The Student Room Group

St George's Medicine Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Joannywhite
Yup MMI. There were 7 stations and one of them was an acting station. We were divided into groups depending on when our interviews started. You get 7 people in one room and u basically rotate from one station to another. Kinda like speed dating :tongue:
I thought most of the interviewers were quite friendly :biggrin:
Expect anything lol
Posted from TSR Mobile

That sounds okay. Any random questions? Did they use your personal statement a lot?

Sorry I'm asking so many questions:colondollar:
Original post by JMJ_1996
Yeah I live quite close to London. I have emailed them but my message failed because of some reason idek. I think I'll give them a call tomorrow

That's strange! Yeah it's worth a try :smile:
Original post by vee_wuvshugs
That sounds okay. Any random questions? Did they use your personal statement a lot?

Sorry I'm asking so many questions:colondollar:

I would say the questions were pretty much basic or general. They don't use the ps pre interview but they do use it to learn more abt u when u get invited for interview.

Posted from TSR Mobile
A Level entry requirements have been changed on the website. Please make sure u call up the uni or email them if u are not sure your grades meet the requirements :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 64
Thinking of applying! I meet the minimum standards, and I got a UKCAT score of 700
Original post by erudite
Thinking of applying! I meet the minimum standards, and I got a UKCAT score of 700

Go for it mate :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 66
Hey!
Could someone please help me :smile:

My stats are:
UKCAT: 685
GCSE's: I don't live in the UK so I haven't taken the GCSE's. But I do have the certificate of the 10th standard. A* in all subjects
A-levels: I will be taking Chemistry, Biology, Maths, English and German. They should all be A* too. (we don't have A*, but I think it's the equivalent)
I'm also very interested in chemistry. I have participated in many competitions.

work experience:
2 weeks at a hospital
several weeks at a GP's office

my Personal Statement should be okay-ish.

Would they consider me ? Or should I look at other unis?

Any help is appreciated :smile:
Original post by NsT3N12
Hey!
Could someone please help me :smile:

My stats are:
UKCAT: 685
GCSE's: I don't live in the UK so I haven't taken the GCSE's. But I do have the certificate of the 10th standard. A* in all subjects
A-levels: I will be taking Chemistry, Biology, Maths, English and German. They should all be A* too. (we don't have A*, but I think it's the equivalent)
I'm also very interested in chemistry. I have participated in many competitions.

work experience:
2 weeks at a hospital
several weeks at a GP's office

my Personal Statement should be okay-ish.

Would they consider me ? Or should I look at other unis?

Any help is appreciated :smile:

They will consider the equivalent of your qualifications and if it meets their mini entry requirements ull be fine. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 68
They will consider the equivalent of your qualifications and if it meets their mini entry requirements ull be fine. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

hey! Thanks :smile: is there anything I should look out for ?
Original post by NsT3N12
hey! Thanks :smile: is there anything I should look out for ?

Sorry im not sure what u mean :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 70
Sorry im not sure what u mean :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do they put a great emphasis on voluntary work/personal statement/...?
Original post by NsT3N12
Do they put a great emphasis on voluntary work/personal statement/...?

Oh right. SGUL don't look at ps before the interview but they use it to find out more about u when u are invited for one. They will ask u to fill out a work experience form so make sure u have contacts for ur work experience supervisors and all that. If u meet the academic requirements and the ukcat cutoff, > they'll invite u for an interview :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 72
Oh right. SGUL don't look at ps before the interview but they use it to find out more about u when u are invited for one. They will ask u to fill out a work experience form so make sure u have contacts for ur work experience supervisors and all that. If u meet the academic requirements and the ukcat cutoff, > they'll invite u for an interview :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh OK ... thank you so much :smile:
And the work experience Form. Should I already have it done before the 15th of October or will I be informed afterwards?
Original post by NsT3N12
Oh OK ... thank you so much :smile:
And the work experience Form. Should I already have it done before the 15th of October or will I be informed afterwards?

Dont worry abt it. Ull get it if u get an invite :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 74
Dont worry abt it. Ull get it if u get an invite :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Definitely applying here.

Stats:
5a* 4a 2b
aaaa and d3
680 avg

Does this mean I get an interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JackC96
I'm starting at SGUL in September so please ask me if you have any questions about the application process!

Hi, I'm hoping to apply for 2015 but I am stuck deciding between St. Georges because of the interview. Because a lot of people get interviews there is a lower success rate of getting a place and so I wanted to ask what your experience was of the interview?? :smile:
Original post by Pumuki63
Hi, I'm hoping to apply for 2015 but I am stuck deciding between St. Georges because of the interview. Because a lot of people get interviews there is a lower success rate of getting a place and so I wanted to ask what your experience was of the interview?? :smile:

Hi,
Sorry to butt in :biggrin:
Ok I was interviewed last year and I'm not gonna lie the interview was tough. But all med school interviews are tough if you think about it. The success rate does not depend on the number of people who get invited for interview. They only invite the top 600. It depends on your interview score only. If your score meets the threshold, u will get an offer. You would have to work on your interviewing skills to meet this threshold if not u'll be rejected or placed on the waiting list.

Hi. Decided to quote you on here instead.
Yes I have done my ukcat. I got 627.5 average. :frown:
Hi. Decided to quote you on here instead.
Yes I have done my ukcat. I got 627.5 average. :frown:

Hmm it's really does seem ukcat scores have dropped this year :/ good luck with your application

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending