The Student Room Group

Older woman, younger man?

Does this confuse or repulse or humor anyone else? :smile:

But I do admittedly have a double standard, as I am a woman in her 20's who just loves men in their 30's and 40's. When I was 15 my first was 24 :s-smilie: But what young, and then attractive girl just budding into life and her womanhood and personally wanting the best for herself, wouldn't be interested in a strapping distinguished man finally ready to settle down after an earlier adulthood of settling ambitions?

As opposed to a young man in the same position as the young woman, who is attracted (or something) to a cougar who looks like his mom, probably? She could be a hot cougar but I feel as a woman she might have gone wrong somewhere and still feels the need to satisfy some... unresolved childhood fascination to date a younger man by 10, 20 yrs. like a 40, 50 something with a 20, 30 something. It's kind of sad, actually. Does she feed him too, I don't know lol

But what do you think? Is one worse, is it the same, do you agree or disagree with it? :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I think it's okay if they're both around the same age, give or take a few years. Some people look and behave a lot younger or older than they really are so age can vary for people that they find to be compatible with.

Having said that, a woman's youth and a man's life experience are supposedly quite important to us on an instinctual level, which might be why it usually ends up that way.
Reply 2
Original post by TheBBQ
I think it's okay if they're both around the same age, give or take a few years. Some people look and behave a lot younger or older than they really are so age can vary for people that they find to be compatible with.

Having said that, a woman's youth and a man's life experience are supposedly quite important to us on an instinctual level, which might be why it usually ends up that way.

lmao I just said in the other thread to come here so ignore that :laugh:
Second paragraph you have applied to men applies to women equally and probably explains a lot to be honest.
Reply 4
Original post by TheBBQ

No not around the same age, like 10-20 yrs apart. Like 40 with 20 and 50 with 30. For a woman being the older. :s-smilie: Some how reversed for man being the older in that age gap it happens more and actually it's talked about but not laughed at. If a man was with a woman with that age gap and he's younger he'd be laughed at but it's because, where did she go wrong and what does he possibly see in her. That's a credible take on it, in my opinion.
Reply 5
Original post by Huskaris
Second paragraph you have applied to men applies to women equally and probably explains a lot to be honest.

The mother-to-child is much more sensitive than father-to-child. So a woman being with a younger man and then much younger like old enough to be his mom is on a whole nother level of perversion, she'd be laughed out the building. A man with a younger woman wouldn't. WHy is that?
Oh I ****ing love cougars. I used to work in a conference centre and always had them divorced middle class cougars scoping me. It was tough as a waiter 'cause you couldn't make a move unless they said something suggestive first. In my experience, cougars love the youngins 'cause we make 'em feel young.
Reply 7
Original post by ApeMob
No not around the same age, like 10-20 yrs apart. Like 40 with 20 and 50 with 30. For a woman being the older. :s-smilie: Some how reversed for man being the older in that age gap it happens more and actually it's talked about but not laughed at. If a man was with a woman with that age gap and he's younger he'd be laughed at but it's because, where did she go wrong and what does he possibly see in her. That's a credible take on it, in my opinion.

Yeah I agree. But even with those age gaps where the woman is younger, some people do think like that but not as badly, probably because of the thing I said before where a woman's youth and a guy's life experience are sought after.

When some people see them they think that the guy achieved something and the woman is just silly.

Although when it comes to rich guys and young models people just see her as being a good digger :tongue:
Reply 8
Original post by TheBBQ

Although when it comes to rich guys and young models people just see her as being a good digger :tongue:

That's a pretty fascinating scenario, for like us common folk lol being with an older man who is just an average Joe it's still not seen as such, like she's a gold digger because he's just like a bus driver or the owner of a small local shop or works 9-5 in a regular office for a nonprofit organization like a school or something. I as a younger woman loving to date older men in various financial situations personally like them because I feel they are someone to aspire to, he can teach me things, enforce what I know, he's set in life, it's a stable, good thing in my eyes.
Reply 9
Original post by Lone tiger
Oh I ****ing love cougars. I used to work in a conference centre and always had them divorced middle class cougars scoping me. It was tough as a waiter 'cause you couldn't make a move unless they said something suggestive first. In my experience, cougars love the youngins 'cause we make 'em feel young.

I could never imagine being with a younger guy just to feel young, like feel young on your own. Have fun, don't let your age weigh you down or make you insecure enough to experiment "if you still got it" with a younger man who's probably bogged down by student loans or something lol. I can't believe that being with an older woman doesn't develop some mama's boy effect for him...even though they're dating :afraid: Also what's that baby gonna look like with an older woman? Much less healthier probability wise than with a younger woman.
Reply 10
The half your age + 7 rule for the youngest person you can date applies to both sexes. Outside this tolerance is pretty gross and makes you a laughing stock, however much you want to spin it.
Reply 11
Original post by Zarek
The half your age + 7 rule for the youngest person you can date applies to both sexes. Outside this tolerance is pretty gross and makes you a laughing stock, however much you want to spin it.

Wait there's a rule? :erm: how would this work, exactly? lol Like mathematically speaking?

Half my age....11...plus 7. 18? I'm 22 and should date an 18 yr old? Ummm......
There's aoThere's lot loy lT
Original post by ApeMob
The mother-to-child is much more sensitive than father-to-child. So a woman being with a younger man and then much younger like old enough to be his mom is on a whole nother level of perversion, she'd be laughed out the building. A man with a younger woman wouldn't. WHy is that?

I disagree that the mother child dynamic is more sensitive I would just say that it expresses itself differently. I wouldn't claim that young guys go for older women because of some mother thing any more than all young girls go for older men because of daddy issues, although there is probably something in both.
Original post by ApeMob
I could never imagine being with a younger guy just to feel young, like feel young on your own. Have fun, don't let your age weigh you down or make you insecure enough to experiment "if you still got it" with a younger man who's probably bogged down by student loans or something lol. I can't believe that being with an older woman doesn't develop some mama's boy effect for him...even though they're dating :afraid: Also what's that baby gonna look like with an older woman? Much less healthier probability wise than with a younger woman.

Younger guys have higher sex drives. Personally, I can bust a load about 6 times a day, whereas it probably takes an older guy their age 10 minutes to activate their dicks once. Ain't nobody got time fo dat. My dick's hella responsive like it's running on fibre optic broadband. The cougars know this.
Reply 14
Original post by Huskaris
There's aoThere's lot loy lT

I disagree that the mother child dynamic is more sensitive I would just say that it expresses itself differently. I wouldn't claim that young guys go for older women because of some mother thing any more than all young girls go for older men because of daddy issues, although there is probably something in both.

Eh? And the mommy or daddy isn't isn't my main point, because I would never say that, to say: "a young guy likes older woman because he has mommy issues." That's a bit ignorant to say. I am not questioning why he likes what he likes or why she likes what she likes, just wondering like...what do people feel when they see it because it just is weird to me when I see it, particularly when the older woman is so much older and unattractive and he's so young and pretty average or attractive. This sparked because I ws watching recently a show called Love Addiction and the woman just was falling apart lol because of her age, infertile as well and the young guy was just blind and in denial. Older than his mom and all.
Reply 15
Original post by Lone tiger
Younger guys have higher sex drives. Personally, I can bust a load about 6 times a day, whereas it probably takes an older guy their age 10 minutes to activate their dicks once. Ain't nobody got time fo dat. My dick's hella responsive like it's running on fibre optic broadband. The cougars know this.

Thanks for the overshare.
Reply 16
Original post by Zarek

Seriously tell me how it works. :s-smilie:
Original post by ApeMob
Thanks for the overshare.

Nah man, it's my pleasure.
Original post by ApeMob
Wait there's a rule? :erm: how would this work, exactly? lol Like mathematically speaking?

Half my age....11...plus 7. 18? I'm 22 and should date an 18 yr old? Ummm......

Only applies for dudes really and it's assuming that it's a relationship in which the guy will be older than the girl. Also no, that's the youngest you can date. So the youngest you should date is an 18 year old
Original post by ApeMob
Eh? And the mommy or daddy isn't isn't my main point, because I would never say that, to say: "a young guy likes older woman because he has mommy issues." That's a bit ignorant to say. I am not questioning why he likes what he likes or why she likes what she likes, just wondering like...what do people feel when they see it because it just is weird to me when I see it, particularly when the older woman is so much older and unattractive and he's so young and pretty average or attractive. This sparked because I ws watching recently a show called Love Addiction and the woman just was falling apart lol because of her age, infertile as well and the young guy was just blind and in denial. Older than his mom and all.

Haha sorry, posted off my phone, didn't go to plan...

I don't really think there's much difference between the two really.

Latest

Trending

Trending