The Student Room Group

Job dilemma

Hi I wanted to ask if there was anything wrong in starting a temporary job somewhere for say 3 months, and then leaving? The thing is I am moving to another country with my parents next January, but was offered a job and could use the money; so I was wondering if I took the job for say September to December to get some extra money, and then told them in December that I was leaving could they say anything about it???
Any advice would be helpful?
Original post by Teddysmith123
x

No, that's fine. They can't force you to stay at the company. All you need to do is give them the required notice period before you plan on leaving (in part time retail, this is usually 1-2 weeks, but can vary)
Original post by TornadoGR4
No, that's fine. They can't force you to stay at the company. All you need to do is give them the required notice period before you plan on leaving (in part time retail, this is usually 1-2 weeks, but can vary)

Ok thank you so much

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Just make sure you read your contract through; whilst the legal minimum is about 2 weeks i think, your contract may say something else- by the end of this year, i will be required to give a month's notice for my part-time job!
Original post by JTR__
Just make sure you read your contract through; whilst the legal minimum is about 2 weeks i think, your contract may say something else- by the end of this year, i will be required to give a month's notice for my part-time job!

Yes I'll be sure to do that just incase

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Hiya. If you want to make a bit of extra money on the side then please PM me. Looking for motivated people to be a part of my team promoting make up products

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending