abandoned any hope, but now you guys got me thinking on that.

I didn't make this thread about me needing help, it was made to make a general statement that women are as, if not more, shallow as men and to stop the confidence/personality crew from spouting off their usual rubbish.

Now I've opened up those feelings of bitterness and depression, ones I didn't want to meet again but I guess I have to fight back like a spartan.
(edited 9 years ago)
He needs to try it as if hes playing another character, put that **** aside.

He isn't getting to first base mate.

Right this guy is getting no hits (baseball terminology)
You just need to adapt your game accordingly.

OP hasn't done that.

You also need a thicker skin, after 9/11 etc brown men are not exactly portrayed in the best of light in the media.

Yep, you've said it all.
He isn't getting to first base mate.

Right this guy is getting no hits (baseball terminology)

Yeah,lol "no hitter" also a shut out atm. Even a walk to get on base isn't a bad thing haha. It reminds me if your two associates. But its rectifiable, if he is willing to change, he will look back and laugh.
(edited 9 years ago)
TBH I wish women on TSR will help the OP by posting.

This thread has turned into a cockfest, which ironically mirrors his life to date.

There's no helping him and I think it's even got to the point of becoming a mental issue as he's completely incapable of thinking rationally about the whole thing. He's lost.
Reply 451
Original post by Another

Now in a club, obviously you know nothing of the other person's character at all. So if I'm going to hook up with them, they better have the face of Zeus.

Attachment not found

So hawt
Original post by what is this
Ah fuxk you guys have got interested in girls again Lol. That was the path I had forgotten 18 months ago. I had abandoned any hope, but now you guys got me thinking on that.

I didn't make this thread about me needing help, it was made to make a general statement that women are as, if not more, shallow as men and to stop the confidence/personality crew from spouting off their usual rubbish.

You are not very socially aware are you?

Please don't do this if you meet women in real life.

Look - I am not a fan of white knighting here.

But if you want girls to be receptive towards you. You don't say that.

Look at socialnoobs thread, how many girls have responded there. Look at this thread, you just have a fat_hobbit and his 7 dwarfs responding to you.

Now I've opened up those feelings of bitterness and depression, ones I didn't want to meet again but I guess I have to fight back like a spartan.

That's the spirit.
Yeah,lol "no hitter" also a shut out atm. Even a walk to get on base isn't a bad thing haha. It reminds me if your two associates. But its rectifiable, if he is willing to change, he will look back and laugh.

I think the OP does not realise that you normally attract people who are similar to you.

It's the law of attraction.

I normally attract quite eccentric types, because I am that.

So if he goes out , does his own thing, and meets girls whilst doing it, they will gravitate towards him naturally.

It's like our boy socialnoob banging a fellow recruitment consultant after a **** load of rejection.

it's about quality not abundance.

Look at socialnoobs thread, how many girls have responded there. Look at this thread, you just have a fat_hobbit and his 7 dwarfs responding to you.

That's the spirit.

As much as i like to argue with fathobbit and say he is giving bad advice. He is actually right LMAO. He speaks from experience and adapting improved him "slightly" and he is a work in progress too. You can learn a lot from what he says.
Yeah, that;s why I can understand the OP's frustration to some degree.

It almost feels like we have to overcompensate because we are not the right race/face does not fit.

The things these girls say in private is shocking.

Also have heard girls in private tell me, how they put guys in a ranking order by desirability.

Italians, French, Spanish etc at the top, with generally indians being at the bottom.

Of course they won't admit it publicly on here, but when you sleep with them and are chatting to them in private you hear it.

BUT WITH ALL THAT SAID OP.

IT DIDN'T HOLD ME BACK. So there is hope for you.

I'm not going to argue with this. There is actually a lot of racism towards Asian men echoing the part in bold. Although generally I'm not attracted to Asian guys, there have been a few I've fancied and recently dated one...my friends were a bit like 'ooh he's Asian :s-smilie:' when I told them where he's from (India) but in actual fact he's very good looking.

That's an added element Asian guys have to contend with in particular.
Original post by Tom_Ford
America is a 'special' place. Terrible place for all ethnic minorities. Especially the dating scene for men, any ethnic minorities who are not black men are just insulted in the USA. I would not visit the USA again in a million years. Dump place.

Strange, I just came back from NY - and I swear, everyone is beautiful there. Everyone, regardless of race. There's a huge Japanese community in Toronto too (I know, not America, but still) and I'd see a couple of beauties every day.

But because of race, people hesitate to date them. Like they're dating down a class or something. Hey ho, more for me.

I'd like to think that he behaves differently in real life, an instance where he comes online to an internet forum to vent out his most major frustrations under the guise of relative anonymity yet in his day to day routine, he comes across as a normal person

Is what I'd like to believe.
I think the OP does not realise that you normally attract people who are similar to you.

It's the law of attraction.

I normally attract quite eccentric types, because I am that.

So if he goes out , does his own thing, and meets girls whilst doing it, they will gravitate towards him naturally.

It's like our boy socialnoob banging a fellow recruitment consultant after a **** load of rejection. They were reluctant to blame parental failures, it was an experiment. I want them to confront their parents through "physical intervention".
it's about quality not abundance.

i created a facade to see how gullible you were they both got nothing. It was entertaining watching failure.
Original post by Helenia

Thirdly, again, how on earth is shooting people going to make women want to have sex with men?

All women love bad boys.
Original post by Another
Strange, I just came back from NY - and I swear, everyone is beautiful there. Everyone, regardless of race. There's a huge Japanese community in Toronto too (I know, not America, but still) and I'd see a couple of beauties every day.

But because of race, people hesitate to date them. Like they're dating down a class or something. Hey ho, more for me.

I'd like to think that he behaves differently in real life, an instance where he comes online to an internet forum to vent out his most major frustrations under the guise of relative anonymity yet in his day to day routine, he comes across as a normal person

Is what I'd like to believe.

It is not about looks in America. It is about race there. Even if you're good looking and ethnic you will get discriminated against. They are much more serious about their ideas of racial hierarchy.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending